Hacking so I just bought 3DS XL and kinda disappointed

eriol33

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
because it is still not hacked and cannot use homebrew. do you think I should buy another nintendo DS? I like to use nintendo DS as retro video game emulator.

RikuCrafter

Trophies
XP
Country
It's a wonderful console. Are you really complaining that you can only use it for what it's intended for?

How did you not research something like this?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
because it is still not hacked and cannot use homebrew. do you think I should buy another nintendo DS? I like to use nintendo DS as retro video game emulator.
1. The 3DS is hacked. Check out Gateway 3DS.
2. Technically, there is homebrew. Look here: http://gbatemp.net/threads/merry-christmas-have-some-ram-dumping.359697/ . More homebrew will come in the future.
3. There are plenty of DS-mode flashcarts for the 3DS that let you run DS games and DS homebrew and emulators just like on a regular DS so there is nothing you can do on a DS that can't be done on a 3DS apart from running things from slot-2.

Reactions: eriol33

eriol33

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have bought gateway and can play 3DS roms, however I just bought it because I will move to other NZ region (whose game is ridiculously expensive) with my US/Asia 3DS XL. DS games look more interesting at the moment.

the reason I bought a handheld is because I want to explore the homebrews since I don't play games so much during my younger days (just like I did with my pspgo) and see how far they can extend the handheld capabilities. anyway, thanks for the recommendation, I will look up for DStwo (have bought r4 for 10 bucks, wish I asked this before purchasing)

Acidflare

HomeBrew Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
jailbreak the iphone if it's on ios 6.1.2 if not your SOL then install bootlace through cydia, Install openiboot, open OpeniBoot hit iDroid in the bottom right corner install wait reboot idevice, reopen OpeniBoot go to the QuickBoot tap android and wait for your iDroid to boot if your battery is low make sure to have your device plugged in.

here is a link to the page I got the instructions from http://lifehacker.com/5693309/how-to-install-android-on-an-iphone-in-six-easy-steps

pwsincd

Garage Flower
Developer
Trophies
XP
I have bought gateway and can play 3DS roms, however I just bought it because I will move to other NZ region (whose game is ridiculously expensive) with my US/Asia 3DS XL. DS games look more interesting at the moment.

the reason I bought a handheld is because I want to explore the homebrews since I don't play games so much during my younger days (just like I did with my pspgo) and see how far they can extend the handheld capabilities. anyway, thanks for the recommendation, I will look up for DStwo (have bought r4 for 10 bucks, wish I asked this before purchasing)

theres a thread around these parts , demo'ing the use of the blue gateway card to play DS roms , if you have a Gateway then look into this before buying another cart.

Acidflare

HomeBrew Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
eriol33 an r4 is only good for nds games not 3ds games unless you get the R4i Gold Deluxe kit which comes with a NDS mode Flash cart and a 3DS mode Flash Cart, but the DStwo does have a CPU used for gba/snes games which is not present in R4i Gold non deluxe kit

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: The mutated Axolotl was awesome