Homebrew So Dolphin is actually emulating Wii's virtual console which actually emulates retro games, right?

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you under the belief that because Nintendo made an emulator (Virtual Console) it is superior to any other ones ever made? I wonder how these misconceptions are made. Even their NES Classic is flawed.

D

Deleted User

What if you have an ESXi host, with a Windows 10 VM, running Bluestacks, running Dolphin, running an NES emulator injected into a GBA VC title, through Virtual Console. Mind:Blown
Funny, but BlueStacks doesn't support opengl es 3.0. I'm not sure if any Android emulator does, actually.

KevinLSX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does running it this way play better? Ive tried playing zelda ocarina of time off a wad in dolphin and it played horribly.

ned

Trophies
XP
Country
Funny, but BlueStacks doesn't support opengl es 3.0. I'm not sure if any Android emulator does, actually.

Have you tried any of the Android x86/x64 based OS's that run like a normal OS instead of VM's like Bluestacks, Andy, DuOS, Leapdroid, they runner alot quicker and use the full ram of your system instead of being limited to what you allow in the VM, not mention your OS is already wasting ram and cpu in the background.

ConsoleOS - supposively has 3.0 support.
Remix OS
Phoenix OS

Does dolphin allow you to bypass the controller type needed for games like punch-out?

HeavyMetalLoser

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Playing Virtual Console games in Dolphin sounds kinds pointless and inefficient. Wouldn't it be easier to just use an actual NES/SNES/N64/whatever emulator instead? You'd get much better performance with more features. Running an emulator inside another emulator sounds very system-taxing.

Reactions: Jacklack3

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    The craze must've had died down by then.
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    I'm much more on the killing floor :x
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Imagine that every Pokemon game is the exact same but with slight tweaks.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @DinohScene, I'm not much of a gaymer, more-so a creator.
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    @SylverReZ Syl my beloved :bow: gm
    +1
    It is friday
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Last time I played a game was hmmm... can't exactly recall. :wacko:
    I can't believe you got me with that
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I haven't been gaming for such a long time. Been mostly busy with sleep, hardware tinkering and checking GBAtemp frequently.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hope you've had a good morning.
    It's going alright thanks :) I know what you mean with gaming time. It's precious where I can get it these days.
    +1
    I think that's why I focus on just enjoying single player experiences that aren't too competitive
    How are you doing?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    There's also this thing where I'm hyperfocused at night and cannot get to sleep.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha