Hacking Smash Bros. 3DS [USA] Dumped?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Web Browser?
ii dont think so......from what i read you cant do anything else when running gba VC so i imagine that would be using type 2 to be getting 96MB ram but meaning all other features such as web browser etc wont work on the homescreen, or it could be system updates or something i suppose.....i'm betting GBA VC though :P

Bond697

Dies, died, will die.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have no idea. gba games are mode 0, though.

e: i think monster hunter 4 uses a different system mode too. i don't have a copy, though, so i don't know which mode it uses.

Reactions: cearp

CIH137

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On a related note, if I want to play online should I get my header stuff together before I start playing or can I change to .3dz without losing my save if I want to do it later.

Omer

Trophies
XP
Country
On a related note, if I want to play online should I get my header stuff together before I start playing or can I change to .3dz without losing my save if I want to do it later.

Yes, you should do that before start playing otherwise you will lose your save data

Zamzummin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
how big is it?
i can't figure out what these numbers mean "16384" 16384 what? KB? ,MB? GB?
can it really be 16 gigs? also "trimmed size = 0" WTF?
thye sould make this a little easier to read i don't understand what i am lookin at

The 16384 is the size of the cartridge in megabits. Converted it would be 2.048 gigabytes, or a 2 GB file. The trimmed = 0 is probably a placeholder until someone actually tries to trim out the blank data and reports what size is left.

Reactions: weatMod

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The 16384 is the size of the cartridge in megabits. Converted it would be 2.048 gigabytes, or a 2 GB file. The trimmed = 0 is probably a placeholder until someone actually tries to trim out the blank data and reports what size is left.

thanks, i hate these scene release sites ,they suck ,also they used to show BBB eshop game dumps listed as "eshop" but now everything is just labeled as "3ds game" this sucks , now you can't filter out for just eshop releases , not sure why they did this ,why do they now label eshop titles as "3ds game"?
is it because they are converted to .3ds ? if so they should still list some where which games are eshop titles and which are cart ,both scene release sites do this an IMO it is very poorly done and they should also have an option to show converted size to gb ,mb, kb, file size instead of megabit since nobody gives a shit about megabit, since they are putting it on a HDD then to a msd measured in bytes
'

Abcdfv

What comes around goes around.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks, i hate these scene release sites ,they suck ,also they used to show BBB eshop game dumps listed as "eshop" but now everything is just labeled as "3ds game" this sucks , now you can't filter out for just eshop releases , not sure why they did this ,why do they now label eshop titles as "3ds game"?
is it because they are converted to .3ds ? if so they should still list some where which games are eshop titles and which are cart ,both scene release sites do this an IMO it is very poorly done and they should also have an option to show converted size to gb ,mb, kb, file size instead of megabit since nobody gives a shit about megabit, since they are putting it on a HDD then to a msd measured in bytes
'

Yes you can, just enter "3DSWARE" into the search. 3DSWare is the official name for E-shop only content.

They don't suck, they just use a standard you don't understand yet. Everything is more literal and detailed.

Jiro2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I am creating my own header for this game, what should I use for the manufacturer and the unknown fields? (I assume this is card1, right?)

In general is there any way I can find a list of what the appropriate fields are for other games?

(To clarify: I am using a header ID from another game, of course.)

Zamzummin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yes you can, just enter "3DSWARE" into the search. 3DSWare is the official name for E-shop only content.

They don't suck, they just use a standard you don't understand yet. Everything is more literal and detailed.

Actually weatMod is right. eShop games like Shovel Knight, Retro City Rampage DX, and VVVVVV don't indicate anywhere that they are eShop games. It seems like either the scene groups or the release sites have gotten lazy recently.

aotnemrot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If I am creating my own header for this game, what should I use for the manufacturer and the unknown fields? (I assume this is card1, right?)

In general is there any way I can find a list of what the appropriate fields are for other games?

(To clarify: I am using a header ID from another game, of course.)
Macronix, Card 1 yes, and strangely, mine had 4gb in the size field.
So that would be: C2 F0 00 90.
It's currently working online with a header from a game I dumped.

Abcdfv

What comes around goes around.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually weatMod is right. eShop games like Shovel Knight, Retro City Rampage DX, and VVVVVV don't indicate anywhere that they are eShop games. It seems like either the scene groups or the release sites have gotten lazy recently.
Oh, I didn't notice it wasn't listing them as 3DSWare anymore.

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, I didn't notice it wasn't listing them as 3DSWare anymore.

yea they were not listing them 3dsware before either, they were listing them as eshop or eshop title ,the ones labeled 3dsware never even worked with flashcards , seems like after harmoknight or maybe a release or two later after they stopped

benkei

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i got the header working but i cant update to 1.2 for smash to access online. Gateways eshop is asking me to update to 9.0.

CIH137

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got my personal header injected into smash bros now. I know I can't play online, but just getting the notification that I need to update means I did it right? Is there anyway to know if what I did was wrong?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended