Hacking So what's the most current version of the firmware?

Dalrint

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm running 2.1 but apparently there is a 2.3? Is it worth updating to? I think I remember something about the new bookmark stuff going away?

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, there was a 2.3 FW released over a year ago. Bookmarks are still there. All 2.3 did was fix a few more games. That was the last update TeamCyclops ever made to either of their carts.

It seems that there were some people complaining of some issue or another, but I've never had any problems with 2.3.

You didn't specify whether you had the EVO or iEVO, but the iEVO also added support for a sort of a partial DSi mode.

See the original 2.3 release announcement and firmware download here:
http://www.teamcyclo...ead.php?t=11222

Be sure to get the correct update for YOUR version cart.

As for whether you should update to it or not.....that's up to you, but I don't see why not. I mean, that firmware WAS released over a year ago, so either way you'd still have to manually patch newer games to run on the Cyclo anyway. It's just that with 2.3 a few more games should work without external patching than 2.1 had, that's all.

Hope that helps you. :)

leiger

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm running 2.1 but apparently there is a 2.3? Is it worth updating to? I think I remember something about the new bookmark stuff going away?

There doesn't seem to be any mention of removed features in the change log, and I don't remember that being the case anyway.

What I'd suggest is that you make a backup of your files beforehand (as you should do before any update), then upgrade to v2.3 firmware. If for some reason you wish to revert back to an older firmware version, place that update file onto the root of the microSD card as usual, but hold DOWN+B when booting the CycloDS to force an update.

The website I am linking to (CycloDS Revolution, an unofficial support website) includes a list of all firmware revisions, so you can upgrade or downgrade to whichever one you want. See 'Download > Firmware' in the top menu.

2.1 Changelog:
03 February 2011
  • Common
    • Added GUI screen capture option, for reviewers and skin testers. See readme for details
    • Fixed game compatibility regression with 0168, 0559 etc
  • iEVO
    • Moonshell is now supported in DSi mode. Please ensure that you download and use the copy of Moonshell v2.10 from the CycloDS website
In addition, the CycloDS iEvolution users manual PDF file and a new build of MoonShell v2 are available.

2.2 Changelog:
03 March 2011
  • Common
    • Game compatibility fixes (DSi 0120, 5418, 5424, 5435, 5444 and more)
  • iEVO
    • Resolved MicroSD stability issue causing freezing in rare cases
2.3 Changelog:

20 May 2011
  • Common
    • Miscellaneous game compatibility fixes
  • iEVO
    • DSi mode is now supported on 3DS

Reactions: 1 person

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    maaaaan that's so awesome but I also don't want to fork over a hundo for it
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Leo could not withstand communism.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its OUR products to begin with lol.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its OUR products to begin with lol.