Hacking Snes9xGX sort of freezing after loading a rom

DavidPoppell

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello. I searched very thoroughly through these forums but could not find any issue like the one I am experiencing. I imagine it is a fairly easy fix but I am hanging on by a thread trying to understand and do most of these mods.

So, when I boot up Snes9xGX from the HBC, it loads to the gui fine, and from there I select the folder my roms are stored in. It loads the list of all my roms no problem. When I click on a rom to start it, the screen dims a little bit, and the system music continues to play. Also, when I move the wii pointer around the hand on the screen moves around and plays just fine. However the emulator just stays in that semi dimmed screen area, not really frozen but not able to do anything.
Also if I enter Snes9xGX options menu, and after that try to exit the application, the screen goes to black and freezes (though I can hear music playing).
At this point I cannot power down the system by any means (not even by holding the power button) and I have to physically unplug the power cord from the back of the wiiu.

I am running snes9xgx from the SD card. My roms are on the SD card.
I have tried: using the official snes9xgx (4.3.2), loading the snes9xgx with pro controller support, and downloading the snes9xgx from the homebrew browser channel.

I also made certain that all 3 of the vwii-alt-beta53 cIOS were installed (although I do not know what that means, I just followed the guide).

I have also tried loading the emulator through USB loader GX. I have no idea why that would change anything but I am too stupid with this stuff to really know what matters and what does not.

Does this seem like a fixable problem?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Watching the fallout series it is pretty decent