Homebrew [SNEmulDS] Rebirth the project and update it for the last DKP

Chaos Rush

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's great to have the capability on the DS, and I'm glad SNEmulDS is still being worked on, but if you were serious about having the emulation in your pocket, you would have bought another device for it sometime before now.
lol yeah, but playing Super Mario World with PlayStation brand buttons (triangle, square, X, circle) is just wrooooooong XD. Hopefully the 3DS will get hacked someday...

Also the PSP screen is 480x272, while the 3DS screen is 400x240, so SNES games would look better on a 3DS anyway. I don't have a PSP, so I wouldn't know if the SNES emulator on PSP has scaling or not, but scaling always looks really dumb, except if it's on a television. The DS only has 256x192, so while the width matches most SNES games (which is 256x224), the regular DS screen is smaller so you'll get things cut off which is just laaaame.

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
It's great to have the capability on the DS, and I'm glad SNEmulDS is still being worked on, but if you were serious about having the emulation in your pocket, you would have bought another device for it sometime before now.
lol yeah, but playing Super Mario World with PlayStation brand buttons (triangle, square, X, circle) is just wrooooooong XD. Hopefully the 3DS will get hacked someday...

Also the PSP screen is 480x272, while the 3DS screen is 400x240, so SNES games would look better on a 3DS anyway. I don't have a PSP, so I wouldn't know if the SNES emulator on PSP has scaling or not, but scaling always looks really dumb, except if it's on a television. The DS only has 256x192, so while the width matches most SNES games (which is 256x224), the regular DS screen is smaller so you'll get things cut off which is just laaaame.

You're wrong. SNES on PSP seems beautiful, even stretched. Also the PSP GPU allows some kind of "interpolation" without sacrificing CPU speed. The SNES experience on PSP is... definitely much better than DS, and I get what BassAceGold said in the previous posts. The NDS can't handle accurate SNES emulation, or, into simple words, you can't take it *that* seriously because of the hardware limits. I bet if the DS had a dedicated GPU emus'd have gotten nicer

Chaos Rush

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

You're wrong. SNES on PSP seems beautiful, even stretched. Also the PSP GPU allows some kind of "interpolation" without sacrificing CPU speed. The SNES experience on PSP is... definitely much better than DS, and I get what BassAceGold said in the previous posts. The NDS can't handle accurate SNES emulation, or, into simple words, you can't take it *that* seriously because of the hardware limits. I bet if the DS had a dedicated GPU emus'd have gotten nicer
notice how I said 3DS not DS
(and yes I know the 3DS isn't hacked yet)

EDIT: And I wasn't talking about snemulDS on a 3DS. I was talking about if the 3DS gets hacked someday and a decent SNES emulator is ported to it.

LeRodeur

Trophies
XP
Country
France
the 3DS being hacked is a matter of time. mark my words.
Time? i'd better have said "will". Someone was nearly having the access to encryption key of the firmware but i think he dropped out.
If the 3DS was really interesting it would already have been done in my opinion.
Cartbridges teams won't bother cracking it as there is only few games available and, moreover, few 3DS owners that dont have a nds or DSi. which means few profits.
The few people who could hack the 3DS retired the nds scene long ago.

Centrix

Stop Poking the Moogle!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I saw this on Emucr the other day and was waiting to see if any one posted it here on temp, I couldn't find any posts so here we are! this is a new snes emulator or at least the name seems new to me, its been updated once so far in the last day or two and its worth keeping and eye on! :P

Name: SneMuldsx

Description:
SneMuldsx is a SNES Emulator for Nintendo DS created by Archeide.

SneMuldsx 20120514 Changelog:

- added libfatx
- fixed extlink stuff. arm7 L+R+Start+Select shutdown seems not working...
- at least linkable against official libfat

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see the topics were merged and the posts were added onto the end of this one.

The timestamp for the release that was posted to the News section is 20120514, aka May 14 2012, aka one month ago. In other words, this isn't news.

At the same time however, being able to compile such an old program with newer versions of libfat and other libraries is indeed admirable considering how much has changed within DevKitARM between the original post date of SNEmulDS and now.

Gryphon93

Trophies
XP
Country
This emu seems to have gotten worse. now when i hide the menu i get a white screen instead of black which is irrating and games are slower.

There's a lot of work to be done before SnemulDSx is "stable" again, because of how outdated the code for SnemulDS is. There have been several new releases of DevkitARM and libnds, which means it's necessary to change a lot in the code to make it compatible with the newest version. Besides, archeide isn't developing (at least not actively) the emulator anymore and the new people working on it have to get familiar with the code. The work done thus far is great and we're slowly moving forward. I hope we will see a new and better release of SnemulDS someday.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: *teleports behind you* "Nothing personnel, kiddo" +1