so how far are we into ps4 hacking?

Discussion in 'PS4 - Hacking & Homebrew' started by Sketchy1, Jan 4, 2017.

1. Sketchy1
    OP

Sketchy1 gbatemp's shadiest warez dealer

Aug 9, 2016
    United States
    Im not asking to hack a ps4, nor complaining that something isnt done, rushing anyone. Etc.
    Im just curious as to where we are, as im completley blank in that department :P

so what can currently be done on a ps4? And does such work on any FW or is it only "exploitable" ones? both console editions hackable?

Last edited by Sketchy1, Jan 4, 2017
    Hyoretsu likes this.
  2. Pablo Giambelluca

Pablo Giambelluca Member

Newcomer
    Feb 8, 2014
    Argentina
    Both console editions hackable... there is an exploit for <4.05 firmware but its not public and it'll probably never be until its too late to be of any use to anyone. There are people out there who have their console hacked and show off on the internet but don't release the exploit because of 'drama' or 'legal issues' so I wouldn't hold my breath for any kind of release. They like to tease a lot too with things like 'if I were you I wouldn't update past x.xx firmware' but they never release anything so I don't advise to wait unless you have two ps4's and don't mind keeping one on a low firmware. After an exploit is released there probably will be 3 to 6 months of development for a loader with probably lots more 'drama' and 'legal issues' that could make it easily a year long wait. Currently exploited PS4 only run linux and some emulators, there has not been a demonstration of an iso loader/pkg installer but they are rumored to exist.

3. Sketchy1
    OP

Aug 9, 2016
    United States
    Lmao when all they do is tease all day but never make releases. Video editing?

4. WiiUBricker

WiiUBricker Insert Custom Title

Sep 19, 2009
    Argentina
    Espresso
    Watch this. You may then not know how far "we" are, but you will know how far "they" are :P

5. TheOneWhoKnocks

TheOneWhoKnocks Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 30, 2016
    i know you can run linux on it

6. atomsk

atomsk Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 24, 2013
    Australia
    Basically you must be at 1.76. No webkit exploits have been released past that firmware. It can boot linux, filemanager, etc. In the Linux distro there has been great development of drivers and features such as 3D, retro-emulators, etc.

7. Urbanshadow

Urbanshadow GBAtemp Maniac

Oct 16, 2015
    As it turns out, 1.76 users that also own a 1.76 devkit can clone a game between the systems (with trophies working). That's not really backup loading, but it's hella close.

8. azoreseuropa

azoreseuropa GBAtemp Guru

Nov 6, 2002
    Portugal
    Proud to be Portuguese but I am in USA.
    You can google it. psxhax ? Heard of it ? Trustworthy and I read their news all the time since ps3 jailbreak they announced a long time ago. Awesome site, really. :)

9. Sketchy1
    OP

Aug 9, 2016
    United States
    Well it is only like 4% off. Backup loading is just that: copy from one console, install to another. Only problem is, there are no sites to host said backups :ha: and it requires someone to buy it first......
    Advanced game sharing?

10. Flame

Flame Me > You

Jul 15, 2008
    well to be fair all backups are brought some how.

11. Sketchy1
    OP

Aug 9, 2016
    United States
    *mind gets blown from sudden realization* :blink:

12. sj33

sj33 GBAtemp Addict

Oct 22, 2013
    Japan
    It all depends how patient you are. My PS4 is sitting here on 4.05 waiting for a exploit, but I also have an Xbox One and PC so the PS4 isn't essential. For people who rely on their PS4 as their primary gaming device, it might be harder to justify keeping it on an older firmware on the off-chance that an exploit appears.

I'll probably hold out until Kingdom Hearts 3 is released.