Homebrew Snes9x GX 4.3.2 with libsicksaxis

BlackWizzard17

Don't worry Captin we'll buff out those scratches.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Most of thing you have said are no not a bug or something, they aren't implemented on the emulator xD

ohhhh,lol well you did a very good job doing this. (even if the d-pad is not implemented its still more addictive to play with than a gc controller XD)

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
This is brilliant, I was wondering if connecting a PS3 controller to the Wii was possible, and it seems you can :)
Good job mate.

Psionic Roshambo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Very cool to see something I theorized as possible but would not be implemented. I said at the time that most people would tell you "Just get a classic controller".

I give it two thumbs up and two thumbs on the pad, wait wouldn't that be four thumbs? Ah what ever it's still cool!

xerpi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
ohhhh,lol well you did a very good job doing this. (even if the d-pad is not implemented its still more addictive to play with than a gc controller XD)

Well, with the library you can use all the buttons/sensors/rumble that a ps3 controller has, even you can can control the LEDS and set the MAC you want to the PS3! I could try to make it run through bluetooth, but I don't know too much about its protocol...

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thank you, v2 works fine.

In game:
Analog Y-axis is fixed
D-Pad is working

When enabled, Gamecube controller is not working (I guess this is a result of remapping the GameCube controller to PS3)
When enabled, the game/sound is slightly lagging.
Maybe it can be fixed by adding a proper "new controller" instead of overwriting another controller's input?
Or it can't be fixed?

In menu:
not implemented yet. not a bug ;)

xerpi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks you, this release works fine.

In game:
Analog Y-axis is fixed
D-Pad is working

When enabled, Gamecube controller is not working (I guess you remapped the GameCube controller to PS3)
When enabled, the game/sound is slightly lagging.
I don't know if you are still using the same method, maybe it can be fixed by adding a proper "new controller" instead of overwriting the wiimote input.

In menu:
not implemented yet. not a bug ;)

Yes the emulator gets lagged when you enable the ps3 controller because it has to do lots of things internally.
I don't know too much how the emulator handles the input, so if we want the best implementation, the emulator developers should implement libsicksaxis by themselves.

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You could try getting in contact with Toad King or Twinaphex to see if they would be interested in implementing it :)

xtoc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi,

First of all i will like you to thank you for all the effort.

And then my question (or request)
Ii was just thinking about the following thing:

Is it possible to add mirror function in the video option menu?
I haven't seen this in no other emulator yet.

However i do think that playing games in a second run would be nice if you could play it in mirror mode.
At the first thought, i think it would be easy to create such an option. (but i could be wrong)
Besides that, the left and right on the dpad should be switched.

I know that the text from some games will also be mirrored, but i do not think that this would be a huge problem.
Besides thinking in layers, maybe it's a possibility to switch all the layers besides the layers which show lives or text and etc...
But then again, it's not a big deal for snes or nes games (or some other emulated consoles).

Maybe it's whichfull thinking, but i do hope that such an option will come available in the future.

(Sorry about goin offtopic)

Thank you in advance!

strai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wow thanks. i was looking for something like this. If you can implement it on other emulators, that would be great!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    fluff663 @ fluff663: hoi