So after a month, how much BoTW do you play?

Discussion in 'Switch - Games & Content' started by alexj9626, Apr 7, 2017.

1. Gamefreakjf11

Gamefreakjf11 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 12, 2009
    United States

What is this question even? Its not a fuckin mmo, it can't be "dead". The reviews are fantastic so clearly people enjoyed it whether or not they still play it. I finished it after 105 hours and it was a blast. But I'm not gonna force myself to play it until i'm sick and start hating it.

2. s157

s157 Grinder Extraordinaire

Sep 23, 2016
    United States
    Calm down. People have put hundreds, if not thousands of hours into singleplayer games like witcher, fallout, and skyrim. OP was just wondering if you could do the same with BotW.

alexj9626 likes this.
  3. CheatingSoi

CheatingSoi Graphic Designer

Apr 4, 2007
    United States
    Wisconsin
    Yeah I hit 110 hours after about 2 or 3 weeks. The entire time I was asbultley loving it and then bam. 109 hours rolled over and I instantly was over the game. Mostly because I had completed most of the content. It was well worth it. Not many games can hold my interest for that long. I look forward to the DLC.

4. Gamefreakjf11

Gamefreakjf11 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 12, 2009
    United States
    Oh yeah I forgot I'm not allowed to curse on a public forum without people thinking I'm ragingly angry

You can get thousands of hours out of literally any game if you love it enough, but other people will put far less hours in at the same time. It depends on the person. If you previously put thousands of hours into other open world games then maybe but no one can tell you whether or not you will. Either way in my opinion you should only at most expect an hour per dollar spent on a game. I got 105 hours out of botw and I'm pleasantly surprised how much I got out of $60. But I won't force myself to play it after putting so much time into it. And again, single player games can't be dead, that doesn't make sense. You play it and enjoy it independent of other people.

5. WiiUBricker

WiiUBricker Insert Custom Title

Sep 19, 2009
    Argentina
    Espresso
    Where do you see the total amount of hours played? Don't tell me I have to add all daily hours played together..

6. ov3rkill

ov3rkill GBAtemp Maniac

May 10, 2009
    Australia
    in a cardboard box
    You have to add all daily hours played together.

Zense likes this.
  7. WiiUBricker

WiiUBricker Insert Custom Title

Sep 19, 2009
    Argentina
    Espresso
    I told you to not tell me that :angry:

Zense likes this.
  8. s157

Sep 23, 2016
    United States
    Sigh. I wasn't calling out your anger base on your usage of the word "fucking".

This has been answered if you read the thread. OP even says it himself if BotW is worth playing for months.

OP knows how good of a game this is. Not once did he question how it was reviewed.

OP isn't asking if anyone is forcing themselves. He wanted to know if they're still playing it even now.

You most likely did not read through the entire thread if you posted this response, and the tone that it bears appears to be that of indignant anger. The use of "fucking" only was icing on the cake.

alexj9626 likes this.
  9. Supster131

Supster131 (づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ *:・゚✧

Jan 19, 2016
    United States
    My Computer
    My Switch claims I've played the game for ~40 hours, but it felt much less than that.
    I was honestly expecting *much* more from BOTW than I what I got.
    Hell, I think I spent more time playing Twilight Princess (HD) than BOTW.

Anyways, I've only done about 12.57% of the stuff in game, but I already got the true ending. There isn't really much of a reason for me to continue playing. I probably won't really touch the game again until the Summer if not Winter for the Story DLC.

10. s157

Sep 23, 2016
    United States
    Your switch can tell you how many hours you put into a game. Or a rough approximation at least, as I have exactly 110 hours played, which doesn't seem right. Check your play activity in your profile.

11. gundamu

gundamu GBAtemp Regular

Apr 28, 2016
    Canada
    60hrs and i got burnt out.

i can't believe some people managed to waste 100+ hrs on this lol.

12. SuongTu

SuongTu Member

Newcomer
    Nov 23, 2011
    well im back at the grind after beating the ganon twice LOL.. now finding those pesky koroks.... 658 and counting....

13. ut2k4master

ut2k4master Lord Tourettes

Feb 20, 2010
    Germany
    at this point just wait for the korok mask? :P

14. smileyhead

smileyhead I am DEFINITELY a madman with a box.

Aug 31, 2015
    Hungary
    Hungary
    Necrobump

15. Jiehfeng

Jiehfeng Wu-Wei

Aug 15, 2012
    United States
    Finding that out myself.
    That's no necrobump, just a bump.

16. SuongTu

SuongTu Member

Newcomer
    Nov 23, 2011
    true... but the adventurous types doesnt need a mask

17. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Guru

May 11, 2008
    United States
    I wish I had waited for the mask instead of getting all of the Korok seeds in March.

18. whateverg1012

whateverg1012 Fringe Weaver

Sep 23, 2016
    United States
    Valhalla
    You're doing it without a guide? Didn't think that was possible. I hate using guides cause it ruins the game for me so I've just come to terms that I'll never get all the korok seeds.

SonyNintendoGamer1 likes this.
  19. SuongTu

SuongTu Member

Newcomer
    Nov 23, 2011
    nothing is impossible haha

20. Futurdreamz

Futurdreamz GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jun 15, 2014
    Canada
    It's really tricky finding korok seeds and using a guide steals away the joy of discovery (it was so cool when I found the snowbird). I finished the game on my Wii U and am starting a run on my Switch, but I've been putting around until the dlc arrives.