Hacking So now IOSU is basically confirmed to come out soon...

Status
Not open for further replies.

CJB100

Programmer, Media Producer, Hardware Repair
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question. With the IOSU, will we be able to run super smash bros for wii u 1080p native? right now it runs using 720p upscaled, so will we be able to change that with the iosu exploit?

Translation: is IOSU black magic??! :O

Short answer: no. If Nintendo can't program their own game to do true 1080p, what in blue blazes makes you think reverse engineers and hackers can?

Reactions: cmdwedge

Rizzorules

"What are you doing?" "Something unexpected."
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Do you think that once this is released nintendont will beported to wiiu mode? Just imagine playing gamecube games in wiius gamepad that would be awesome

Reactions: CJB100

CJB100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you think that once this is released nintendont will beported to wiiu mode? Just imagine playing gamecube games in wiius gamepad that would be awesome

I would say most likely, as its currently the most demanded feature besides USB access, but since I most likely won't be involved in any programming for it, and am still a n00b with Wii / Wii U programming, I obviously can't say for sure. Depends on dev interest.

Reactions: Rizzorules

Mr Objection

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
wow is that Skyward Sword? rendered in HD looks so fine.

looks on par with many of the ps3 game graphics.
would be sick if that 'iosu' would make it possible to run the Wii games on the WiiU in FullHD.
I have made this image specialy for you, I put the wii u in order to compare it witht he gamecube and wii
gcwiiwiiu.png

DKB

NO
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The people that are making the "They need to close this thread", "They should move this to EoF", or "This thread is going to cause a flame war" are becoming more fucking annoying than the people making these posts. Shut the fuck up, and report, without posting anything. Stop trying to get your post count up, because I know that's what your asses are trying to do.

inb4 hypocrite comments.

Last edited by DKB,

CJB100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have made this image specialy for you, I put the wii u in order to compare it witht he gamecube and wii
gcwiiwiiu.png

Love nice charts like this. Perfectly explains the issue: hardware, not software (for the most part). Even if we can get Wii emulation on the Wii U, there's no way it'll be fast enough to be largely improved over native backwards compatibility.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

The people that are making the "They need to close this thread", "They should move this to EoF", or "This thread is going to cause a flame war" are becoming more fucking annoying than the people making these posts. Shut the fuck up, and report, without posting anything. Stop trying to get your post count up, because I know that's what your asses are trying to do.

inb4 hypocrite comments.

Ya, ok that's why. Couldn't be that it is getting annoying reporting a new thread every two seconds. Keep your ridiculous conspiracy theories to yourself, anf try actually contributing to this community before complaining.

Reactions: Rizzorules

DKB

NO
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Love nice charts like this. Perfectly explains the issue: hardware, not software (for the most part). Even if we can get Wii emulation on the Wii U, there's no way it'll be fast enough to be largely improved over native backwards compatibility.

Ya, ok that's why. Couldn't be that it is getting annoying reporting a new thread every two seconds. Keep your ridiculous conspiracy theories to yourself, anf try actually contributing to this community before complaining.

???

Reactions: dankzegriefer

Dvdxploitr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm beginning to think they need an approval system for new threads on here...we were told an IOSU exploit was coming LAST CHRISTMAS and it's still not here, yet people are still making threads about it almost 9 months later......so maybe if they require a moderators approval on new threads, the next time we see "IOSU" in a thread is with a download link and setup guide.....not click-bait, not people running dev's names in the ground for not delivering for whatever reason....

darklordrs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's a better question that I.. totally haven't answered elsewhere, cough cough

how long until sending inputs to other consoles' while playing gc/wii games is a thing, a la Dolphin netplay?

we were told an IOSU exploit was coming LAST CHRISTMAS and it's still not here, yet people are still making threads about it almost 9 months later......

wow i wonder if thats because it's a relevant topic now that the devs are intentionally hyping it up for release.....................................

laudern

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I was around Hykem's place yesterday and he said that he and his team are still working on software for the iosu. Right now he has a working wii u loader along with a working gcn/wii loader, obviously all running on the wii u side.

I can't give more details as I shouldn't be giving what I already am. But let's just say September will be a big month.

Reactions: 4gionz

sin is in

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol
even if some one has the iOsu thing
cause an emulator make something doesn't mean the iosu is going to be release.
i play my legal backups on the wii u, for laziness ( don't give a shit about online gaming ), and can't understand someone playing a wii/u game on a computer, unless is for trying hacks, mods or what ever.

to the people that complain about others that have a "premium" hack and not sharing it , you are more than welcome to make your own exploit and let nintendo fix it in minutes , thank you!

7Robins

Bob is watching you.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was around Hykem's place yesterday and he said that he and his team are still working on software for the iosu. Right now he has a working wii u loader along with a working gcn/wii loader, obviously all running on the wii u side.

I can't give more details as I shouldn't be giving what I already am. But let's just say September will be a big month.
I'm not saying that I don't trust you, but how are we expected to believe that?

I'd honestly just prefer if devs stayed silent until a day before or on release day. It's nice now to have confirmation, but that's all we need.

D

Deleted User

orly.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: they be like which lite firefox exe pls