Homebrew so there is free shop and roms, but what else is a good thing to get on a modded 3ds?

SwaGoat

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
This is not what ''good things'' you should get,it's just a list of things I have,I deem them useful,but never use them since I don't play 3ds often.
So,here it is:
  • Firstly,I'd recomend a faster-booting exploit.I guess the most easy-to-use is Menuhax,but Arm9Loader seems to have many more features,faster loading speed e.t.c (Note,I don't use Arm9Loader,though,if you wanna check it out read Plailtect's Guides
  • Multiple cia installing applications (Just in case,I've done so,but you may just download whicheverone you like/prefer)
  • Free 3ds Games,no matter how (Flashcard or cias).At both cases,you will need a MicroSD of BIG capacity.(Note:I personally have Gateway,I think it's quite good besides the reputation it has.Anyways,what I wanted to say,is that I'd never get the Gateway Flashcard if cias were released back then.I,preffer having Gateway though,since its ''Plug-and-play'' feature.Right now,I want cias,since they give you the ability to play online,and have Special versions of a game,e.g;New Super Mario Bros 2:Special Edition)
  • Free VisualConsole Games,you know,the retro games.If you want to play them you'll need to install them/play them through miniPasta or PastaCFW.If you need help on where to find them,then search for that iso site.Also,if you have a N3ds,you'll get the option to play SNES VC too.
  • Free DS Games,I personally use a cheap R4 flashcard,which,probably,the only problem there is to it,is the slower functionality on some emulators,which doesn't bother me at all since I have VC Cias.There is said to be a 3DESemuME emulator,but I haven't tested it,and I've read it's quite slow,at o3ds at least.
  • NTR CFW,for any use you'd like it.I personally only have it for screenshots,but there are other useful features you could make use of.
  • The most important one,VERSION 9.2.To do most of the things I reffered,you need a version,obviously lower than 10.7,but even with that,I preffer having 9.2,since it's like the conteporary,core of the 3ds Homebrew.

Reactions: NightScript

MadMageKefka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is not what ''good things'' you should get,it's just a list of things I have,I deem them useful,but never use them since I don't play 3ds often.
So,here it is:
  • Firstly,I'd recomend a faster-booting exploit.I guess the most easy-to-use is Menuhax,but Arm9Loader seems to have many more features,faster loading speed e.t.c (Note,I don't use Arm9Loader,though,if you wanna check it out read Plailtect's Guides
  • Multiple cia installing applications (Just in case,I've done so,but you may just download whicheverone you like/prefer)
  • Free 3ds Games,no matter how (Flashcard or cias).At both cases,you will need a MicroSD of BIG capacity.(Note:I personally have Gateway,I think it's quite good besides the reputation it has.Anyways,what I wanted to say,is that I'd never get the Gateway Flashcard if cias were released back then.I,preffer having Gateway though,since its ''Plug-and-play'' feature.Right now,I want cias,since they give you the ability to play online,and have Special versions of a game,e.g;New Super Mario Bros 2:Special Edition)
  • Free VisualConsole Games,you know,the retro games.If you want to play them you'll need to install them/play them through miniPasta or PastaCFW.If you need help on where to find them,then search for that iso site.Also,if you have a N3ds,you'll get the option to play SNES VC too.
  • Free DS Games,I personally use a cheap R4 flashcard,which,probably,the only problem there is to it,is the slower functionality on some emulators,which doesn't bother me at all since I have VC Cias.There is said to be a 3DESemuME emulator,but I haven't tested it,and I've read it's quite slow,at o3ds at least.
  • NTR CFW,for any use you'd like it.I personally only have it for screenshots,but there are other useful features you could make use of.
  • The most important one,VERSION 9.2.To do most of the things I reffered,you need a version,obviously lower than 10.7,but even with that,I preffer having 9.2,since it's like the conteporary,core of the 3ds Homebrew.
There is so much wrong with this post I don't even know where to begin...

MadMageKefka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As I said,it's what I have,it's not what HE should get.Just my personal prefference,nothing else.
No, I'm not saying the way you do things is wrong, I'm saying a lot of the information you provided in your post is just plain wrong. You clearly have no understanding of 3ds hacks.

Last edited by MadMageKefka,
Reactions: Deleted User

SwaGoat

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
No, I'm not saying the way you do thing is wrong, I'm saying a lot of the information you provided in your post is just plain wrong. You clearly have no understanding of 3ds hacks.
Well,I'd give that to myself too.If it's too misleading/wrong,I can edit/delete the post. :P

MadMageKefka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Let me see if I can help you out then.
  • This is mostly fine. I assume OP already has a9lh since that is the new standard, but he didn't say so it's possible he is using menuhax + an emuNAND. Again though, I doubt it as that is very outdated at this point. If OP does not have a9lh I suggest he switch to it. I also suggest you switch to it as well. There are a LOT of good reasons to switch.
  • You don't need multiple cia installing apps. The latest version of FBI works for everything I have ever installed. In the past FBI had some trouble with some cia's, but it was given a MAJOR update quite some time ago and I haven't had a single problem since.
  • Flashcarts are always a bad choice over cia's. With a flashcart, you can't go online with games unless you purchase (or dump your own) a private header for your game. With cia's you can go online or do whatever you want. I'm a bit confused why you don't use cia's. You said yourself you thought they were better, and that you were on 9.2. You can install cia games with 9.2 on an updated emuNAND no problem.
  • Don't run VC games with minipasta. You need to use it to install them to sysNAND if you use an emuNAND and menuhax, true, but you can run them from emuNAND after doing so. If you have a9lh and are using updated sysNAND mode, you can just install VC games once and play them. No emuNAND is used with this setup.
  • The information here is good, but I find it funny that you are saying its "free" DS games, then say you have to BUY a cheap flashcart. I get what you mean, its just kinda funny.
  • NTR is great, but I already suggested that. :P Also, there are ways to take screenshots without NTR. Just FYI. Your information here is fine.
  • If you are using menuhax + emuNAND the ONLY working version is 9.2 (technically you can use 9.0-9.2 but that's just splitting hairs). The only way to play pirated games on other versions is with a flashcart, and you won't be able to install cia's. If you use a9lh with updated sysNAND mode, your sysNAND will have the CFW running instead of using an emuNAND, so you can be on any system version and have your hacks fully working. Cia installs, homebrew, all of it. Also homebrew can run on ANY system version at the time of this post (11.1.0-34X).
Hope this helped clear some things up for you. :D

SwaGoat

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
  • Flashcarts are always a bad choice over cia's. With a flashcart, you can't go online with games unless you purchase (or dump your own) a private header for your game. With cia's you can go online or do whatever you want. I'm a bit confused why you don't use cia's. You said yourself you thought they were better, and that you were on 9.2. You can install cia games with 9.2 on an updated emuNAND no problem.
Well,yeah that's a bit confused actually.I don't use cias since I don't have MicroSD/SD Cards of high capacity.I've made a post to ask if there's any ''easier'' way to play 3ds games online.
The thing I did at some point was;
1.Get Gateway Emunand
2.Update it to latest version
3.Use Gateway to install games
4.Normally played games online.

Yeah,that's SURELY NOT the easiest way it could be done.

Mikemk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well,yeah that's a bit confused actually.I don't use cias since I don't have MicroSD/SD Cards of high capacity.I've made a post to ask if there's any ''easier'' way to play 3ds games online.
1.Get Gateway Emunand

1.Install A9LH
2.Update sysnand to latest version (optional)
3.Use FBI to install games

You were saying?

MadMageKefka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1.Get Gateway Emunand

Trust me. Make the jump to a9lh. Just be very careful to follow Plailect's guide EXACTLY. You will thank yourself for the switch. Gateway was a pioneer in 3ds hacking and deserves respect, but its dead now. A9lh can even recover your 3ds from a brick, do you really need any more reason than that to use it? lol.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
We still need a YouTube app without the shit-tier muddy video quality.

And a 480p H.264 video player, that can read videos off the SD card. Something like MPlayer/FFMPEG, ported over.

A proper dedicated MP3/WAV/OGG/FLAC player app, launchable from .CIA

SwaGoat

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
1.Install A9LH
2.Update sysnand to latest version (optional)
3.Use FBI to install games

You were saying?

You mention this as an easier way right?I'm sorry I firstly wrote that ''Yeah,that's SURELY the easiest way it could be done'' that's obviously wrong,lol.
About,A9LH,I have to admit it,I don't know it's full potential,other than fast-autoboot,and the fact that you can fully update sysNAND to the latest version,without having any problems,as if it was emuNAND.Other than that,I've tried following the Plailtect Guide,I'm stuck on the first step,due to either my lack of ''knowledge'' on english,or I just don't understand the ''terms'' or something.

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
if you play pokemon, the homebrew bank
generally emulators for nes, snes, master system, mega drive, gb (gba on n3ds)
a save manager
an sd card explorer
an ftp homebrew, preferably nintendos own micro sd management app.

and thats pretty much it besides more games

SwaGoat

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I really don't see any difference between having Menuhax or A9lh,actually,
The first step is installing the homebrew launcher. Also required for gateway.
Um,it's not allowed to sent links,so I won't sent any,but no,the part 1 is ''The first thing this guide will do is to gain full control over the security processor of the device, the ARM9.''

Mikemk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Um,it's not allowed to sent links,so I won't sent any,but no,the part 1 is ''The first thing this guide will do is to gain full control over the security processor of the device, the ARM9.''
You can send links to content that's not pirated, which includes the guide. If you read the guide, the first thing you do is enable running homebrew at all.

MadMageKefka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Its ok to link Plailect's guide here. Do you have a N3DS, O3DS, or 2DS? What system version is it on? Finally, do you have a working internet browser on your 3DS? I will link you the proper part of the guide if you can tell me this info.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended