Hacking Smash 4 Undub

soniczx123

Trophies
XP
Country
This looks really cool for people who are into this stuff, but I am a bit curious. What benefits does undubbing a game like Sm4sh offer? Games that are dialogue-heavy like RPGs I can understand, but most of Sm4sh is just yells, grunts, and one-liners

Some people don't prefer the voices for some characters compared to their previous appearances (Looking at the spacies, pit and Sonic) so having the choice of having them return is a great thing. It's mostly for personal preferences.

deinonychus71

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
P.S. My method only modifies patch/resource(us_en) and patch/patchlist. No rebuilding of dt00 or dt01 or packed files is necessary, so normal Cafiine isn't a complete pain to use for quick testing of things.
Yep, that's pretty much what I do, no need to touch of the core game.
The only issue will be for packed files like pokemon or trophies, you can't just replace the sound of a pokemon and put it in its folder like patch/data/item/pokemon/arceus/snd*** and change its info in the resource file. It will work in the sound bank in game but will crash whenever you start playing a match.

This looks really cool for people who are into this stuff, but I am a bit curious. What benefits does undubbing a game like Sm4sh offer? Games that are dialogue-heavy like RPGs I can understand, but most of Sm4sh is just yells, grunts, and one-liners
tbh in my case it's 50% getting the jap undub and 50% having fun working on it, I kinda wanna keep looking around for what can be edited. Mainly see how is it possible to add new unofficial characters, and maybe see if its possible to bring the 3DS stages in the Wii U version.
I know none of it yet, and maybe other people already figured it out, but it's still fun to try :)

DeeeFoo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tbh in my case it's 50% getting the jap undub and 50% having fun working on it, I kinda wanna keep looking around for what can be edited. Mainly see how is it possible to add new unofficial characters, and maybe see if its possible to bring the 3DS stages in the Wii U version.
I know none of it yet, and maybe other people already figured it out, but it's still fun to try :)
That's neat :)
I'm curious though, in a fighting game where there's hardly any dialogue aside from fighting sounds, do the Japanese voices portray the characters better? I thought the English ones did a damn good job

soniczx123

Trophies
XP
Country
That's neat :)
I'm curious though, in a fighting game where there's hardly any dialogue aside from fighting sounds, do the Japanese voices portray the characters better? I thought the English ones did a damn good job

It varies from game to game. Having a voice which doesn't fit the character can get distracting at first, but you get used to it. Now having the option to replace it for something more fitting is always great. :D

deinonychus71

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Deihnyx Have you thought about uploading the japanese sound files to http://www.sounds-resource.com/wii_u/supersmashbrosforwiiu/

They seem to be looking for them atm.
Just checked with Bayo, the JP voice is already there, it's just all converted to wav, which is not gonna work.

Im currently having some issue with making it work with the spanish language, english works with 1.1.4 and french has the fighters / pokemon / assists working too.
Im not quite sure why the spanish localization would have an issue if the french works fine... meh.

soniczx123

Trophies
XP
Country
Just checked with Bayo, the JP voice is already there, it's just all converted to wav, which is not gonna work.

Im currently having some issue with making it work with the spanish language, english works with 1.1.4 and french has the fighters / pokemon / assists working too.
Im not quite sure why the spanish localization would have an issue if the french works fine... meh.

Are you still using Loadiine or have you tried out SDCafiine? :)

soniczx123

Trophies
XP
Country
That's unfortunate :( Your EU console is updated?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I checked the ZIPs and only Ryu had JP voices, the rest of the voiced cast don't have the jp voice files.

xKaii

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,

I'm pretty interested on play Smash 4 undub, but i couldn't find the japanese voices or the japanese game. any hints? :(

Last edited by xKaii,

BDS

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Oh, so this is (was?) getting worked on!? I remember discovering Mewtwo's Japanese voice some time ago and it sounded awesome. Sad Mewtwo only makes weird noises overseas :(
(also French announcer is... weird... bad weird... it made me switch the language of my Wii U for a while)

Also, we really have to use the likes of SDCafiine (or replace files for Loadiine) in order to switch the language? Unlike on 3DS (HANS feature and now also a Luma3DS feature), we can't just force the game to use files of a specific language that is already supported by the game (but not the language set for the device), can we?

xKaii

Trophies
XP
Country
I found a undub pack with announcer stuff included, but i think it only works on 1.1.4, it doesn't work on 1.1.5. How can i convert the undub files for 1.1.5 and between regions (I have a PAL Wii U)?

Sliter

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I was anting this for AGES haha since that thread strated I was crazy to make it happens but without a 3DS to test it I haven't made a move ..
anyway, thanx a lot! XD

one this I want to ask is if it's possible to make the game, in englsh show the distances as meters, instead of Fts ? (I think english game is the only with that change xp)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $12 large any style pizza deal
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Each bite is a $1 well spent
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, Agreed. I hate oven pizza, only from pizza place.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah I can still go for totinos
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    i like totinos party pizzas. lol.
    the cracker-like crust is great on those
    My neighbor and I are going to make this next month....
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Tiger crust is great.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm beefing with a neighbor currently each time I ask him for help with something he makes bs excuses then ignores my calls text but seems to randomly speak when I'm done with the project after doing things to help him
    DiGiorno Crispy Pan Pizza tasted pretty dang close to Pizza hut pan pizza, but Im not sure if theyve been discontinued or not. Havent seen them locally for a couple of months now.
    The croissant crust is still available though, but not quite as good imo.
    @SylverReZ Never heard of tiger crust. What is it?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @RedColoredStars, Its known as tiger bread, also known as dutch crust.
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    It's fuggin gooooood
    +1
    I mean. Whats different about it?
    Never even seen a tiger crust pizza in any stores around here. Walmart, Cub, or otherwise.
    Must be a regional thing.
    Gonna smoke this bowl then go get kitties ashes. <3
    Last thing I told her is how much I love her, and that Im not leaving her there forever and I promise to come back and take her back home with me.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    halllo
  • Black_Manta_8bit @ Black_Manta_8bit:
    hello, anyone is able to create cheat patches for cemu? i have a simple request if anyone can help
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @RedColoredStars, Rest in piece. Hope she rests well, she'll always love you too. :sad:
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @RedColoredStars, Rest in piece. Hope she rests well, she'll always love you too. :sad: