FAST6191

Techromancer
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
On IRC recently there was a discussion of what goes if your significant other, or potential significant other, smoked and how that plays out. This would then be the forum version.

On IRC there were some fairly strong reactions on the "no way would I hook up with" side of things. In my general life my observations are other than "please don't smoke in my house" it does not seem to change much of anything. However I mainly know older people and it seems the anti smoking stuff aimed at the young might have actually kind of half worked -- the tobacco industry seems unlikely to completely run out of consumers around here any time soon, though it might be hurting a bit on the domestic side of things but stronger opinions towards the negative seem to be a thing.

Bonus round. Recently it seems nicotine delivering vapourisers have come back into fashion. Does this change anything?

Bonus round 2. If you yourself smoke would you be upset at some level if it troubled a new or existing relationship? Equally if you smoke would you seek someone that does not, whether as a quitting aid or generally?

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
On IRC there were some fairly strong reactions on the "no way would I hook up with" side of things.

I've heard a lot of people say that, but they all change their tune when the other person is hot.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"Vaping" or whatever you want to called it, kinda sprang up over night. While not nearly as dangerous or disgusting, I feel like its a fad? Something people do to be pretentious. Please note, I am pretty bias on this matter, I don't really have much weight backing up this particular arguement, its just something that annoys me in a different manner.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I find that interesting because when I see a whoever, she could be a 10/10 but if she smokes, she gets points knocked off. Immediately.
Making her a 9/10. It would still not make you kick her out of bed.
"Vaping" or whatever you want to called it, kinda sprang up over night. While not nearly as dangerous or disgusting, I feel like its a fad? Something people do to be pretentious.
It's cheaper, cleaner, and doesn't coat your lungs in as much tar as regular smoking, so for a lot of people it's a preferable way of getting their fix. Every indulgence has its pretentious snobs, but for a lot of people it's just a less stinky cigarette.

Reactions: ground

endoverend

AKA zooksman
Trophies
Website
zooksman.com
XP
Country
United States
I don't know. Just because someone smokes doesn't mean they're a chain smoker or anything like that. It doesn't specifically entail that they'll smoke in bed or in the house or whatever. I'm not going to be the person to tell them to quit or start vaping or chewing nicotine gum unless it becomes a serious problem. As long as the person is decent about when and where they smoke, I don't think it should affect a relationship, at least not in early stages.

While vaping does tend to be done by pretentious snobs for the most part I don't see an immediate problem with it, no more than smoking. I think it's probably just a more healthy way to get your fix for a lot of people, but I do hate it when people think they're smarter and better than everyone else because they have a vaporizer. Vaping is like a clique for the people who do it, which kind of annoys me.

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If your significant other is smoking, you need to slow down or apply proper lubrication. :creep:

I'll smoke a cigarette or two when I'm very drunk, but otherwise no I do not smoke and I don't like the idea of being with someone who does.

"Vaping" or whatever you want to called it, kinda sprang up over night. While not nearly as dangerous or disgusting, I feel like its a fad? Something people do to be pretentious. Please note, I am pretty bias on this matter, I don't really have much weight backing up this particular arguement, its just something that annoys me in a different manner.

You know what really bothers me about vaping? The people who insist on doing it in places where they wouldn't otherwise be allowed to smoke. Just because it doesn't have any harmful second hand smoke, or no lingering smells, or what not, now I've got these fuckheads vaping in my house, in my car, in restaurants, in my office, anywhere you can fucking imagine, just because they CAN now. I don't care if it's harmful or damaging or not, I find it incredibly disrespectful to start vaping somewhere you wouldn't be allowed to smoke.

endoverend

AKA zooksman
Trophies
Website
zooksman.com
XP
Country
United States
You know what really bothers me about vaping? The people who insist on doing it in places where they wouldn't otherwise be allowed to smoke. Just because it doesn't have any harmful second hand smoke, or no lingering smells, or what not, now I've got these fuckheads vaping in my house, in my car, in restaurants, in my office, anywhere you can fucking imagine, just because they CAN now. I don't care if it's harmful or damaging or not, I find it incredibly disrespectful to start vaping somewhere you wouldn't be allowed to smoke.

This is what I'm talking about. People vape because they can and they think it's cool. When people do that kind of shit it makes me wish they would just be smokers.

FAST6191

Techromancer
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
but when a chick smokes... that shit turns me on...

am the only one who thinks "you should smoke my dick."

A fetish for smoking is not an uncommon one, it is even on the big diagram of fetishes that floats around from time to time

6lboitt.jpg

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP

really your telling my AI is improving and cumming up with new ideas which have been never thought off? and this rate.. ill code a hello world with html. and after hack the PS4 to play Xbone games.

@FAST6191

you have a image for everything dont you... *puts his head next to the screen* oh wise member tell me your ways!

Reactions: Sicklyboy

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr