SNES Classic To Have Rewind Feature

snes classic.JPG

Now you can play with power, super power... and back again!

Another announcement from Nintendo at Gamescom today was the Rewind feature in the upcoming SNES Classic Edition. It lets players rewind their gameplay to retry tricky sections, pick up missed items or simply run through an area again to see if anything was missed.

However, the rewind time depends on the kind of game: Players can go back a few minutes in role-playing games such as Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars, while action titles such as Super Mario World offer around 40 seconds, ideal for re-trying short segments of gameplay.

The system also comes with additional features like frames that can be wrapped around the on-screen display for each game and suspend points that allows you to save anytime, anywhere!

The enthusiasm level is so 1990's!

The SNES Classic Edition hits stores this September 29th.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

That's cool. I remember being so excited for the Classic SNES but it has also become irrelevant for me and I was looking forward to playing the 21 games on it.

Well, hope everyone else enjoys it if they get their hands on one.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Maybe your people, but there's a lot of people who thinks being nerd is totally uncool and ain't going to pass throught the process of learning how to emulate.

Download emulator, download ROM from one of a thousand easy to use ROM sites, open ROM in emulator, play, maybe reconfig controls.

The same people which will download video player, download torrents from one of a thousand easy to use torrent sites, open video in video player, maybe adjust volume or set to use remote control.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
It's a nice enough feature and all, but if you can even pre-order then anywhere what's the point.
*can't (not being a dick, just had to reread that to get what you meant XD)

But yeah no harm adding the feature, while I can appreciate the "git guy" sentiment at time with games getting dumbed down I guess it's just a matter of giving the masses what they want or they go with options that will and cut you out of your own business

VitaType

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Can't this be done in RetroArch already to your own will? I don't really see the selling point of the 'Classic NES/SNES', since it's not original hardware and Nintendo knows most people will emulate...
I see three main groups:
  1. Die hard Nintendo fans that just want to collect it
  2. People who mainly want this controllers
  3. People that had a SNES back then and have no clue about the fact that emulation exists (or just want to avoid it on all costs for legal/ethic reasons)
Oh right, and people who buy them to try to sell them with profit. Then it's four main groups...

Last edited by VitaType,

Zukov

Dinosaur
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Download emulator, download ROM from one of a thousand easy to use ROM sites, open ROM in emulator, play, maybe reconfig controls.

The same people which will download video player, download torrents from one of a thousand easy to use torrent sites, open video in video player, maybe adjust volume or set to use remote control.
But that's a lil part of the people who have access to a electronic media.
People in Latam prefers a straming page to see movies or serials.

Noone is using forums nowadays, people go hard on facebook to ask for the tips you and I has like a normal thing.
For all of them this miniSNES is the panacea.

I see three main groups:
  1. Die hard Nintendo fans that just want to collect it
  2. People who mainly want this controllers
  3. People that had a SNES back then and have no clue about the fact that emulation exists (or just want to avoid it on all costs for legal/ethic reasons)
Oh right, and people who buy them to try to sell them with profit. Then it's four main groups...
4. People who knows it exists but don't have access or interest in learn shit.

Abu_Senpai

Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
This announcement reminded me of the old genesis controllers that i own which allow you to not rewind. But instead fast forward to speed your game up which i always enjoyed doing. Trust me playing Co-op SOR2 with one person using a fast forwards controller whilst you use the official one sucked! (Especially during duels:cry:)

Ramzitv1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
still using the wii mote ports, great!

fucking will get 1 or 2 only to sell them for a bit of profit...

i just hope, this thing can get a snes haxchi... over 20 games (actually 21, but marketing) seems a very low amount of games...
and FX support omg, this thing will be great!

that's what i was suggesting,if it's necessary to mod Snes Classic with Haxchi to add more games like NES Classic Modded.still we don't know when Haxchi will arrive & Support SNES Classic Mini when the release comes out.

rileysrjay

Connoisseur of all things Morshu
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Even though I'm not a big fan of them, GameStop said they'd have a special announcement later today and that employees should watch for it. I'd presume that means in store SNES classic pre orders. If it is then can someone pm me? I have a lab class at college I've gotta be in when they'll probably announce it. The GameStop method might be the best chance at grabbing one in the us.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
It's SNES, there isn't much to learn or to configure. Everyone young enough to have intresst in SNES should know how to install a program and open a file (the ROM) with a emulator.
i used to think like that but then I talked to non computer literate people....infact lots of people who are ok with facebook etc still mess up their pc's just "trying" to play one old game, I came to the conclusion that things are easy when you know what your doing, but if you don't it wont be long until your pc is covered ins spam/adware/virus's from following "guides" etc that direct people to install crap or just not unticking the "and install crap" box that is bundled in some emulators

Reactions: VitaType

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all