Hacking Smea statment about 4.0 Update

Digital_0xFF

Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
A forum with less bullshit, less clutter, and just more threads containing only useful info is better.

Not a bunch of speculation from people who know nothing about coding, programming, or anything of the sort.

How are 10 threads each day asking "should I update" or "Maybe we can hack the switch this way", coming from people who clearly know nothing, making things better?

Dude RELAX. Why are you so aggressive? Here in germany we have a proverb "Hunde die bellen beißen nicht" ;) in the end devs need the noob folks since they are the majority of people and therefore customer #1

Reactions: dimmidice

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I didn't feel any aggressiveness in his reply.
he just said that the people are now acting differently than in 2008, but it's not a reason to stop visiting as you never know what interesting content you can find anyway.
nowhere it was insulting, aggressive, condescending or using a bad tone.
Or, I missed that completely.

again, that just demonstrate his statement, this thread is about Smea's finding, not about user's reaction on modern day's forum.

Last edited by Cyan,

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
he just said that the people are now acting differently than in 2008, but it's not a reason to stop visiting as you never know what interesting content you can find anyway.

again, that just demonstrate his statement, this thread is about Smea's finding, not about user's reaction on modern day's forum.
It's not that surprising that you didn't pick up on any aggressiveness man, you are about the most chilled out, level-headed person I've come across on the internet B-)

dimmidice

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I found it condescending because when the guy joined was completely irrelevant. It implied the guy was out of touch with "new" temp because he joined in 2008. Which is ridiculous since he's a frequent poster so he's just as in touch with "new" temp as anyone. Basically he was trying to invalidate the guys post by bringing up his join date which was completely irrelevant anyway. And the "Stick around though" bit was just as ridiculous. Someone who's been here for 2 years telling someone who's been here for 9 years to stick around (when nobody even mentioned not sticking around) is frankly pants on head retarded.

CMDreamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
A forum with less bullshit, less clutter, and just more threads containing only useful info is better.

Not a bunch of speculation from people who know nothing about coding, programming, or anything of the sort.

How are 10 threads each day asking "should I update" or "Maybe we can hack the switch this way", coming from people who clearly know nothing, making things better?

Considering that 99.99% of users know nothing about coding, hacking consoles (software and hardware), and that IMO from that percentage, the 80% can't even read and interpret what they have in front of their eyes. Any forum will get hundreds of threads asking the very same thing over and over.

That can't be avoided nor go against. Mods have the last word, letting it go by or taking "extreme" procedures (like closing those never ending repeating threads with the same question).

Patience is the key. Though sometimes patience is the first thing that vanishes.

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
great all this means is that if and when we do get a release for 3.0.0 smhax then we are going to be stuck on a crippled featureless FW probably for a long time if not indefinitely , though i do have faith that they will find a method to get a later FW running eventually as long as you have a sub 3.0.0 base FW

what is funny is that now the 3DS can be hacked 6,000,000 way till Sunday and even though i never read through the 3DS hacking ideas and suggestions thread too much i bet that at least more of a few of them turne dout bo on to something when everyone said there was no way they could work

g00s3y

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm confused as to where I'm upset over any of this. I posted something online in a forum, that's it. I've moved on the second I hit "post reply".

Some of you care way too much about what other random people online say.

Thelonewolf88

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Spot on reply, I couldn't agree more, and I tend to swerve these types of threads nowadays. That is the problem now with Social Media, as creates to much speculation and shitposting in forums afterwards, yet I'm old skool and prefered it when devs and hackers said nothing and stuff was released silently. However, I do find the target audience of Temp becoming more juvenile recently too, which doesn't help sometimes.

Abu_Senpai

Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
please
we need new threads everytime he tweets

Okay, so this actually is a fair point.

We should totally have one thread that is updated whenever important switch exploit information is released since it is WAYY better than just an endless pandemonium of new threads. I mean for the love of god, i have seen 3-4 Update 4.0 Threads in the past few days. One is enough.

Edit: https://gbatemp.net/threads/switch-hacking-homebrew-discussion.464282/

There is the thread i was speaking about, why cant we all just discuss on that one thread instead of creating new ones.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I sometime get aggressive and annoyed by other people behavior and action too, mostly in real life which then get spread here, when I had a bad day I sometime talk bad to users here.
Damn, contributing to offtopic ;)
He has a point though. I also do think you may be the coolest mod here. Heck, a gbatemp veteran like you who has been a member since 2002 probably has seen so much shit in here that nothing gets to you easily here anymore B-)

Now where is my custom badge you promised me when I suck up to you?

Just kidding, don’t ban me pls

Reactions: Selver and Nezztor

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
He has a point though. I also do think you may be the coolest mod here. Heck, a gbatemp veteran like you who has been a member since 2002 probably has seen so much shit in here that nothing gets to you easily here anymore B-)

Now where is my custom badge you promised me when I suck up to you?

Just kidding, don’t ban me pls
Yeah, I saw a lot. and to tell the truth, I didn't like you in the Wii days, you were annoying to me:teach:
since you upgraded (became U) You have change too, more serious and even posting news and participating to forum's life.

is that enough praise?

When will you upgrade to SwitchBricker? :lol:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Cranesbill @ Cranesbill: Hi Hi