Hacking Sm4shExplorer (Wii U only for now)

FightingPolygon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Final Destination and Wily Castle don't play music half the time.
Smashville and Town & City ignore my music selection/likelihood and don't play any music at all when its Saturday night (K.K.)

Its been like this ever since 0.07.1

GarryTena

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Stupid question, but I'm at my wit's end with this. In all the tutorials I've seen, they simply click on the Sm4shexplorer.exe file and it runs, but my downloaded folder looks like this and I haven't found anything like that and I can't run anything. I already have my data/patch dumped but I have no idea where to start this program. I've also downloaded Visual Studio and the .net framework
2016-08-04.png

FightingPolygon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Stupid question, but I'm at my wit's end with this. In all the tutorials I've seen, they simply click on the Sm4shexplorer.exe file and it runs, but my downloaded folder looks like this and I haven't found anything like that and I can't run anything. I already have my data/patch dumped but I have no idea where to start this program. I've also downloaded Visual Studio and the .net frameworkView attachment 58170

You downloaded the source.

SuperPeaches

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
whenever I try to put the mod to the sd card, I get this message.
No SD card containing either an installation of Loadiine or SDCafiine for Sm4sh was found
Any help on this?

RoyMaster4

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
whenever I try to put the mod to the sd card, I get this message.
No SD card containing either an installation of Loadiine or SDCafiine for Sm4sh was found
Any help on this?
Just copy it manually from the export folder into the proper place on the SD card.

RoyMaster4

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
already tried, but when i try to run the mods, it just runs the regular game.
Here are a few possible issues:
- Mods are not in the correct location on the SD card
- You didn't use the kernal / SDCaffiine before launching the game.
- There was an error when copying over the files to the SD card. Delete the SD contents and try again.

The_Rater

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey all, got a tiny problem (so tiny, I almost feel embarrassed asking it). When using sm4shmusic to apply changes to the sound.msbt file (which is where all the text information for the songs appears in the sound test), compiling the changes seems to delete four strings within the sound.msbt file. They are MsndN_Voice_3, MsndN_Voice_4, MsndN_Voice_5 and MsndN_Voice_6. These strings correspond to the text that displays the name, clip, clip number and 'random' button in the voice section of the sound test, so whenever I use sm4shmusic, that text disappears completely from the menu. I'd put the strings back in myself, but some of them are comprised of multiple sub strings which, as far as I can tell, cannot be created alongside a new string (any new string I create only ever has one sub). Is this a bug with sm4shmusic or is it something on my end?

If it matters, I am running sm4shexplorer v 0.07.1, sm4shmusic v0.7 and my region is EU (because Australia is part of Europe apparently).

Thanks in advance!

5400rpmssd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey I keep getting this problem where whenever I run the program, I get the message "Sm4shFileExplorer.exe is not a valid Win32 application". It might be that I am running this on Windows XP. Is there any way to fix it? Thanks.

boualex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
hello

i have a problem for my smas4explorer
when i put a texture 3 or 5 for example
my smash4explorer load and suddenly he dissapear alone
please help

i have test the all version and any fonctionned

DesperadoV3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
when i try to build my mods, it doesn't pack the DLC characters' CSPs but it packs the regular fighters
So when i play the game the DLC characters have a black box with a red X as their battle portraits and stocks.

RoyMaster4

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
when i try to build my mods, it doesn't pack the DLC characters' CSPs but it packs the regular fighters
So when i play the game the DLC characters have a black box with a red X as their battle portraits and stocks.
DLC portraits are in a different folder. Instead of going to chr/chr_13, go to append/chr/chr_13 for example.

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
DLC portraits are in a different folder. Instead of going to chr/chr_13, go to append/chr/chr_13 for example.

never mind, i got it solved, but i would like to know whether it was because of deleting the workspace folder? i always got freeze issues or the character selection menu not loading freezing there too.
so if i want to add a new mod i always have to keep my workspace folder and then after building mod with new skins for example, then after mod finishes compiling i just have to replace all of that on the one thats already in my SD card i guess?

Last edited by leonmagnus99,

Memenado

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whenever I open up Sm4shMusic, the entire application crashes. I've uninstalled and reinstalled Sm4shExplorer 3 times, tried downgrading, updated my NET framework, and even wiped all mods. I'm at my wits end here. Anyone got any ideas? I'm on the newest version with Sm4sh being on version 288.

powermarshall

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I have a LOT of skins on my SD card, and a lot of them have csps that either came with it, or I had to make for. Today I downloaded the extremely large falcon skin pack, and put that in my sd card (build). After booting sm4sh with my mod, I come to find that zelda's csps never load, nor do yoshi's, toonlink's, and most of ZSS. I assume this is due to alphabetics, and that csps load based on where characters are, alphabetically.

It's not that big of an issue, and I'm working to clean up some csp space. Zelda and the others DO work, it's just on the CSS, pictures for them don't show up, so you have to kinda guess which skin it is. I wonder if there's actually a fix for this?

Did anyone have this issue also?

EDIT: Someone on Gamebanana told me that a previous version packs CSPs differently, and it might fix the issue. Is that so, and if so, which version is it?

wuboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I have a LOT of skins on my SD card, and a lot of them have csps that either came with it, or I had to make for. Today I downloaded the extremely large falcon skin pack, and put that in my sd card (build). After booting sm4sh with my mod, I come to find that zelda's csps never load, nor do yoshi's, toonlink's, and most of ZSS. I assume this is due to alphabetics, and that csps load based on where characters are, alphabetically.

It's not that big of an issue, and I'm working to clean up some csp space. Zelda and the others DO work, it's just on the CSS, pictures for them don't show up, so you have to kinda guess which skin it is. I wonder if there's actually a fix for this?

Did anyone have this issue also?

EDIT: Someone on Gamebanana told me that a previous version packs CSPs differently, and it might fix the issue. Is that so, and if so, which version is it?
Yes, 0.06.4b

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Brb