Hacking Sm4shExplorer (Wii U only for now)

RoyMaster4

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can we please get a 07.1 explorer with 06.4 packing? It's so frustrating dealing with the constant crashes of 06.4 when trying to compile, but otherwise the 07.1's packing causes a lot of delays in-game...

Kdfan35

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thats a terrible way to get help...
explain your problem first and what you need solved...
Sorry? Anyway my problem is I had added some mods and I went to build but I accidentally pressed build mod no packing and I exited out of it while it was going so it said nothing saved so I was told to build as normal and it would be fine but it kept freezing when I pressed "smash" I did have a backup patch and I copied it and replaced the patch in workshop but that didint work I'm lost i really don't wanna have to put in all my mods again by re downloading smash explorer but I'm desperate

NintenEarthboundLegend

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm kind of getting frustrated with this now. I got smash explorer last month and it worked perfectly fine. I got the Ninten mod I wanted to use and it worked on smash. Later that night I found a sound effect for the mod and I went to go back on smash explorer and booted it up. The screen appears but now every time it just says "SmashExplorer has stopped working" Then I click "ok" and the application closes. I don't know what to do. Downloading it again doesn't work either DX. I'm using Python as well.

Attachments

• SmashExplorer Error.PNG
    SmashExplorer Error.PNG
    11 KB · Views: 321
Last edited by NintenEarthboundLegend,

BDS

Trophies
XP
Country
France
the 07.1's packing causes a lot of delays in-game...
Just run this script once building is done and before transferring to SD. You can also run this script on your SD (just place this script in your sm4shexplorer folder and/or on your SD card, double-click and enjoy). This should solve most loading time issues due to S4E not removing some files after packing.

DynicalCillan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Okay, So. To start my problem off, I was in the process of modding (Sm4sh Explorer 0.07.1) and tried to open sm4sh music using the plugin on Sm4sh Explorer to add songs, and my sm4sh explorer said "Not responding" and shut down on itself and Sm4sh Explorer deleted itself(?). Since I still had the rar. from when I downloaded it, I extracted the files again and just moved the "Sm4shFileExplorer(Application)" that I extracted, where the old "Sm4shFileExplorer" was. I'd try to open it, but in the screenshot that's attached here, would constantly keep happening despite me turning off my firewall and etc... please help.

Attachments

• Screenshot (26).png
    Screenshot (26).png
    123.8 KB · Views: 262

Valhalen

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
So, I noticed today a very frustrating issue regarding 0.07.1 that happened to a single mod so far. I've download this King Dedede Balance Mod in GameBanana, and whenever built into Sm4sh Explorer 0.07.1, the files will not be successfully packed; instead, only a single Motion.mtable file will be seen in Dedede's respective directory for the mod (data > fighter > dedede > script > animcmd > body). This will cause the game to crash right before the match starts, with the black loading screen freezing with that screeching beep.

After running a handful of tests, checking other similar mods (and noticing they were all successfully packed), I stopped to think about what could be causing the issue. This Mod is over 5 months old and never gave me any trouble, on the opposite. So I realized the crashes started after I updated to 0.07.1; before that I was using version 0.06.3. So I did a test by building the mod on 0.06.3 and BAM, problem solved. All files in the respective directory built as Packed.

I wonder what causes that single glitch that prevented the mod to be packed. I haven't witnessed this on any other moveset mods, yet.

TheGlamourGroup

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are GNU/Linux and Mac OS ports of this program planned? I would like to mod my Smash game and I already made the dump, but I didn't realize this tool was only on Windows. Honestly most of the tools in the 3DS and Wii U homebrew scene work on every major OS, so this is pretty surprising.
I agree, I use Linux and I would really love to use this program. At least a Python port would make this cross platform.

Deeeeeric

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
For the Send To SD method (since my smashexplorer takes forever to rebuild the mods cause of the amount I have) If i were to, lets say, add one skin to a character, would that skin be added without building the mod again and all the rest of my files kept the same?

Segtendo

#TeamMarie
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Label: Freezing on boot screen
Sm4shexplorer version used: 0.07.1
Game version: 288
Game region: USA
Language used: English
Environment setting: I've been having this problem since Saturday. Recently, my mods have refused to work at all. This only seems to happen when I build my entire mod pack. However, I ran my mod pack through both Cafiine and the SDCafiine logger and both stop at the same spot. Here:

G0d6uFH.png

ui\info

Now I doubt this is a problem with SmashExplorer itself (since I've done multiple tests with bits and pieces of my patch to multiple successes). My problem is that it freezes logging at the one folder, even if I didn't have anything in that folder.

Kurausukun

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way to preserve the original language used ingame? I'm making some music mods, and I have the JP version, but whenever I compile the mod, all of the tracks now use the English names. Is there a way around this?

PlasmoidThunder

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sm4shExplorer always reads off the core data folder when opening the music editor and saves that across all the other data folders. If you want the Japanese titles, you'd have to replace the necessary files in the core data folder with the Japanese ones.

Kurausukun

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gotcha. Thanks. Those would be in data_jp, and then I would just copy them over the regular data folder, right?

EDIT: Do you happen to know what files those would be specifically? I tried replacing the data folder, but Sm4shexplorer still show the English titles. Unless Sm4shexplorer will always show the English titles, but it will appear in the proper language ingame?

EDIT 2: Just tried switching the packed ui and param files, and the ingame titles are still in English. Do I need to swap them in my dump folder before I export at all? It's very unclear. Also, switching the resource files seems to make the game hang on startup.

Last edited by Kurausukun,

PlasmoidThunder

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
IIRC, it was only data(xx_xx)\ui\message\sound.msbt and data(xx_xx)\param\ui\ui_sound_db.bin that I had to copy over to the main data folder to preserve the PAL names (which should be the same for any region). Make sure you're copying them to their respective locations in the workspace folder rather than your export folder.

You'll know it's worked when you open up the music editor and the list on the right uses the correct names.

Last edited by PlasmoidThunder,

Kurausukun

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got it working now, thanks a lot. I just had to extract the files out of the folder before even touching anything in the music editor, then I just replaced those two files. Thanks a lot for the help.

mirr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ive got an issue with the plugin of custom music. Nothing works at all. the menu will appear but it wont save when compiled and it crashes when trying to removing a any song. It all started with "ERROR ResourceSelected with Sm4shMusic: The given key was not present in the dictionary." i have no idea why it popped up in the first place, i wasnt messing with the music recently when did suddenly appear...i'm pretty sure, been a couple weeks..

super_hats

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i want to add mods but building will take more than me sleeping overnight while building and send to sd is adding 0 mod files every time. Any fix? Thanks in advance!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended