Homebrew Snes9xGX Mod [Preview + WiiUPro + ScreenShot button]

danny19901

Trophies
XP
Country
Just out of curiosity would it be possible to have filters/Shaders like in this list HQ3X is my favourite but if was possible would be amazing
d3356d844ef18c40d1a0838e48d9f47e.jpg

Last edited by danny19901,

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Just out of curiosity would it be possible to have filters/Shaders like in this list HQ3X is my favourite but if was possible would be amazing
d3356d844ef18c40d1a0838e48d9f47e.jpg
Highly unlikely.
hq2x already pushes the Wii to its limits.
Before the mod made by Zopenko, the hq2x filter was nothing but garbage, it slowed down each ane every game I used with it.
Thankfully, his modifications made the hq2x filter actually playable with a lot of games.

hq3x would be pushing it too far.

niuus

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Highly unlikely.
hq2x already pushes the Wii to its limits.
Before the mod made by Zopenko, the hq2x filter was nothing but garbage, it slowed down each ane every game I used with it.
Thankfully, his modifications made the hq2x filter actually playable with a lot of games.

hq3x would be pushing it too far.
I think the maximum it could go would be Super 2xSai or Super Eagle without a performance hit. Haven't had much luck with HQ2X, even with simple games like Krusty's Fun House.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I think the maximum it could go would be Super 2xSai or Super Eagle without a performance hit. Haven't had much luck with HQ2X, even with simple games like Krusty's Fun House.
Really?
Most games I have play very well with hq2x in this emu.
Only Yoshi's Island has frequent slowdown from my library.
Perhaps other FX heavy games do, or those pseudo-3D environments too.

niuus

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Really?
Most games I have play very well with hq2x in this emu.
Only Yoshi's Island has frequent slowdown from my library.
Perhaps other FX heavy games do, or those pseudo-3D environments too.
Yep, for real, looks very nice but HQ2X it's very jerky for me. I was surprised it was even included in the first place, over the other lighter options.

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
Outside of CPU lack of speed,

HQ3x would not make any sense considering the Wii GPU is limited to 640x480 (3x means the original SNES resolution is magnified by a factor of 3, which goes above the Wii hardware capacity)

Shaders are also out of the question because the Wii GPU is too old technology and does not support them.

Contrary to what some people love to think (or hope), not "everything" is possible.

Reactions: Linkuei

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Yep, for real, looks very nice but HQ2X it's very jerky for me. I was surprised it was even included in the first place, over the other lighter options.
Are you using the latest version posted in the OP?
Also, are you using an original Wii or a Wii U?
I play on a Wii U's vWii with the latest version posted by Zopenko.

niuus

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Are you using the latest version posted in the OP?
Also, are you using an original Wii or a Wii U?
I play on a Wii U's vWii with the latest version posted by Zopenko.
Yes, i've been using the latest versions and following all the Zopenko threads from beginning to end :). Haven't reported before since my findings were already reported.

About your question, i am using a Wii and a Wii U sometimes, but mostly my play sessions are done on the Wii, since it boots much faster to the Homebrew Channel>Emulator, rather than waiting for the Wii U to turn on and then opening HBC>Emulator.

AaronZ

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys, slightly OT but does anyone have an 8bitdo SNES/SFC controller and is using it with this emulator? I read you can pair it as a Wii U Pro Controller and I'd totally buy one to play this emulator with if I knew it worked. I know you can pair it as a Wii Remote but that kinda limits the amount of buttons you can use.

Thanks for continuing to update this emulator too, awesome work!

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Last edited by OriginalHamster,

Sticksandstones

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Very nice work on this!
You've managed to get this thing performing better than a Snes9X Next standalone would.
The hq2x filters still reduce the framerate to a steady, still-sufficiently-playable one, but the scanlines filter doesn't work for my CRT-loving self but I never cared about scanlines in emulators even using LCD screens.
This has become a better SNES emulator than RetroArch in my humble opinion.

naddel81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And with super eagle? What is the best visual improvement that decreases performance only to a small degree?

Gesendet von meinem T1-A21w mit Tapatalk

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pass