Hacking So appaerntly Amazon has a super cluster you can rent out?

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Again a "gbafail discussion" from these guys

CODEÂÂ oh god... gbafail now found out that "amazon has a supercluster they are renting out" and is pondering bruteforcing "teh key" on it
ÂÂÂÂ lol'd
ÂÂÂÂ :wtf:
ÂÂÂÂ please tell me you're not serious
ÂÂ http://gbatemp.net/t286477-so-appaerntly-amazon-has-a-super-cluster-you-can-rent-out
ÂÂÂÂ ouch
ÂÂ that doesn't even begin to describe it...
ÂÂÂÂ yeah :/
ÂÂÂÂit can pump out over 9000 gigaderps per second!
ÂÂÂÂ that's just ... :-(
ÂÂÂÂ"If you could get 10k+ PCs I doubt the encryption would matter much anymore." hehe
ÂÂÂÂcostis didn't you say something like all the PCs and FPGAs in the world would have trouble bruteforcing rsa 4k?
ÂÂÂÂ yes..
ÂÂÂÂ 10k $ worth of pcs(!) won't even be able to bruteforce the old 56bit DES :-P
ÂÂÂÂit's a big enough number for google's calculator to not bother with it :P
ÂÂÂÂ you already need fpgas or some gpus there
ÂÂÂÂ but anyway, bruteforcing anything related to the 3ds crypto isn't going to work. just forget about it.

doyama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well the fail is well warranted regrettably. I'm not sure why this topic of 'brute forcing' the encryption constantly comes up. It's not practical by any stretch of the imagination. Also they key doesn't actually give you what most people are thinking about when they say 'we have the key' which is a way to run unsigned code. They seem to think that the key gives them some kind of magical access.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Or Genesis.