United States
I just made a roms DVD for several systems with the following structure:

-GBA
-GBC
-NES
-SNES
-Genesis
-ScummVM

Every other system loads the roms fine (considering there are several hundred ROMS in each) except for SNES9xGX and FCEU-GX. In the NES directory there were 900 or so ROMs, all zipped and the extensions were correct for the ROMs within each zip file. But almost every ROM I tried, especially ones towards the bottom of the list would bring up the error message "Unknown file type" even though the extensions were correct within all zips. Games towards the bottom of the list tended to give the message "Directory name too long" or something to that effect. Same thing happened with SNES9xGX with the SNES directory.

So I thought it might have something to do with the files being zipped so just for those two directories, NES and SNES I kept the ROMs uncompressed and burned a second DVD. Didn't make any difference except now the ROMs bring up the message "Error loading ROM". Also ROMs towards the bottom of the list will appear to load but then just stay on a black screen (while still being able to exit and load another ROM however). I tried going back several revisions with no luck.

Is this a known problem with a simple fix. All searches on Google and here led to discussions about ROM extensions not being there but mine are all in order so I don't think that's the problem. Could the large number of ROMs in those directories just be leading to all the problems? Would I be better off splitting them up such as A-F, G-K, etc.

Also the DVDs was burned in ISO9660 + Joliet format.

Any help would be appreciated

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.