Hacking Smash 3DS: Local Multiplayer - Original copy vs pirated one

Chickenhat

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello everyone!

I have a question for those who might have for information on this topic.

Here is my case. I have a original digital download of Smash Bros for 3DS and my friend who is going to buy ether a Gateway or Sky3DS card for his new (second hand) 4.5 fw 3DS XL wants to play local multiplayer Smash with me. Will it be possible to play with a original copy against a pirated one? If it is possible what must we do to make that happen?

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yes, as long as both games are updated to the same version of Smash. The games may also need to be the same region for local multi, I'm not entirely sure.

henn64

I don't know what I'm doing with my life.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Can also confirm it works. Been playing with friends having digital and lent another my cartridge.
Like with legit versions, you have to be on the same update.

phanteon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it works, i played mario party island tour from my gateway with 3 of my friends via 3DS Download, it was waaaay before launch, of course none of them had the cartridge.
Some games won't let you start 3DS download if you have USA console and EUR rom, like yoshi's island.

Warel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I was also interested in this question. Any one knows if it is safe to use the sky3ds for local play? Or the risk of beeing banned is the same as playing online?

henn64

I don't know what I'm doing with my life.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I was also interested in this question. Any one knows if it is safe to use the sky3ds for local play? Or the risk of beeing banned is the same as playing online?

Safe. Headers aren't even used for local anyway AFAIK.
Besides, you can't be banned unless your online where Nintendo has a chance of noticing.

Reactions: Warel

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs