Gaming So about call of duty ghosts...

G36cBossMan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hear the game is very bad has horrible reviews on amazon now I thought about getting it on demand since I so t drive but I'm also very interested in buying mw2 on demand cause I love that game it's my favorite call of duty hands down the problem is its $30 on demand which seems high for a game that old anyway I need help deciding what to buy

1. Call of duty ghosts that I know nothing about and has bad reviews for $60

2. Mw2 a game I have played before and like very much but it's $30

Lestworth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its still a personal preference for you. I'll give you information, but thats about as much as anyone can do, is to help you decide on your own.

- CoD: Ghosts
I'm not gonna lie, i was one of the first people to play the game and bash it for basically enhanced graphics on an incredibly similar engine. The people who give it a negative view are just tired of the game itself, ppl are just flat out getting burned out on CoD, its really that simple. The multiplayer to the game isn't horrible atm, and it will only get better when dedicated servers hit the game. I think Ghosts does a decent job at trying to add new gameplay modes to the game. Its the same CoD you grow up with, with tweaks to the game for past generations of it. If you want to play a new CoD, you should probably get this game.
HOWEVER, some (most) of the maps are large for a CoD game. Some have even compared it to a downscaled map for BF. 6v6 is also a pretty big negative for the game as well. The community hasn't gotten any better, as the game gets more popular parents will continue to get the game for the children and it will just make the community of game younger. Its the same CoD you grow up with, with tweaks to the game for past generations of it (yup posted this twice, as it is viewed as a positive and a negative).
Personally, you should get Ghosts on next gen if possible, it will only be a better game with a much more beefy system supporting it.You should also watch gameplay of it on youtube as much as you can to draw your own conclusions from the game. I hate saying dont trust the reports on the game, but sometimes you have to view the game yourself and draw your own conclusions before you judge it without playing it.

- Mw2
This really is a choice on your end once you think about getting Ghosts. You have played this game before probably back when it was super popular. Dont get me wrong, it still holds up as one of the better CoD's (kinda, but i still think CoD4 blows it away). The issue is that your gonna be running into a lot of hacked lobbies, cheaters, lagswitchers, ect ect ect ect. Simply because they dont really care about past games at this point. Just like how CoD4 is full of them, MW2 are as well. Its still stupid entertaining though.

______

I personally play BFBC2 and BF3 more when BO, MW3, BO2 came out. Its just a personal choice of mine, but im currently burnt out on shooters. I dont plan on buying any new shooter atm, and im moving on to more RPG games, and single player stuffs. Already wasted 200 hrs on Skyrim =D, and i intend to finish my ME3 game, as well as start on Disgaea 4 cuz i heard really good things about that game. I'll eventually get around to Demon's souls and Dark souls. Hopefully before Dark Souls ill have the bug to play shooters again.

EDIT: Also, CoD games are always really expensive even after years of it being out. Shit i remember MW2 being $59.99 when MW3 came out, and still $40 when BO2 came out. If it has CoD in the title, your gonna pay out of your asshole for it.

Reactions: yummm pizza

G36cBossMan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for your input I see what your saying and about the hacked mw2 lobbies I thought they were forced to put an update for it now its tu8 I also heard that the new tu8 stops all the mods idk how true it is but it's something I heard and about call of duty ghosts they have an offer that says if you buy it on 360 you can pay $10 more and download the Xbox one version that's only if you buy ghosts on demand over all ill do a little more research on the 2 games before I decide

G36cBossMan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry about the double post my phone was acting up anyway i decided to go with mw2 I know I like that and I can't find one really positive review for call of duty ghosts thanks again

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Cod just needs to have it from the Multiplayer.
And the incredibly dumb 14 year old fanbase.

Also, if you want to play it, then get it and play it.
Don't base your judgement on some paid reviewer.

slingblade1170

Trophies
Website
xtremehack.net
XP
Country
United States
Call of Duty Ghosts like Lestworth mentioned is too much of the same and people are tired of it. Its not a bad game but it really takes a hit in graphics and barely adds anything new to online mode. There also is no combat record, or much reason at all to rank up.

PityOnU

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought that MW2 was actually pretty horrible. WaW and CoD4 were much better comparatively.

New CoD's in general have been too "awesomized" for my likes. Seems like they are catering to that recently-hit-puberty fanbase.

Not that this is a bad thing, just not my cup of tea.

TwilightWarrior

GBATEMP'S Official Boss
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
DUDE! what are you talking about mw2 is worth no where 30 bucks it 2 bucks on amazon.com, and I have ghosts you should get it over mw2 simply because it has more players now, as well as the fact that most of the mw2 lobbies are hacked

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    Too bad, they already drank it.
    He is now fishy.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sak is a fishy pineapple
    Have a good night everyone.
    i'm getting sleepy.
    So much drinking from @K3Nv2
    Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    10 tabs open on chrome and no slow downs suck it low ram plebs lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    they be like which lite firefox exe pls
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Wut.
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    GM all
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    butt
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    douche
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Touché.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Push it :creep:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Talk about propaganda.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Illinois is working to ban toxic food additives that have been banned for decades in other countries; additives that can be replaced and all those countries still have Skittles and Mountain Dew. Title of the piece: GUBMINT WANTS TO TAKE AWAY YOUR CANDY
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Gee, I wonder if the author is biased?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Sounds and smells like bullshit. They don't give you cancer, and California should know that. I don't get why they stick labels that say "may or may not cause reproductive harm or cancer".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Arsenic doesn't give you cancer either.
    Veho @ Veho: Arsenic doesn't give you cancer either.