Hacking So the SD card used in the vWii hacking process HAS to be 2GB or below?

D

Deleted User

I did it with an 8gb microSD. Just go ahead and try it, if it works it works, if it doesnt it doesnt.

Mr. Mysterio

Super Genius
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some guides say 2GB and others don't specify. Can anyone gives me a definitive answer?
The SD card must be formatted with FAT16, which only supports device capacities of 2GB or less. However, utilizing my software, you can format any SD, SDHC, or SDXC card correctly for all vWii exploits. If you are deciding what to purchase, you should choose a 2GB SD card because it has a slightly higher probability of success. However, if you already posses an SD card larger than 2GB, and you wish to know if you must purchase another, then try using my software first. You should only purchase a 2GB SD card if my software fails to allow the exploit to succeed. If this case occurs, please post the exact details of the failure so we can deduce the cause. (The problem may not lie with SD card, but instead with incorrect installation and/or operation of the exploit.)

PS: For the "Smash Stack" exploit, the SD card can be formatted with FAT32 and can be larger than 2GB.

Mr. Mysterio

Super Genius
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had a 8GB SDHC card and using the software it went to a 2GB FAT12. So I can pretty much use any of the working games now?

Yes, it should now work with all vWii exploits.

PS: You meant FAT16, not FAT12. FAT12 is an antiquated file system designed specifically for floppy disks with a maximum drive capacity of 16MB.

Mike_Tha_Hero

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, it should now work with all vWii exploits.

PS: You meant FAT16, not FAT12. FAT12 is an antiquated file system designed specifically for floppy disks with a maximum drive capacity of 16MB.
Thanks, even though it was SDHC I shouldn't have a problem?

The LEGO Batman exploit specifies that it can't be SDHC http://wiiubrew.org/wiki/Bathaxx

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Look at you holding tiny things