Hacking so how far are we into ps4 hacking?

Sketchy1

gbatemp's shadiest warez dealer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im not asking to hack a ps4, nor complaining that something isnt done, rushing anyone. Etc.
Im just curious as to where we are, as im completley blank in that department :P

so what can currently be done on a ps4? And does such work on any FW or is it only "exploitable" ones? both console editions hackable?

Last edited by Sketchy1,
Reactions: Hyoretsu

Pablo Giambelluca

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Both console editions hackable... there is an exploit for <4.05 firmware but its not public and it'll probably never be until its too late to be of any use to anyone. There are people out there who have their console hacked and show off on the internet but don't release the exploit because of 'drama' or 'legal issues' so I wouldn't hold my breath for any kind of release. They like to tease a lot too with things like 'if I were you I wouldn't update past x.xx firmware' but they never release anything so I don't advise to wait unless you have two ps4's and don't mind keeping one on a low firmware. After an exploit is released there probably will be 3 to 6 months of development for a loader with probably lots more 'drama' and 'legal issues' that could make it easily a year long wait. Currently exploited PS4 only run linux and some emulators, there has not been a demonstration of an iso loader/pkg installer but they are rumored to exist.

Sketchy1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Both console editions hackable... there is an exploit for <4.05 firmware but its not public and it'll probably never be until its too late to be of any use to anyone. There are people out there who have their console hacked and show off on the internet but don't release the exploit because of 'drama' or 'legal issues' so I wouldn't hold my breath for any kind of release. They like to tease a lot too with things like 'if I were you I wouldn't update past x.xx firmware' but they never release anything so I don't advise to wait unless you have two ps4's and don't mind keeping one on a low firmware. After an exploit is released there probably will be 3 to 6 months of development for a loader with probably lots more 'drama' and 'legal issues' that could make it easily a year long wait. Currently exploited PS4 only run linux and some emulators, there has not been a demonstration of an iso loader/pkg installer but they are rumored to exist.
Lmao when all they do is tease all day but never make releases. Video editing?

atomsk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Basically you must be at 1.76. No webkit exploits have been released past that firmware. It can boot linux, filemanager, etc. In the Linux distro there has been great development of drivers and features such as 3D, retro-emulators, etc.

Urbanshadow

Trophies
XP
Country
As it turns out, 1.76 users that also own a 1.76 devkit can clone a game between the systems (with trophies working). That's not really backup loading, but it's hella close.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im not asking to hack a ps4, nor complaining that something isnt done, rushing anyone. Etc.
Im just curious as to where we are, as im completley blank in that department :P

so what can currently be done on a ps4? And does such work on any FW or is it only "exploitable" ones? both console editions hackable?

You can google it. psxhax ? Heard of it ? Trustworthy and I read their news all the time since ps3 jailbreak they announced a long time ago. Awesome site, really. :)

Sketchy1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As it turns out, 1.76 users that also own a 1.76 devkit can clone a game between the systems (with trophies working). That's not really backup loading, but it's hella close.
Well it is only like 4% off. Backup loading is just that: copy from one console, install to another. Only problem is, there are no sites to host said backups :ha: and it requires someone to buy it first......
Advanced game sharing?

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Well it is only like 4% off. Backup loading is just that: copy from one console, install to another. Only problem is, there are no sites to host said backups :ha: and it requires someone to buy it first......
Advanced game sharing?

well to be fair all backups are brought some how.

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
It all depends how patient you are. My PS4 is sitting here on 4.05 waiting for a exploit, but I also have an Xbox One and PC so the PS4 isn't essential. For people who rely on their PS4 as their primary gaming device, it might be harder to justify keeping it on an older firmware on the off-chance that an exploit appears.

I'll probably hold out until Kingdom Hearts 3 is released.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM