Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by Zopenko, May 25, 2015.
Lol, ive given up on anyone compiling that shit
Just DIY then. I got tired of waiting and teached myself to do that. Took some time but learned a lot in the process.
Uh. I dont expect u to know who i am or my background in the wii scene, i just dont have a computer with the compiling environment setup anymore. i can wait, its not a big deal
Dude, don't take it personal. It was a simple suggestion based on what i did months ago. I do not need your background, history nor curriculum vitae to give a mere suggestion about learning to compile, if that were your case. If it isn't, just humbly carry on and wait. I will post a build whenever i go back to my country and my PC, if one does not get posted by then.
yea man, we're good. just explaining myself. not a big deal
Everyone fighting or complaining about msu... And I just coming here to know if there's any update improving performance or accuracy without impacting performance.... Meh....
is there any manuals for compiling this emulator? sorry, i am noob.
i just want to play this emu with my 3rd party CC, like Genesis Plus GX. My CC works only with Wii games, Nintendont, genPlus and not64 (also my wiimote have motion plus inside). I think my CC have invalid calibration settings. Maybe something to deactivate original CC and play with my CC
version is up to date 4.3.7
Hi, I'd like to ask one question to Zopenko and Tantric:
The english fan translation for Tengai Makyou Zero seems to be reaching its final stages, which is great news, but looks like in order to play the translated game, something needs to be done to the emulator to support it:
My question, is obvious: Could this small change be made on SNES9X GX for Wii?
I know emulator developers usually don't like to change things to accommodate unofficial works, but I wanted to ask regardless, as this is one of the las big games to be translated on the system.
Sounds cool, i could try when i get back to my city. What's that change and where can i check it?
From what I can read from that Romhacking.net thread, this is what DougRPG said:
I could try to ask him to go into more detail if there's need fo it, but my knowledge of developing/programming emulators is non-existant.
I am back at my base!
So, just to be sure, i would only need to add the changes in snapshot.cpp/h? (ignoring msu1.cpp/h). I'll give it a try in some hours, i'm in the middle of unpacking my luggage =D
EDIT: Changed snapshot.cpp/h and msu1.h, no dice. I guess i would need to edit msu1.cpp too, but the file differs too much.
I registered an account over there, i'm waiting for the admin's approval so i can write in the forums
Here, this build should work with snapshots (i.e. snapshots *created* with this build will work). https://dl.qwertymodo.com/snes9xgx-wii_msu1.dol
Thanks @qwertymodo! Will you upload your changes to your github fork? I would love to learn a bit more.
All of my changes are already on github, just be sure to select the msu1 branch in the drop-down menu.
...actually, looking at the commit history, snapshots should have been working all along. So, that's weird: https://github.com/qwertymodo/snes9...03f6514#diff-717c9ca2303b9068c9ba4941220c5ac9
Sorry man, MSU1 music resuming did not work (tested with a fresh snapshot). Maybe changes are not there yet?
I just tried it myself with Chrono Trigger and it worked. I don't know what to tell you. The changes are definitely there, I linked you directly to them in my last comment.
Edit: And then as soon as I say that, I went back and tried it again and it didn't work. wth... -_-
I did in fact tried with Chrono Trigger first, then with TMNT IV. MSU1 music works until you load the snapshot. Weird! Really don't know what could be causing an "issue" with your new DOL.
Hmm... can you do me a favor and exit out of the emulator completely before trying to load the snapshot? It might actually be a file locking issue.
Believe me, i even turned off the Wii =). Created a new snapshot, loaded it after, and no music. There are only roms and the snes9x msu1 app in the SD card.
Something is really screwy. Try opening an MSU-1 game, taking a snapshot, then resetting by hitting the Home button and selecting reset. The game resets without MSU-1. My best guess is that either there is some weird bug in devKitPPC with closing and quickly reopening a file, or else it's another broken utility function like the directory listing functions that caused me a huge headache when I first tried porting over the MSU-1 code. But even that doesn't really make sense, because resetting works fine without taking the screenshot. Seriously, wtf...