Hacking So close to installing vwii HBC without a wiimote once.

bdren1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
(this is a post i made on reddit but it didnt seem to get any love so thought id post it on here)

https://github.com/FlimFlam69/WiiUTutorial/wiki/7:-vWii-Modding#wuphax

https://gbatemp.net/threads/hbl2hbc-v1-1-boot-from-wiiu-hbl-into-vwii-hbc.455673/

With these two we can almost get into Nintendont or other homebrew apps on the Vwii without needing a wiimote once but there are a few things keeping us from doing so.

#1 you can use HBL2HBC to boot into the mii channel but without a wiimote we cant press 1 as stated on step 10 of WUPhax to install HBC.

#2. Without a wiimote you cant use the HBC menu which means all this is really for nothing since you cant launch into nintendont or etc.

#3. I have looked around places and some people say you can use the GC controller in the HBC with a custom HBC but i cannot seem to find this and the information is very limited.

It seems we can get through problem 1 by having a custom HackMii Installer that would automatically install the homebrew channel but we will still be stuck on trying to get into our homebrew apps. Im not smart when it comes to coding but if we could make it so the HBC would auto boot into a Homebrew app that allowed usb controller support and could allow us to redirect to other homebrew apps would be the only thing i could think of but i dont know if it is possible as i do not have the knowledge on making it or if it is possible.

Another possiblity is to make forwarders on the Vwii to launch our favorite homebrews and use HBL2HBC but the problem still stands as we would need a wiimote to set that up.

Just thought id throw this out there to see if someone could figure out a way or at least point people into the right direction.

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
*Speculation*, untested and probably counterproductive given the failed attempts at repairing IOS80 this way

Ask someone who can use Vwii to install a trucha, identify, etc patched nonimportant IOS with its same number
Have him dump the raw IOS files from nand
Put them on yours with ftpiiu
Use wuphax to inject forwarder into mii channel
Use a wad installer as boot.elf
Select said patched IOS
Install hbc2016.elf

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.