Hacking Smealum is preparing to release his 8.X hack within weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LucaSmash

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
According to smea "playing games from other regions should almost definitely be possible."

oooh! Does anyone know if Smash 3DS Japanese version has an English option? Or will it at least play well with Smash Bros 3DS US version? I wouldn't mind having a Japanese version as long as they played well together.

NyaakoXD

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oooh! Does anyone know if Smash 3DS Japanese version has an English option? Or will it at least play well with Smash Bros 3DS US version? I wouldn't mind having a Japanese version as long as they played well together.

How will anyone know if the full game hasn't been released yet? I'm sure the game will play just as well in the NA version.

NyaakoXD

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I more meant did Brawl have it, it'll probably be the same.

The JP Version of Brawl had no language option to switch to English since it came out first. The US version also didn't have any language option for Japanese. The EU version can switch to different languages, except you would have to change the language in the Wii's settings in order for the game to switch languages and not in-game.

Again, how will anyone know if the full game hasn't been released yet? Sakurai might put the Japanese option back into the US Super Smash Bros. 4 Wii U/3DS. Anything can happen. :P

Reactions: LucaSmash

ieatpixels

Trophies
XP
Country
First of all, everyone already knows this, its been posted before over and over. Secondly (And i say this without trying to offend), this doesn't deserve its own thread. There's a billion other "Smea did this" "Smea did that" threads you could have posted this in. Besides this is as vague as saying Smea ate breakfast this morning... it achieves nothing that common sense couldnt already tell you.

be nice, the OP got new info out of smealum and he came here to share it with us.

lismati

Speedrunner in practice
Trophies
Website
www.wiiplanet.info
XP
Country
Poland
It is a userland exploit in 5.x-8.x. This WILL NOT be usable by gateway or any flashcart company for that matter since it does not allow kernel access. This does however allow homebrew.

Isn't it a kernel exploit, though? I think Smea said he just had to find new userland entry point for the new firmwares.

Ziggyro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
- Smealum releases it
- Everyone rejoices and downloads it
- There are a total of 4 homebrew apps

Hope you enjoy playing pong for the first few months

Pretty much this. Gateway will probably forever be the only way to go rather than this hack

Jao Chu

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
SSSpwn is a userland exploit. I.e; no roms, no gateway, no emunand and finally, no region free.

As someone said above, enjoy your emulated Pong

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
no its a userland exploit he just had to find a entry point to trigger the exploit in 7.x+ , he had it working on 6.x using the good old DS profile entry point and figured seeing as it wasn't released it would most likely be working in 7.x+ so he found a new entry point to trigger it.....no point burning the exploit by releasing before you have it working on even the newest FW's, if he would of released it for 6.x nintendo would of probably had it patched for the 8.x release...so hopefully when he does release it will work for everyone, and not just people who stayed on 7.x in anticipation for the release

SSSpwn is a userland exploit. I.e; no roms, no gateway, no emunand and finally, no region free.

As someone said above, enjoy your emulated Pong
smealum has already said he will likely be able to get region free working using this exploit....no idea on the details but he wouldnt say it without being pretty sure

Jao Chu

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
He must have something else under his sleeve, I'm no developer but i know that executing ROM images require kernel privileges. So basically some privilege escalation needs to occur at some point for the foreign ROM can be executed. But hey I'd love to be proven wrong :)

GorTesK

Mad Hatter
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
He must have something else under his sleeve, I'm no developer but i know that executing ROM images require kernel privileges. So basically some privilege escalation needs to occur at some point for the foreign ROM can be executed. But hey I'd love to be proven wrong :)

you dont load a foreign rom image, but a foreign retail cartridge

Reactions: LucaSmash
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, like them running in high school together, getting into stuff, and how they got hitched and had kids. And how the town of South Park was back then compared to now. That would be cool to see.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    yeah
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @salazarcosplay if they made a prequel, it would still be about current issues, cause it doesn't make sense to make it about stuff that happened 30 years ago that nobody cares about anymore
    it's too late
    the older south park episodes about particular issues usually age poorly since the topic is no longer relevant
    an exception is giant douche vs turd sandwich, that's always relevant :P
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I was gone for like an hour and none of you thought to write or call pos
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    We knew you were going to Sonic to get lunch.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sonics fast I would've been home in 10 mins
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Meet and greet with AncientBoi then?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That would've gone slow he's old
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sadly the person in question feels too young for his own good
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We don't question people
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    me neither, i just bash them
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We just question @AncientBoi
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: besides I had bigger worries today