Gaming So after a month, how much BoTW do you play?

Jiehfeng

The One
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Sri Lanka
Played for almost exactly a month, Switch say's I've played for over a hundred hours (it's a shame there's no Activity Log). I got bored towards the end but just lazily running around places made me find new locations and new situations I had to adapt to and it got fun again. I also farmed for amiibo during the last few days. Now LEGO City Undercover is the game I'm playing on the Switch, I'm not sure if I'll go back to BoTW any time soon, I'll most likely buy the DLC though.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
The Switch seems to have stripped back a lot of good features of the 3DS --- no Activity Log, Mii Plaza, Streetpass, Swap Doodle ... :-(

If in the far future anyone manages to emulate Switch on a tablet - there'd be no reason to own a Switch. 3DS consoles are at least fun to own even if you never buy a game on them.

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The Switch seems to have stripped back a lot of good features of the 3DS --- no Activity Log, Mii Plaza, Streetpass, Swap Doodle ... :-(

If in the far future anyone manages to emulate Switch on a tablet - there'd be no reason to own a Switch. 3DS consoles are at least fun to own even if you never buy a game on them.
All the features you mention I think I have mabye used once or twice in the 4 years I have owned a 3ds so for me the fact they are missing from the switch is no great loss lol.

LichbannMejolaro

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
The best thing about BOTW is that I bought a WiiU to play it and it turned out that I loved that console more than I should have.

The Off-TV feature (which I didn't know about before buying) is simply amazing, and with the amount of good 1st party games on the system (along with a great selection of indies) makes me play it a lot.

Hell, even Super Metroid, a game that I haven't played since the early 2000's was one that I got and played like crazy until I finished.

rizzod

Not a New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
I'd love to say that I'm still playing it, but I'm not. I finished the game now, and am stuck back in Gaming limbo again... I'm grinding through Persona 5, enjoying it... but it's just filler.
I think we're seriously about to hit one of the biggest gaming dry spells in years after E3.

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I generally get an hour or two in close to every day. Of course I beat the main quest long ago. But its just such a fun world that it really is driving me to be a completionist.

flame1234

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
S

Saiyan Lusitano

For the OP, don't buy a Switch just to play BotW that'd be a waste of money 'cause once you're finished/bored with the game you're left looking for other games to play. Luckily, this month we'll have Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Puyo Puyo and so on out on retail so those games will finally make great use of the Switch.

I'll probably play MK8D the hell out of it like I did on the WiiU but on the Switch it'll be even more because of all the DLC content pre-included (loved the stages), new characters and the proper Battle Mode stages. Sucks about the online subscription but hopefully Nintendo will rethink about it and include free monthly games with it (so far it's been known that they'll include rentals for each month).

Reactions: alexj9626

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I guess this question is for the game itself, and not for switch version only?

I'm playing it 4-5h per session, 1 or 2 times a week.

I'm at 40H, still at the 3rd map ! (second town, just got the camera feature).
some people completed the game at that play time, but I like exploring and taking my time, looking everywhere and talking to everyone, and looking at the scenery etc. etc.

I'm at 17 shrines, 58 71 seeds. after 45H still covering 3rd map

So far I like it, and find it beautiful.
I just walk randomly, never looked at a guide, and don't try to follow the story right away. I'm still enjoying playing it, and know I'll stop playing if I complete the story so I do all the side quests first. I did almost all the 3rd map, I'll start advancing in the story to the next map now.

Last edited by Cyan,

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia

some people completed the game at that play time, but I like exploring and taking my time, looking everywhere and talking to everyone, and looking at the scenery etc. etc.

I'm at 17 shrines, 58 seeds.

I just walk randomly, never looked at a guide, and don't try to follow the story right away. I'm still enjoying playing it, and know I'll stop playing if I complete the story so I do all the side quests first. I did almost all the 3rd map, I'll start advancing in the story to the next map now.
That sounds like a good way to play. You can only play a game for the first time once! When I played OoT for the first time (on the N64) I had recently discovered the internet and I printed off guides at school. Partway through the game I realised hang on - maybe I shouldn't be doing this - and I'm glad I did think that (even if the water temple took me over a month because it was so hard to figure out and dad kept switching the console off when it was news time so I had to start over again like 20 times). But I hate how much of that precious experience I ruined for myself. BotW will probably be one of those games you look back at fondly for many years, so the less rushing the better.

Reactions: Cyan

rwn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I sort of wished I had taken my time instead of binging on the game. There just isn't enough to the game to offer nearly unlimited play time like skyrim. I'm really hoping for a huge content dlc for this game because it is possible for them to breath life into breath of the wild again. Just need to add new mechanics

tatumanu

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Ive finished it (defeat Ganon) at around 200 hours after doing all 120 shrines, almost all side quests and 200+ korok seeds, Hyrule Castle + Ganon was too easy and underwhelming after doing almost everything in game, but it was amazing anyway! I still play it trying to get all costumes upgraded korok seed hunting and messing around, but i'm pretty much done until the DLC comes.

Im at 220 hours in, i'm dying for the hard mode DLC...

Last edited by tatumanu,

Bonestorm

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I haven't actually touched it in about a week... The game got absurdly repetitive quickly
Not everyone has taste.
The game has been out for a month now. Is it dead? I mean, you guys played it like crazy for the first days and after 100+ hours, what happened? Are you still playing it a lot? Did it get boring?

Im buying the game next week, and i think i wont get any other game in like a month (Mario Kart 8 i think). Would it be enough?
How can a single player game "die"

alexj9626

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Panama
For the OP, don't buy a Switch just to play BotW that'd be a waste of money 'cause once you're finished/bored with the game you're left looking for other games to play. Luckily, this month we'll have Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Puyo Puyo and so on out on retail so those games will finally make great use of the Switch.

I'll probably play MK8D the hell out of it like I did on the WiiU but on the Switch it'll be even more because of all the DLC content pre-included (loved the stages), new characters and the proper Battle Mode stages. Sucks about the online subscription but hopefully Nintendo will rethink about it and include free monthly games with it (so far it's been known that they'll include rentals for each month).

Im definitely not buying the Switch just for BoTW, but i also want to play that game. MK8D looks awesome, Xenoblade, maybe a Pokemon game... The switch is worth it.

I'm at 17 shrines, 58 seeds.

Im avoiding spoilers, guides and that stuff. I just want to play the game knowing anything.

Last edited by alexj9626,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: i think im a bad person