Homebrew SMSPlusGX Loads but won't run ROM

cranky

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm hoping this is a stupid mistake on my part but i have not been able to solve this issue.

SMSPlusGX loads fine from the HBC, i can browse my ROMS but when i try to load a game i quickly see the screen flash saying "unzipping blah blah bytes" then it goes black. The game does not appear to load, i get no sound or video. No buttons do anything with the exception of the home button which brings me back to the SMSPlusGX menu.

I have tried loading ROMS in both .zip .7z and .nes formats but get the same black screen result.

I have sucessfully got pretty much every other emulation package running no problems but this one has me stumped.

Any help appreciated
smile.gif

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
cranky said:
I have tried loading ROMS in both .zip .7z and .nes formats but get the same black screen result.

it's a SEGA master system emulator, it doesn't support .nes roms, only .sms and .gg, wonder what made you think otherwise
blink.gif

you can use zipped roms but afaik, 7z is not supported, and the file in the .zip archive must obviously be one of the supported format

cranky

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks Jacobeian you are of course correct.

I was so tired when i set up my SD card i copied the wrong folder to the SMSPLUS/ROMS directory.

I have re-copied the correct ROMs and everything runs perfectly. Thanks for taking the time to point out my naff mistake
smile.gif

Cheers!

B

BryceOne

What is the most recent version of this emulator? The one I have is dated 12-14-2008.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: @Sonic Angel Knight :bortz2: