Hardware smash breaking thumbpads?

Abcdfv

What comes around goes around.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This just happened to me today, anyone else notice thier thumb pad wearing out?

Attachments

• IMAG0036.jpg
    IMAG0036.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 466

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
It only happens if you're too brute with it, and really the Slidepad isn't meant to be taken with so much force as it won't recognise it anyway. I used to play with it just fine although I never really felt with much precision because a Slidepad's inferior to a real Analogue Stick or a D-PAD.

SSG Vegeta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My 3DS did this before Smash Bros was released so its not the games fault the analog sticks wear out everything does eventually.

GorTesK

Mad Hatter
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
this is why I didn't buy Smash 4 3DS, just tested it on gateway to see and test the full roster
I know, my 3DS would look like that after a couple of weeks ^^
waiting for the WiiU release :-)

Tomobobo

Champion.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Damn that sucks, I'm sure it'll happen to me soon but I really don't want it to happen. I try not to treat it like smash on a cube controller, and it affects my game by sometimes busting out tilts and not smashes but I'm trying not to shred on the thing cause I've heard so many reports of the nub popping off.

I have a little bad habbit where sometimes I'll toss my controller in disgust when playing smash, and I did it one time with the 3DS and luckily I tossed it over the couch and it was ok but I really can't do that when the whole system is the controller.

YoshiInAVoid

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
Nintendo did this deliberately to accelerate the rate at which you need to buy a new 3DS system.

They did a similar thing with Mario Kart DS, the drifting mechanic was designed to wear down your D-Pad so that you are forced to buy a new system earlier than normal.

It is nothing new, they seem to be doing it with at least one game on every generation of handhelds.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Nintendo did this deliberately to accelerate the rate at which you need to buy a new 3DS system.

They did a similar thing with Mario Kart DS, the drifting mechanic was designed to wear down your D-Pad so that you are forced to buy a new system earlier than normal.

It is nothing new, they seem to be doing it with at least one game on every generation of handhelds.
It... it controls just like every other Smash game. There's nothing deliberately controller-breaking about that. If anything Kid Icarus is more so, with the "ram slidepad in one direction to dodge" mechanic.

Abcdfv

What comes around goes around.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Damn that sucks, I'm sure it'll happen to me soon but I really don't want it to happen. I try not to treat it like smash on a cube controller, and it affects my game by sometimes busting out tilts and not smashes but I'm trying not to shred on the thing cause I've heard so many reports of the nub popping off.

I have a little bad habbit where sometimes I'll toss my controller in disgust when playing smash, and I did it one time with the 3DS and luckily I tossed it over the couch and it was ok but I really can't do that when the whole system is the controller.
My god dude, same problem. Too used to playing on the GC is what did it in, and I've thrown my 3ds into the air a couple times like a controller

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Or Genesis.