Gaming So, about that Kid Icarus: Uprising Multiplayer...

megavoltaic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For those of you who haven't seen the video yet:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WS979_KdPl0 (I don't know how to embed) (Oh, like that, lol)

Now, I've been playing a lot of multiplayer games in my lifetime and wanted to give my own personal pros and cons on how the multi-player is executed

Pros

1. The Light vs. Dark Mode

This is a very interesting mode, probably made make the multiplayer unique from other third-person shooters. It works like your normal team deathmatch, but adds a health bar for each team, rather than have it be a 'this many kills to win' ordeal. Additionally, the fact that when the meter depletes, an angel is spawned, adds more excitement to the mode. Depending on who becomes the angel, it can be a great comeback for your team, or a tragic los. Elements like these help to balance the game and not make it seem like the game is determined in the first 2 minutes.

2. The Health Bars (Team)

This makes the game extremely balanced and completely eliminates the hatred of OP weaponry. Depending on the value and strength of the weapon you hold, dying with a weapon depletes your team's health. The more broken your weapon is, the more damage you may end up doing to yourself and your team if you die. This now leaves the player with two options: Do I use a weak weapon, probably not get a lot of kills, and not hurt my team too much, or do I pick up a strong weapon, get ls of kills, but risk hurting my team greatly if I die? This is going to make a lot of newbies with good weapons think twice before simply choosing the strongest weapon the have

3. Skills

Now, I'm still a little clueless on how skills are obtained and used, but they can be used to sway a match in your favor.. Skills that were shown in the video, like Darkness, Super Speed, and Transparency are all great little modifiers. Hopefully, they can't be spammed too much.

4. Weaponry

THERE ARE SO MANY WEAPONS!!!!! If you watch the weapons showcase video (Too lazy to link), There are about 8 weapon types ot choose from, along with weapon fusion (something touched on in the Nintendo Direct conference). The best part is that neither melee nor ranged attacks seem to be better than the other, since you cannot switch weapons while alive in a match. For example, the black club in the video was able to launch balls of energy, making a seemingly useless weapon pretty cool.

CONS

1. That laser!!!!!

Now, I don't know what the hell that was in the first second of the match. but that giant laser that was launched will definetly be something spammed when the game drops. Now to mention that the laser stays there for about 4 seconds, allowing for some kills early game. We'll see how it is executed.

2. No Flying?

Sadly, you cannot fly, and if you saw the last seconds of the fight, you'd see that this can make you die very easily due to falling. The beam claws who killed Dark Pit in the end took advantage of this, and juggled him into the air, falling to his doom. Knocking people off the stage may end up being the cheap thing a lot of newbies will do, especially if they have a weapon capable of pushing.

3. The controls

Now, I'm a lefty, and when I first saw the gameplay for this game, I was a little skeptical. Obviously, having an analog wil be better, but I hope they allow for button movement for lefties. I would hate to have to not play the game just because I'm left handed.

SO whatare your thoughts on the multiplayer? Comment below!!!

Fyrus

Artilleur Carmin
Trophies
XP
Country
France
3. Skills

Now, I'm still a little clueless on how skills are obtained and used, but they can be used to sway a match in your favor.. Skills that were shown in the video, like Darkness, Super Speed, and Transparency are all great little modifiers. Hopefully, they can't be spammed too much.

3. The controls

Now, I'm a lefty, and when I first saw the gameplay for this game, I was a little skeptical. Obviously, having an analog wil be better, but I hope they allow for button movement for lefties. I would hate to have to not play the game just because I'm left handed.

That video you posted was part of a much larger one, which showed that each weapon in Multiplayer has its own set of skill, with a set number usage.

Probably you can get more skills in the battle via items that are left on the ground, but you start up with what your weapon allows.

As far as the control scheme goes, it has been said several times that Lefties have to use the CCP to play left-handed.

4. Weaponry

THERE ARE SO MANY WEAPONS!!!!! If you watch the weapons showcase video (Too lazy to link), There are about 8 weapon types ot choose from, along with weapon fusion (something touched on in the Nintendo Direct conference). The best part is that neither melee nor ranged attacks seem to be better than the other, since you cannot switch weapons while alive in a match. For example, the black club in the video was able to launch balls of energy, making a seemingly useless weapon pretty cool.

1. That laser!!!!!

Now, I don't know what the hell that was in the first second of the match. but that giant laser that was launched will definetly be something spammed when the game drops. Now to mention that the laser stays there for about 4 seconds, allowing for some kills early game. We'll see how it is executed.

There are actually Nine weapon types, and each weapon both have a Melee and Ranged attack, as well as a special one that apparently obliterates the whole screen (Single-player only ?)

And, again in the full video, there's an even more powerful laser weapon to get, assembling 3 parts of that weapon (Déja-Vu?) to create a one-hit kill destruction machine.

Other than that, I'm even more excited after having seen it. Gotta practice with Bows, Orbitars and Palms before launching myself in the war !

Jaxom

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'm lefty too, but I've always played my games in right-hand mode (Metroid Prime: Hunters for NDS and other FPS and TPS on PC). I don't think this is a real con.
The game itself looks really awesome, I can't wait for its release ! :D

megavoltaic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm lefty too, but I've always played my games in right-hand mode (Metroid Prime: Hunters for NDS and other FPS and TPS on PC). I don't think this is a real con.
The game itself looks really awesome, I can't wait for his release ! :D

I've played MPH as well (My friend was a 5 star rank and me only 2). What I was saying was, by the looks of it, you can walk or run, meaning they were using the circle pad to move. I was hoping they allow button movement, since theres no controls explanation yet

awssk8er

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The game looks fun as hell.

I'm just worried about it being difficult to control and to keep up with the pace.

If it plays how I hope it will, the online will be amazing.

Fyrus

Artilleur Carmin
Trophies
XP
Country
France
The game itself looks really awesome, I can't wait for his release ! :D

I've played MPH as well (My friend was a 5 star rank and me only 2). What I was saying was, by the looks of it, you can walk or run, meaning they were using the circle pad to move. I was hoping they allow button movement, since theres no controls explanation yet

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-wTdZ6_Vz0[/youtube]

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I feel you. Since they can make their own decision whatever they want. SIGHING.

1. No Flying?

Yeah, you cannot fly, because it is more tradition since Kid Icarus NES version cannot fly too. I am happy with that.

2. The controls

Yeah, for the right hand. The left hand is rare. Most people have right hand. Maybe you should complain to Nintendo of Japan because they made it.. Send your comment to Nintendo of USA. It won't help but who knows.

Jaxom

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
2. The controls

Yeah, for the right hand. The left hand is rare. Most people have right hand. Maybe you should complain to Nintendo of Japan because they made it.. Send your comment to Nintendo of USA. It won't help but who knows.
The Circle Pad Pro is here to help left-handed people. Nintendo have the solution, the rest depends on us to use it or not. ;)

Mindzpeed

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
2. The controls

The Circle Pad Pro is here to help left-handed people. Nintendo have the solution, the rest depends on us to use it or not. ;)

I've been practicing holding the stylus right-handed, at first, the stylus felt award and tended to fall down, however I got the hang of it and now I'm ready to play right handed.

Jaxom

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I've been practicing holding the stylus right-handed, at first, the stylus felt award and tended to fall down, however I got the hang of it and now I'm ready to play right handed.
I had the same issues the first time, but, practising is the ultimate key to solve it. ;)

The Milkman

GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pros

1. The Light vs. Dark Mode

This is a very interesting mode, probably made make the multiplayer unique from other third-person shooters. It works like your normal team deathmatch, but adds a health bar for each team, rather than have it be a 'this many kills to win' ordeal. Additionally, the fact that when the meter depletes, an angel is spawned, adds more excitement to the mode. Depending on who becomes the angel, it can be a great comeback for your team, or a tragic los. Elements like these help to balance the game and not make it seem like the game is determined in the first 2 minutes.
I also like this but I'm afraid its a bit too based on teamwork, unless NN features somekind of live chat, more then a few of these TDMs are going to be ruined by idiots who want to go lone wolf while they are the angel and waste time killing all the weaker guys while the other angel is killing him and his teamates.

2. The Health Bars (Team)

This makes the game extremely balanced and completely eliminates the hatred of OP weaponry. Depending on the value and strength of the weapon you hold, dying with a weapon depletes your team's health. The more broken your weapon is, the more damage you may end up doing to yourself and your team if you die. This now leaves the player with two options: Do I use a weak weapon, probably not get a lot of kills, and not hurt my team too much, or do I pick up a strong weapon, get ls of kills, but risk hurting my team greatly if I die? This is going to make a lot of newbies with good weapons think twice before simply choosing the strongest weapon the have
This HAS to be one of the best balencing systems I have ever seen in well, ANY multiplayer game. Instead of balencing each weapon carefully they just make it so you actually pay a price and take a risk for using OP weapons[\b]

3. Skills

I'm pretty sure they are going to fall into the same balencing system as the weapons, You pay for using OP stuff, but I also think skills are recharged with hits or kills so it may not be too spammy (this is only based on what I got from the JP sites pics and minor translations)[\b]

4. Weaponry

Don't forget how you can make pre-loadable sets in multiplayer, (I smell peusdo classes!)
CONS

1. That laser!!!!!

Sure it was used soon but notice that it was not launched again in the rest of the match. Its probably got a heafty cost or low uses.
2. No Flying?

Sadly, you cannot fly, and if you saw the last seconds of the fight, you'd see that this can make you die very easily due to falling. The beam claws who killed Dark Pit in the end took advantage of this, and juggled him into the air, falling to his doom. Knocking people off the stage may end up being the cheap thing a lot of newbies will do, especially if they have a weapon capable of pushing.
Yeah, that kinda sucks but remeber Flying isn't a huge part of the game (its not like star fox assualt where you can tell they wanted to make it a TPS but had to include flying and stuff just because its Star Fox) Plus there's skills like gliding and high jumps to make up for that.

3. The controls

Now, I'm a lefty, and when I first saw the gameplay for this game, I was a little skeptical. Obviously, having an analog wil be better, but I hope they allow for button movement flefties. I would hate to have to not play the game just because I'm left handed.

SO whatare your thoughts on the multiplayer? Comment below!!!

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
2. The controls

TAwesome. It would be fun to practicing holding something left-handed just in case if my right-handed is broken or something. ;)

totalnoob617

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
they should have the gyro control for the camera
and i dont know about this seems like ninty made this game waaay over complicated i want a game i can pick up up and play not 1 i have to go through a phukin college course to understand
reminds me of some of the castlevania games for the ds, ,just loaded down with a bunch of unneeded complex crap to make it more complex for the sake of making it more complex ,they should have stuck to the basics

The Milkman

GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
and i dont know about this seems like ninty made this game waaay over complicated i want a game i can pick up up and play not 1 i have to go through a phukin college course to understand
reminds me of some of the castlevania games for the ds, ,just loaded down with a bunch of unneeded complex crap to make it more complex for the sake of making it more complex ,they should have stuck to the basics
YEAH! I agree! I mean why add complex things like simple goals or One-Button gameplay?!? I mean I want a game so simple to pick up and play that it PLAYS ITS FUCKING SELF.

I mean seriously? What the hell looks like you would need a phunkin collage course for? You move the slider to walk, stylus to aim, and press a fucking trigger to shoot. If anything half the stupid shit said it should have had just made it more complex and harder to play. (Gyro, REALLY?! GYRO WOULD SUCK WITH SOMETHING AS SENSITIVE AS AIMMING IN ANY SHOOTER, NEVER THE LESS A REALLY FAST PACED ONE LIKE THIS) It sounds like your just coming in and being a frikin troll, for no reason. I bet you dont even own a 3DS!

Reactions: 1 person

Fyrus

Artilleur Carmin
Trophies
XP
Country
France
YEAH! I agree! I mean why add complex things like simple goals or One-Button gameplay?!? I mean I want a game so simple to pick up and play that it PLAYS ITS FUCKING SELF.

I mean seriously? What the hell looks like you would need a phunkin collage course for? You move the slider to walk, stylus to aim, and press a fucking trigger to shoot. If anything half the stupid shit said it should have had just made it more complex and harder to play. (Gyro, REALLY?! GYRO WOULD SUCK WITH SOMETHING AS SENSITIVE AS AIMMING IN ANY SHOOTER, NEVER THE LESS A REALLY FAST PACED ONE LIKE THIS) It sounds like your just coming in and being a frikin troll, for no reason. I bet you dont even own a 3DS!

Posting history details a lot ...

Uprising's control scheme isn't really that hard to get on, or is watching the way your cursor behaves way too complicated ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night