Gaming So Who Did Already Preoder SHITPOST

Aahz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ordered the grey one because I can always buy different colors later on if something nifty comes along. Also, I plan to do my very best to resist ever updating the firmware. :evil:

ViolentRockstar

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
So I saw the release price in the USA and thus I wanted to preorder it for 300$ (around €280).Then I saw that it'll cost me €330 in the Netherlands? What? Does anybody know why its way cheaper in the USA?

Xuman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was the first at the gamestop I went to because it was in a ghetto area that no one felt safe waiting outside the door for. Got the first neon bundle, got zelda, and got a single grey joycon. I imagine in the future we will get like, Yellow and Green next.

Reactions: Reecey

andremario81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll preorder one when I can get to my local store :)
EDIT: I'm the only one that will preorder the grey Joy-cons model?
No you are not alone. I preordered the gray one or what I call the original sexy! The red/blue is cool but I'm 35 I don't feel like standing out in the crowd if I take this thing out in public.

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
I posted in the wrong thread, nevermind!

I have actually pre-ordered mine from game.co.uk. I got the Gay Switch console bundle because I didn't want the gay pink controller on the left or is it red I cannot tell and I got Zelda and Mario Odyssey on release date, I cannot see the point in the rest tbh. MK8 Deluxe was pulling my debit card a bit but its already on the wiiu and you have to pay for online service which I want to know way more about before paying it, you never know you might get 3 months free ticket inside the box to try or something with the console which would be good also MK8 might get a DLC on the wiiu to work alongside the Switch version, which then would be pointless.

I see a few good heads in the thread that have already pre-ordered, nice to see! :)
@mech have you pre-ordered one? I hope you have I see lot of comments but nothing official :)

Last edited by Reecey,
Reactions: Maximilious

Supster131

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ *:・゚✧
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
whGiRmI.png
Only had Neon ones left, but I didn't mind.
I am kind of disappointed that we can't pre-order the Pro controller. Hopefully they don't sell out too fast on launch day.

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
Oooooo, which bundle was the Gay bundle? I'm in!! lol
The "Gay Bundle"..... well let me tell you! that's the secret bundle, that's the best bundle out them all! You need to have a word with some employees at Game and then you have to, well... you know, give them a secret service an you get a cheaper price also you get a special version of Mario Odyssey which is due out later on in the year, where I'm told poor princess peach gets it in every hole from every angle by big well hung bowser!!!, its xxx rated apparently. Also I forgot to mention to you, Mario doesn't actually ride Yoshi in Mario Odyseey on top as we all know and love, he rides Yoshi from the back with a toad stall as a strap on! :blink: :O

Last edited by Reecey,
Reactions: Maximilious

digipimp75

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Preordered the gray bundle from Best Buy. Didn't preorder any games yet, but will most likely be getting Zelda. Dude, SCREW that 1 2 Switch nonsense. That should be a pack-in title!

Reactions: Saiyan Lusitano
S

Saiyan Lusitano

whGiRmI.png
Only had Neon ones left, but I didn't mind.
I am kind of disappointed that we can't pre-order the Pro controller. Hopefully they don't sell out too fast on launch day.
I think you'll be pleasantly pleased with the Neon Joy-Con colours but in terms of playability and usability.. that's for you and your hands to decide. Tried 'em and they're just not for me.

The Pro Controller in US will cost $69.99 which is a lot of dough for a controller. I'll say this, the Switch Pro Controller feels amazingly comfortable and just as good as an Xbox One controller. If there's one downside, it's that it has digital triggers.

Reactions: Supster131

xile6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd Say they are powered through the tablet when on the tablet, and charged through the tablet when the tablet itself is charged or sitting in the dock while not playing.
Then again no one has seen a joycon from the back and I imagine they could as well just use batteries.
They charge wireless like cellphones.
So while dock on the switch, joy-con grip charger or dock charger they will pull power to charge themselfs.
Its also been said by nintendo that while the switch is off they joy-con will charge by pulling power from the switch built in battery.

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
They charge wireless like cellphones.
So while dock on the switch, joy-con grip charger or dock charger they will pull power to charge themselfs.
Its also been said by nintendo that while the switch is off they joy-con will charge by pulling power from the switch built in battery.
Ah you mean via induction like an electric toothbrush or the wireless charging phones, via contact. That makes sense, haven't seen any kind of connector on the switch-connecting side of the Joycon.
I doubt they will charge at all if switch is undocked and not charged, that would mean pulling even more of the Switch's already quite weak battery life.

xile6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah you mean via induction like an electric toothbrush or the wireless charging phones, via contact. That makes sense, haven't seen any kind of connector on the switch-connecting side of the Joycon.
I doubt they will charge at all if switch is undocked and not charged, that would mean pulling even more of the Switch's already quite weak battery life.
yea inducted charging.
And it was said by nintendo. But they probably mean the joy-con will charge while the switch is docked.
Which would make sense. Power is being supply to charge the switch and the switch then charges the joy-cons. It would be the same as putting the joy-con on a charger.
But while on only battery power it would only charge them when the system is on and in use. Might be a reason why the switch has a low battery life.

Im sure someone will test the switch on battery in tablet mode and handheld mode.

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
No iirc the Joycons will not charge through the switch when playing undocked and without charging. To charge them you explicitly need to have the switch in dock, or the switch at ac adapter, or the charging grip.

Supster131

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ *:・゚✧
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think you'll be pleasantly pleased with the Neon Joy-Con colours but in terms of playability and usability.. that's for you and your hands to decide. Tried 'em and they're just not for me.

The Pro Controller in US will cost $69.99 which is a lot of dough for a controller. I'll say this, the Switch Pro Controller feels amazingly comfortable and just as good as an Xbox One controller. If there's one downside, it's that it has digital triggers.
Huh, interesting. We'll see. I have huge hands, so I was somewhat concerned when they were first revealed. Apparently they weren't too bad.

I don't think the joycons will be an issue for some games, but games like Mario Kart (which I play almost near competitively) I think the Pro controller will be definitely worth it. As for the triggers being digital, I can see that being an issue in some games, but like like the Wii U Pro controller, it was decent enough for MK8 :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Many such cases.