Homebrew SNES9xGX animated channel

Omgwtfisthat

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yay I like this, USB Loader this weekend?
smile.gif
Hope its as great as this one.

Hicksy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this channel needs an update for sdhc support.... I get random stack dumps and also most of the other fowarders i have load with a black screen and a little bar like this [..............................] and this one does not load this way, so if anyone could fix this it'd be great. i am a total noob with wadder and such so....any help is greatly appreciated

Innovative1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is amazing man. I wish that NES and some of the other emus had loaders that were this good (hint, hint). As far as you being upset about someone helping out and making a loader and 'stealing' the thread I have to disagree though. I can see your point but you need to realize that most of us would prefer a loader over a channel since it makes updating so much easier. If you want to keep track of all the downloads and make sure that you get the credit then release your work as both a channel and a loader at the same time. Thanks again for this wonderful loader!

Hells Guardian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TroyTheZombie said:
benzy said:
Just noticed that when I go into Wii Data Manager, this channel shows up as a big Question Mark "?"

Its because the compression wasn't done right when he made it.

just a curios question what is the correct method? I know how to unpack it all ect. just wondering what the correct compression method for the animated banner wad making is.

sigmund58

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey all, im not sure if this has been answered, ive looked with no luck. When i use the snes9xGx forwarder it loads up fine and all, however you need to change the exit settings to return to the wii menu. Now this is all good, however i exit to the wii menu, and load up the emulator again, the settings have returned back to default. It doesnt do this when loading from the homebrew channel, and it also doesnt do this with the NES forwarder i have. Can anyone shed some light on the subject?

The_Hulkster

Trophies
XP
Country
I know this might not be the most appropriate thread to ask this but oh well...

Has anyone here tried loading games off of a USB HDD? I know there's an option to use USB and USB flash drives seem to work but it won't recognize my HDD...

Am I doing something wrong or hasn't the USB HDD function been implemented yet?

Anyway, thanks
smile.gif

Innovative1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You are right. This is not the correct thread. Format your drive with WBFS Manager first. Read some other threads. This question is completely unrelated to the SNES9X Channel/Forwarder.

BlackEnigma

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Innovative1 said:
You are right. This is not the correct thread. Format your drive with WBFS Manager first. Read some other threads. This question is completely unrelated to the SNES9X Channel/Forwarder.

Even though it still doesn't make it on topic, I think what was meant was playing SNES ROMs off of a hard drive that is formatted to FAT, not Wii games. Formatting with WBFS Manager wouldn't be the first thing I would do if I wanted to do that.

imapterodactyl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The_Hulkster said:
I know this might not be the most appropriate thread to ask this but oh well...

Has anyone here tried loading games off of a USB HDD? I know there's an option to use USB and USB flash drives seem to work but it won't recognize my HDD...

Am I doing something wrong or hasn't the USB HDD function been implemented yet?

Anyway, thanks
smile.gif

Is your drive partitioned with both FAT32 and WBFS? If so, then much like Mplayer-CE, I believe FAT32 needs to be the first partition. Also, do you have your FAT partition set to primary?

If you use the drive primarily on your PC, and not for Wii backups (therefore no WBFS partition), then perhaps your drive is formatted to NTFS. I don't believe this will work either.... needs to be FAT.

The_Hulkster

Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
QUOTE said:

Even though it still doesn't make it on topic, I think what was meant was playing SNES ROMs off of a hard drive that is formatted to FAT, not Wii games. Formatting with WBFS Manager wouldn't be the first thing I would do if I wanted to do that.

Exactly, I wasn't talking about loading any games other than snes games. Maybe I should have been more clear but where else would the USB function be implemented when I ask about that in this thread?

Anyway, moving on...

Is your drive partitioned with both FAT32 and WBFS? If so, then much like Mplayer-CE, I believe FAT32 needs to be the first partition. Also, do you have your FAT partition set to primary?

If you use the drive primarily on your PC, and not for Wii backups (therefore no WBFS partition), then perhaps your drive is formatted to NTFS. I don't believe this will work either.... needs to be FAT.

My drive does have a WBFS partition on it but the rest is FAT32 and is set to primary. That's why I'm wondering if this is working for anyone else. Figured it could very well load games off of the FAT32 partition on my HDD.

Is it working for anyone else?

Thanks for your help!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night