OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.deenextreme.com
XP
Country
Ukraine
Recently, the past week or so I decided to finally make at least one game. Within a week I learned the basics of using Gamemaker and made this game I call "Alien John". You can play its buggy html5 version right here: http://αναλτζών.χψω.xyz/ . You can download the .exe if you want to risk it, because who knows, maybe I just want to datamine all of you idiots!
Everything in the game was made by me, the artwork, music, programming etc. It was a very interesting week project and I don't know if I should work on this further or make something new (like an action based RPG which I always wanted).
If you like the game or if you found some serious bugs or things you'd like to see in this project of mine please feel free to notify me about it.
Hope you enjoy it!
EDIT: Check out the new August 2016 Build here!:

This is the first build if you want to see the progress made:

EDIT: NEW MAY 2016 BUILD VIDEO HERE:

PM ME IF YOU WANT TO TAKE PART IN THE CLOSED BETA (WINDOWS ONLY)

Last edited by AlanJohn,

vassildador

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Not bad at all for a first effort! Especially considering you made it while learning within a week :)
Played it all the way to the end. Levels feel pretty decent design-wise.
I cheesed the last level by standing on the edge of a platform and shooting down, though. A health bar of some sorts for the boss would've probably made a big difference as it gives the player an idea of progression (just some constructive feedback)

AlanJohn

くたばれ
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.deenextreme.com
XP
Country
Ukraine
Not bad at all for a first effort! Especially considering you made it while learning within a week :)
Played it all the way to the end. Levels feel pretty decent design-wise.
I cheesed the last level by standing on the edge of a platform and shooting down, though. A health bar of some sorts for the boss would've probably made a big difference as it gives the player an idea of progression (just some constructive feedback)
Thanks for the feedback!
Added a gameplay video in the OP for people who can't play my game.

Feeling it!

Pure Logical Feels.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Recently, the past week or so I decided to finally make at least one game. Within a week I learned the basics of using Gamemaker and made this game I call "Alien John". You can play its buggy html5 version right here: http://αναλτζών.χψω.xyz/ . You can download the .exe if you want to risk it, because who knows, maybe I just want to datamine all of you idiots!
Everything in the game was made by me, the artwork, music, programming etc. It was a very interesting week project and I don't know if I should work on this further or make something new (like an action based RPG which I always wanted).
If you like the game or if you found some serious bugs or things you'd like to see in this project of mine please feel free to notify me about it.
Hope you enjoy it!

The music is p-funky beats.
The game all and all reminds me of geck......I think I am spelling it right.

Reactions: AlanJohn

petethepug

PUG
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks cool :D.
And is that? Wu wu? Idk what it's called but Stickman/Slogoman :P.

Looks really nice and polished. I found the themes a little confusing though. (First your in the sky, then a cave, then space?) But it looks really cool for your first time.

I find the robots a little silly to :P.

Reactions: AlanJohn

Shubshub

The Shubinator
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
No. Even worse. Because of the words "Game Maker"
Seriously, learn how to program, otherwise I won't take anything you do seriously

also, I'm on the floor laughing at how the video title has his PC's specs in it
Undertale
Risk of Rain
Hotline Miami
Spelunky
Downwell

Don't hate something because of what its made in you won't get anywhere like that

Reactions: nxwing and raulpica

AlanJohn

くたばれ
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.deenextreme.com
XP
Country
Ukraine
I like it. Sexy music btw :P How'd you compose it?
The music is p-funky beats.
Yes I have indeed made all the music by myself in fruity loops. You can check out my soundcloud for more distorted electro beats if you wish.
Honestly, this looks RIDICULOUSLY FUN!!

Can someone (if OP's alright with it, of course...) port it to the 3DS? lol
I am definitely alright with it. But the thing is, game maker doesn't give you an option to export as a 3ds/wiiu game. I will give the source code of the entire game to a real 3ds/wiiu homebrew dev when a stable version of the game is released.
No. Even worse. Because of the words "Game Maker"
Seriously, learn how to program, otherwise I won't take anything you do seriously

also, I'm on the floor laughing at how the video title has his PC's specs in it
Game maker isn't a point-and-click gamemaking machine. Yes it does have visual based command trees and such, but it's shit and writing the code in GML (gamemakers simplified version of C) is recommended. Learning java just to make a simple platformer is stupid.

Reactions: Feeling it!

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I must say that I much preferred the music in the first version. It might've felt a bit more aggressive, but in the second one it's just a tad bit too mild for my taste. That being said, it's fun to see you working on a game :)

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Half of which I've never heard of :)
Then you really need to play them ;) Most of those games are awesomeballs.

Game Maker isn't really a limitation anymore if you're creative enough.

I must say that I much preferred the music in the first version. It might've felt a bit more aggressive, but in the second one it's just a tad bit too mild for my taste.
Same here. Gonna try later and report back.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse