• Start date
  • Views 208,851
  • Replies 1,584
  • Likes 7

Miguel Gomez

Trophies
XP
Country
Welp. I still need to learn more. Anyways, where can I get CvsExport.ms that smb123 mentioned?
Untitled.png

Miguel Gomez

Trophies
XP
Country
Does anyone export their model already? I'm still having confusion with 3DsMax like exporting.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

BTW. I already got CVSExport.

masterspike52

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i know everyones still on the model thing, but i figure ill contribute to the texture list

https://www.dropbox.com/s/i8vq1loobi2d4tq/c00.rar?dl=0

USA little mac

ima put the tutorial to be a little more explanitory for ya (provided it is exactly the same as the video miguel has posted)

step1: download 3dsmax http://www.autodesk.com/products/3ds-max/overview just say your a student and you get 3 years for free

step2: rip a model from a game the same way you ripped your models for sm4sh 3ds or just download it from model-resource https://www.models-resource.com/

step3: open and rig the model using 3dsmax (idk how to do this but there are tutorials)

step4: when your done with the model drag and drop CSVExport.ms on 3dsmax and hit save on the next window that appears (it'll save it as dope.csv)

step5: (provided its the same as the video miguel posted) load your textures for the model in paint.net or any paint program that can save the file as a .dds and save them as .dds

step6: another window should appear for saving the .dds with specific settings, make sure these settings are as followed DXT5(interpolated alpha) Cluster fit, generate mipmaps

step7: make sure all the textures that are saved as .dds are in the same directory as the scripts and the dope.csv file

step8: open command prompt by holding shift and right clicking on the window(not the scripts or dope.csv) and click open command prompt here

step9: in command prompt (which is the box that should appear after you do step7) type the following mbnMaker20XX_Bone.py dope.csv it should make both the mbn file and bch file (if its the same as the tutorial)

step10: test the files by putting them in the appropriate directory on your sdcard like so SD:/saltysd/smash/model/fighter/insert fighter name here/body/c00/normal.mbn and normal.bch

does this help?

Last edited by masterspike52,
Reactions: Miguel Gomez

BlueFox gui

SOMEONE
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
i know everyones still on the model thing, but i figure ill contribute to the texture list

https://www.dropbox.com/s/i8vq1loobi2d4tq/c00.rar?dl=0

USA little mac

ima put the tutorial to be a little more explanitory for ya (provided it is exactly the same as the video miguel has posted)

step1: rip a model from a game the same way you ripped your models for sm4sh 3ds or just download it from model-resource

step2: rig the model using 3dsmax (idk how to do this but there are tutorials)

step3: when your done with the model drag and drop CSVExport.ms on 3dsmax and hit save on the next window that appears (it'll save it as dope.csv)

step4: (provided its the same as the video miguel posted) load your textures for the model in paint.net or any paint program that can save the file as a .dds and save them as .dds

step5: another window should appear for saving the .dds with specific settings, make sure these settings are as followed DXT5(interpolated alpha) Cluster fit, generate mipmaps

step6: make sure all the textures that are saved as .dds are in the same directory as the scripts and the dope.csv file

step7: open command prompt by holding shift and right clicking on the window(not the scripts or dope.csv) and click open command prompt here

step8: in command prompt (which is the box that should appear after you do step7) type the following mbnMaker20XX_Bone.py dope.csv it should make both the mbn file and bch file (if its the same as the tutorial)

step9: test the files by putting them in the appropriate directory on your sdcard like so SD:/saltysd/smash/model/fighter/insert fighter name here/body/c00/normal.mbn and normal.bch

does this help?
no
please more details

Miguel Gomez

Trophies
XP
Country
step9: in command prompt (which is the box that should appear after you do step7) type the following mbnMaker20XX_Bone.py dope.csv it should make both the mbn file and bch file (if its the same as the tutorial)

step10: test the files by putting them in the appropriate directory on your sdcard like so SD:/saltysd/smash/model/fighter/insert fighter name here/body/c00/normal.mbn and normal.bch

does this help?
BTW. Do I have to bring the original .mbn there? That's what I'm missing.
Also, what about h0x(h00-h07)?

masterspike52

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BTW. Do I have to bring the original .mbn there? That's what I'm missing.
Also, what about h0x(h00-h07)?

you dont need h0x cause those are for the pause screen during games that arent online in any way.

and im only making a guess cause it was smb that made it but you might not all i know is ive used the instructions that come with it on gamebanana and all ive gotten is a model who's face matches the horrid color of the cloths xD

Instructions from gamebanana with the files:
1.Rig your model
2.Export your model using CvsExport.ms
3.Then have a copy of your normal.bch in the same dir of dope.csv
4. In cmd do >mbnMaker20XX_Bone.py dope.csv
5. then test your model
(You need to have exact same number of meshs of original normal.mbn)

Last edited by masterspike52,

Miguel Gomez

Trophies
XP
Country
you dont need h0x cause those are for the pause screen during games that arent online in any way.
Oh great. I was worried if I will use h0x.
(You need to have exact same number of meshs of original normal.mbn)
This will make me look like this.
00a.png
Like how would I compare whether or not it got the same mesh? But in the end, we'll wait for a tutorial video on it in the future for more detailed guide.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night