Hacking So i want to import a japanese wii...but...

Narutoball

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So yea..i want to import a japanese wii since i really cna't be bothered to deal with modchips anymore and there are alot of games i want to play. But see i live in europe and out voltage is 240 while japans is 110v...i think. But can anyone give me any information on what type of converter i would need? I mean i know i would need a japanese to EU plug socket changer but i'm guessing i will need something else for the voltage? Does anyone have any information on the problem?

thanks

ricadoe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Can you please kindly what japan games which really attract you to buy a japan wii? Of course, unless you understand japanese and then getting a japan wii is no problem for you. But for me, I've been regretting of getting one because I couldn't understand japanese at all. If you can tell me what games are better off in japanese or only exclusive for japan wii, I might just get hold of those games.

Thanks a lot.

kikuchiyo

大阪に生まれた男
Trophies
Website
coin-battle.com
XP
Country
United States
Can you please kindly what japan games which really attract you to buy a japan wii? Of course, unless you understand japanese and then getting a japan wii is no problem for you. But for me, I've been regretting of getting one because I couldn't understand japanese at all. If you can tell me what games are better off in japanese or only exclusive for japan wii, I might just get hold of those games.

Thanks a lot.

I just really liked this
wink.gif

Sadly, I can't think of one game that I actually want to play and that doesn't require some Japanese language knowledge. Even DQ Swords (which is out in the U.S. now, right?) and the new Chocobo's Dungeon game require some text. The only game I think you could get by on is Mario and you can get that in English anyway.

I am debating on getting a Wii here, but not because of the language - between Oblivion, FFTA-2, and work, I probably don't have time for one.

kikuchiyo

大阪に生まれた男
Trophies
Website
coin-battle.com
XP
Country
United States
I think I might have read that it finally got a release date. In either case, it's not too hard, but a lot of the directions on where to go next are in written or said in Japanese (I was watching a friend play and he just went into the first dungeon or so).

Anyway, a lot of the import games have translations, at least barebones ones (if not better), on gamefaqs, which may be of some help to ricadoe.

ProdigySim

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unless I'm mistaken, you're going to have bigger problems than your power supply. You'd better make sure whatever screen you're hooking your wii up to can take an NTSC signal or the 480p component signal (Which is a form of NTSC anyway, afaik)

Pikachu025

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
^ That's definately the smaller problem, nearly all TVs that exist in Europe (...uhm, why is his flag USA when he clearly stated he's from Europe?) can display 60Hz and NTSC signals perfectly fine.

arctic_flame

GBAtemp ATMEGA8 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Unless I'm mistaken, you're going to have bigger problems than your power supply. You'd better make sure whatever screen you're hooking your wii up to can take an NTSC signal or the 480p component signal (Which is a form of NTSC anyway, afaik)

Only American TVs don't support every type of input. European TVs will spit out most signals.

Narutoball

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, thanks for all the replies. Also i import japanese games for other systems very often and do have a good knowledge of japanese.

Thanks for everyones input. it is greatly appreciated.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr