slingblade1170

Trophies
Website
xtremehack.net
XP
Country
United States
nope. not even close.

China, NoKorea, Iran, etc. could put up a stubborn resistance in their own backyard if invaded, but none of them really have the ability to travel anywhere else in the world and engage a foreign power (maybe in a supportive role as part of a coalition, but not as the primary actor). Russia has shown it can carry on a half-ass fight in Ukraine and the Middle East, but afaik they don't have globally mobile capability like the US military.

I'm not really worried about China in this current situation, anyway. I think they know NoKorea is a problem that needs to be resolved - they just want to get something in trade out of it.
This is true.

War with nukes is terrifying because in 2017 there wouldn't be winner just a massive amount of death and planet destruction. The U.S had so much military power that any other countries defense is nuclear weapons and that's scary but unlikely to happen.

Reactions: Deleted User

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
So? America has the best clubs, no one will win that but us.

First try to emerge from your nuclear wasteland cause I'm pretty sure American would nuke itself if it has to.

well the real issue with the cops is the militarization of the police as seen in Missouri for example.

Well arguably it was not an empire until the Spanish-American war...

Fire Arm ownership is a prima facie right

I wouldn't be surprised.
Cops these days got so much shit to handle, every growing thread of religious fucktards planting a bomb...

Declaration of Independence was signed in 1776 afaik.
They waged a war against the Brits and hence America was born.

If someone burgles your house, you could also whack them with a cricket bat.
No need to immediately pull out a gun.
I know I will smash their face in with a bat if they tried to burgle me.

I guess that's just something I'd never understand.

RevPokemon

GBATemp's 3rd Favorite Transgirl
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wouldn't be surprised.
Cops these days got so much shit to handle, every growing thread of religious fucktards planting a bomb...
meh, in america nowadays those cases get no attention while some minority walking across the street will warrant police to pay extra attention..

Declaration of Independence was signed in 1776 afaik.
They waged a war against the Brits and hence America was born
True but in some sense it was not so much an empire war like Korea but you are very correct in the "born from violence" thing

If someone burgles your house, you could also whack them with a cricket bat.
No need to immediately pull out a gun.
I know I will smash their face in with a bat if they tried to burgle me.

I guess that's just something I'd never understand.
Welp, I am not a gun nut and likewise I probably would use a bat or some object which I could "call back" so to speak but still the topic of firearms are very important to me...

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
meh, in america nowadays those cases get no attention while some minority walking across the street will warrant police to pay extra attention..

True but in some sense it was not so much an empire war like Korea but you are very correct in the "born from violence" thing

Welp, I am not a gun nut and likewise I probably would use a bat or some object which I could "call back" so to speak but still the topic of firearms are very important to me...

German police is forced to shoot at your tires if you're driving on a set of summer tires in the winter on the Autobahn if you get pulled over.
It's a bit drastic in me opinion but eh, can't question their book.

Hitting someone out with a bat is something that 99% will recover from.
Shooting the burglar in the face or vital part has a slim chance of survival.
I personally can't see the justification in taking someones live over protecting a few inanimate objects.

It's probably just me not being a US citizen ;p

Mr. Wizard

Ending the spread of bullshit one thread at a time
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Bring on WWIII!

Video games evolved from the technology of WWII.

Imagine what we could be playing in 15 years from WWIII technology! :D

Holodecks yo!

giphy.gif

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Bring on WWIII!

Video games evolved from the technology of WWII.

Imagine what we could be playing in 15 years from WWIII technology! :D

Holodecks yo!

giphy.gif

after World war 3 we will play with sticks and stones at best.

Last edited by Flame,

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't underestimate fanaticism.
Americans thought they could march into Berlin by Christmas '44 but where pushed back from Holland, where they got obliterated to the Ardennes forest where they sat out most part of the winter.

You're missing the point. The only way the US Army got pushed back in Holland is because the US Army was IN HOLLAND, on the other side of the ocean from their home, fighting Germany in their own backyard. There's no way Germany then, or China now (or NoKorea, heh) could take the fight to the USA. The only way any potential enemy of the USA even gets a whack at the US Military is if the USA puts boots on the ground in their country. Meanwhile the USA itself, including the other 75% of its military stationed worldwide, remains untouched. Excluding nuke strikes, having trouble with the enemies' 'home field advantage' is the worst case scenario for the US for the foreseeable future.

Reactions: RevPokemon

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Well that's not very imaginative, I think I could create a holodeck program with better weapons than that...

After the entire world has become a radioactive wasteland!?
I doubt people will indulge in "holodeck pass time" any time soon.

You're missing the point. The only way the US Army got pushed back in Holland is because the US Army was IN HOLLAND, on the other side of the ocean from their home, fighting Germany in their own backyard. There's no way Germany then, or China now (or NoKorea, heh) could take the fight to the USA. The only way any potential enemy of the USA even gets a whack at the US Military is if the USA puts boots on the ground in their country. Meanwhile the USA itself, including the other 75% of its military stationed worldwide, remains untouched. Excluding nuke strikes, having trouble with the enemies' 'home field advantage' is the worst case scenario for the US for the foreseeable future.

They vastly underestimated the terrain.
It's not a case of being on foreign ground.

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They vastly underestimated the terrain.
It's not a case of being on foreign ground.

Still missing the point. You said China and NoKorea could "obliterate the USA" because they have over a billion people. I'm saying they're welcome to start sailing those billion people across the Pacific to give it a try.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Still missing the point. You said China and NoKorea could "obliterate the USA" because they have over a billion people. I'm saying they're welcome to start sailing those billion people across the Pacific to give it a try.

They'd do the same as the Soviet Union.
Pummel the US by constantly sending men to it.

D

Deleted User

America.
I couldn't care less, really. It makes stereotypes like "America is overfilled with idiots and brain-less morons" come true.
But eh, Korea doesn't give a single F about USA. So why even try.

Reactions: slaphappygamer

Mr. Wizard

Ending the spread of bullshit one thread at a time
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
After the entire world has become a radioactive wasteland!?
I doubt people will indulge in "holodeck pass time" any time soon.
I guess you never got selected to populate the new civilization. Bummer.

Korea is incapable of "nuking the world" and Mr. Putin isn't that stupid, they will localize any damage to the sanctioned battlefield.

A hail mary (Wargames c.1983) type volley is highly unlikely even if we do go to war.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: butt