ROM Hack Smash 3DS Moveset Save Editor

MrCheeze

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
With 3DS save editing becoming increasingly accessible (PastaCFW), I figured it would be useful to have a tool that can copy custom move presets from one save file to another. As well, it can generate the binary moveset data from scratch using a JSON file containing the moveset data. I've included an example file with the Evo 2015 movesets to demonstrate this. Finally, there is one separate bonus feature: automatically unlocking all characters/customs/outfits in a save file.

Download link is here.
Requires Python 3 to run.

Basic usage, if you just want to insert e.g. the EVO movesets into your save file:
  • Extract the save using SaveDataFiler (not gonna get into the details here). There should be an account_data.bin and system_data.bin, only the latter is important.
  • Generate movesets.bin from the included JSON file
  • Inject the generated movesets.bin into your system_data save.
  • Use SaveDataFiler to reinsert the edited save to your game.
A couple minor gotchas. If you have the eShop version of the game, always insert saves that were edited from a newly extracted save, rather than an old one - each save contains four random bytes that change whenever you play the game, and the save will be rejected if they weren't the last ones to be saved. Also, on both versions, your Mii thumbnails will be wrong unless you edit and resave them.

Hope this will be useful to someone.

Last edited by MrCheeze,

LemmyT

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got it to work. Thank you so much for this. I've been wanting to make EVO sets for a long time but didn't because it would take too much time. This took me 5 minutes. I really appreciate you making this.

Kurth

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It figures this would happen a week after I created all the EVO sets by hand. Still, thanks for doing this; I'm glad that no one else will have to spend ~3 hrs of repetitive button-taping!

Neru

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do you even get account_data.bin and system_data.bin? I used save data filer but I never see those two files? Can it be that only cia version works when you export the save data?

Edit: nvm I got it :)

MrCheeze

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

aflarge

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can anyone explain how to do this to someone who doesn't know anything about Python? I downloaded the smash_movesets file and installed the newest version of Python, but from there, I've got no idea how to proceed.

Much obliged!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."