Homebrew Snes9xGX Mod [Preview + WiiUPro + ScreenShot button]

magnitudeten

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks so much for your effort on these emulators man. Superfx works like a dream now.. no crackling audio anymore.

I did however notice while playing Spiderman (the animated series game) that progressing through the first level the sound and music gradually degrades and distorts until it turns into a fuzzy mess and freezes the game. This happens before I can even get to the first boss. I have no idea if the old version of the emulator did this, or if the pal version of this game would cause the same issue...

Anyways strange problem I ran into. Just thought I'd bring it up.

I also have one feature request if youre still looking for things to add... The current mouse support is done by pointing the wiimote at the screen for games like Mario Paint. I find it pretty wonky and inaccurate. Is there a way to add support for plugging in a usb mouse and just using that instead?

DikUln

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Is there any github (or other service) repository i can fork?

I want to integrate libsickaxis into project.

Last edited by DikUln,
Reactions: niuus

danny19901

Trophies
XP
Country
In latest version is there any dual shock 4 support maybe by USB as I know it works in Nintendon't
Im gonna try and get DS4 controller to work as i will try do a new build also maybe add few other things

Sent from my SM-N930F using Tapatalk

Last edited by danny19901,

niuus

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
the problem with new versions is that it might run slower on the wii

the current version works very well
This. Newer versions are typically more accurate, so they require more resources, which are pretty tight as it is on the Wii. Luckily, besides a couple of games that do not boot (E.g.: Lobo) they all work at 100% speed and 240p, which is really great.

It would take a brave soul to update the code of Snes9x GX up to 1.54. Who knows, maybe someday.

Last edited by niuus,
D

Deleted User

Only complaint is the menus are silent. Honestly, there are music and sound settings for that.

OmegaXXII

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Zopenko!

I just want to say THANK YOU very much for updating this perfect SNES emulator made by Tantric & Askot!

I can't express enough how much I LOVE the "scanlines" filter with unfiltered graphics added to this, really makes games look absolutely perfect after testing it these past couple of days and the fact that it also has a frameskip toggle option makes it really ideal and for that reason I have made this my go to launcher for SNES! Thumbs up for adding in some much needed updates to this already fantastic emulator! :yay:

Though; I will mention that sometimes I tend to switch to the hq2x filters and while they also look nice, on occassion when I do switch from the scanlines to an hq2x filter the emulator will leave some "ghosting" of the previous screen before I switch the filter, even if I exit the game and reload a different game! Fix is to simply exit the app and relaunch but really not a big deal for me since I almost always play with the scanlines filter which is amazing but I just wanted to point this out.

Only complaint is the menus are silent. Honestly, there are music and sound settings for that.

If I recall, the previous (older) versions of the snes9x GX had music and even sound within the GUI menus but was removed from the latest versions since it was causing performance/compatibility issues with the emulator or games themselves? I'm not exactly sure as i'm no programmer or coder but if it means to sacrifice a fancy looking GUI over performance then i'd rather have a more stable emulator then some fancy looking one with sounds and such.

Last edited by OmegaXXII,

comokepa

Trophies
XP
Country
Is version 4.3.6 linked to in the original post the same as the latest beta posted in this thread? If not, which one is latest?

Zopenko

Link He come to town Come to save the Princess Z
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hi falcon
The sound was removed in order to increase performance for sime games like yoshis island

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Zopenko!

I just want to say THANK YOU very much for updating this perfect SNES emulator made by Tantric & Askot!

I can't express enough how much I LOVE the "scanlines" filter with unfiltered graphics added to this, really makes games look absolutely perfect after testing it these past couple of days and the fact that it also has a frameskip toggle option makes it really ideal and for that reason I have made this my go to launcher for SNES! Thumbs up for adding in some much needed updates to this already fantastic emulator! :yay:

Though; I will mention that sometimes I tend to switch to the hq2x filters and while they also look nice, on occassion when I do switch from the scanlines to an hq2x filter the emulator will leave some "ghosting" of the previous screen before I switch the filter, even if I exit the game and reload a different game! Fix is to simply exit the app and relaunch but really not a big deal for me since I almost always play with the scanlines filter which is amazing but I just wanted to point this out.

If I recall, the previous (older) versions of the snes9x GX had music and even sound within the GUI menus but was removed from the latest versions since it was causing performance/compatibility issues with the emulator or games themselves? I'm not exactly sure as i'm no programmer or coder but if it means to sacrifice a fancy looking GUI over performance then i'd rather have a more stable emulator then some fancy looking one with sounds and such.
Hi omega
The filter is buggy i have seen the ghosting effect, sorry bout that

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Is version 4.3.6 linked to in the original post the same as the latest beta posted in this thread? If not, which one is latest?
Hi comokepa
That is the latest with the artwork folder select option

Reactions: OmegaXXII

CaptainProtonX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Brilliant work with the new (to me) additions. I haven't updated since 4.3.2 from so many years ago, and it's great to see so many new features come into the mix.

I've tested a big chunk of the SNES library with SNES9xGx, and Rendering Ranger R2 sticks out with a hard crash for me. It occurs as I'm on an elevator that's lowering, and flame throwers come out of the walls of the elevator shaft. This issue dates back to 4.3.2, so it's not a result of any of the changes to the emulator from the past year. Thought I'd share this.

Thanks for giving a great emulator new legs.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This. Newer versions are typically more accurate, so they require more resources, which are pretty tight as it is on the Wii. Luckily, besides a couple of games that do not boot (E.g.: Lobo) they all work at 100% speed and 240p, which is really great.

It would take a brave soul to update the code of Snes9x GX up to 1.54. Who knows, maybe someday.

Well, preliminary work on RetroArch Wii U has begun, and the developers are going to get a hold of a Wii U soon, Snes9x 1.54 should be feasible at the very least.

KAce

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
how do I install the last version (4.3.6, September 12, 2016)?
What should I do with files boot and source? help me, explain it precisely pls. thx and sorry for my bad eng ^^"

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +1
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped... +1