Snes9xGX Mod [Preview + WiiUPro + ScreenShot button]

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by Zopenko, May 25, 2015.

1. seam

seam GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 23, 2011
    United States
    austin texas
    Lol, ive given up on anyone compiling that shit

2. niuus

niuus GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 4, 2016
    Venezuela
    Just DIY then. I got tired of waiting and teached myself to do that. Took some time but learned a lot in the process.

3. seam

Jan 23, 2011
    United States
    austin texas
    Uh. I dont expect u to know who i am or my background in the wii scene, i just dont have a computer with the compiling environment setup anymore. i can wait, its not a big deal

4. niuus

Mar 4, 2016
    Venezuela
    Dude, don't take it personal. It was a simple suggestion based on what i did months ago. I do not need your background, history nor curriculum vitae to give a mere suggestion about learning to compile, if that were your case. If it isn't, just humbly carry on and wait. I will post a build whenever i go back to my country and my PC, if one does not get posted by then.

rogerioronin likes this.
  5. seam

Jan 23, 2011
    United States
    austin texas
    yea man, we're good. just explaining myself. not a big deal

niuus likes this.
  6. undeon

undeon Member

Newcomer
    Jun 9, 2015
    Brazil
    Everyone fighting or complaining about msu... And I just coming here to know if there's any update improving performance or accuracy without impacting performance.... Meh....

MaeseJesus likes this.
  7. vEN2

vEN2 Member

Newcomer
    Jan 30, 2016
    Afghanistan
    is there any manuals for compiling this emulator? sorry, i am noob. :(

i just want to play this emu with my 3rd party CC, like Genesis Plus GX. My CC works only with Wii games, Nintendont, genPlus and not64 (also my wiimote have motion plus inside). I think my CC have invalid calibration settings. Maybe something to deactivate original CC and play with my CC

version is up to date 4.3.7

Last edited by vEN2, Apr 7, 2017
  8. MaeseJesus

MaeseJesus GBAtemp Regular

Apr 3, 2013
    Hi, I'd like to ask one question to Zopenko and Tantric:

The english fan translation for Tengai Makyou Zero seems to be reaching its final stages, which is great news, but looks like in order to play the translated game, something needs to be done to the emulator to support it:

http://www.romhacking.net/forum/index.php?topic=23162.400

My question, is obvious: Could this small change be made on SNES9X GX for Wii?

I know emulator developers usually don't like to change things to accommodate unofficial works, but I wanted to ask regardless, as this is one of the las big games to be translated on the system.

9. niuus

Mar 4, 2016
    Venezuela
    Sounds cool, i could try when i get back to my city. What's that change and where can i check it?

MaeseJesus likes this.
  10. MaeseJesus

MaeseJesus GBAtemp Regular

Apr 3, 2013
    From what I can read from that Romhacking.net thread, this is what DougRPG said:

I could try to ask him to go into more detail if there's need fo it, but my knowledge of developing/programming emulators is non-existant.

11. niuus

Mar 4, 2016
    Venezuela
    I am back at my base!

So, just to be sure, i would only need to add the changes in snapshot.cpp/h? (ignoring msu1.cpp/h). I'll give it a try in some hours, i'm in the middle of unpacking my luggage =D

EDIT: Changed snapshot.cpp/h and msu1.h, no dice. I guess i would need to edit msu1.cpp too, but the file differs too much.

I registered an account over there, i'm waiting for the admin's approval so i can write in the forums B-)

Last edited by niuus, May 7, 2017
  12. qwertymodo

qwertymodo GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 1, 2010
    United States
    niuus and rogerioronin like this.
  13. niuus

Mar 4, 2016
    Venezuela
  14. qwertymodo

Feb 1, 2010
    United States
  15. niuus

Mar 4, 2016
    Venezuela
    Sorry man, MSU1 music resuming did not work (tested with a fresh snapshot). Maybe changes are not there yet?

16. qwertymodo

Feb 1, 2010
    United States
    I just tried it myself with Chrono Trigger and it worked. I don't know what to tell you. The changes are definitely there, I linked you directly to them in my last comment.

Edit: And then as soon as I say that, I went back and tried it again and it didn't work. wth... -_-

Last edited by qwertymodo, May 8, 2017
  17. niuus

Mar 4, 2016
    Venezuela
    I did in fact tried with Chrono Trigger first, then with TMNT IV. MSU1 music works until you load the snapshot. Weird! Really don't know what could be causing an "issue" with your new DOL.

18. qwertymodo

Feb 1, 2010
    United States
    Hmm... can you do me a favor and exit out of the emulator completely before trying to load the snapshot? It might actually be a file locking issue.

19. niuus

Mar 4, 2016
    Venezuela
    Believe me, i even turned off the Wii =). Created a new snapshot, loaded it after, and no music. There are only roms and the snes9x msu1 app in the SD card.

20. qwertymodo

Feb 1, 2010
    United States
    Something is really screwy. Try opening an MSU-1 game, taking a snapshot, then resetting by hitting the Home button and selecting reset. The game resets without MSU-1. My best guess is that either there is some weird bug in devKitPPC with closing and quickly reopening a file, or else it's another broken utility function like the directory listing functions that caused me a huge headache when I first tried porting over the MSU-1 code. But even that doesn't really make sense, because resetting works fine without taking the screenshot. Seriously, wtf...