Hacking Sm4shExplorer (Wii U only for now)

nhb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I have been having issues with the loading time of CSP's on the CSS screen. Apparently in 0.07.1 the amount of time that it takes to load CSP's is EXTREMELY noticeable to the point where it is almost a full minute. However, I switched back to 0.07 and now my CSP's load 100% faster. Whatever you left in 0.07, please put it back into 0.07.1.

I don't have this issue at all and I have a LOT of custom skins across the cast (30 of the characters have at least one custom skin). I do notice loading times on my character select portraits but it's more like a few seconds, most certainly not a full minute. It's there but negligible, and the game loads portraits in a noticeable fashion even without mods. (Yes, I am also using 0.07.1)

But yet, you're not the first person I've heard with this issue. I wonder what's up.

Magolor89

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I load the newer versions, it says "ERROR data not found"
Any fix to it?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Nvm...
My antivirus kept deleting my DTLS File :/

Xanek

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@deinonychus71
I've noticed when replacing files in sm4shexplorer, that for Roy and only Roy, get packed differently.
c00 - c03 only have packed, but the other aren't like this.
  • c04-c06 have model.flp, model.ik & packed.
fUt9xv1.png

• c07 has bright_model.nud & packed
XJ2OdNy.png

• and c08 has metal.nud, model.swbl & packed.
JQPey3K.png

And for every other character they only have packed.

Is there a reason why this happens?
I'm currently using a Awakening Roy Skin: http://gamebanana.com/skins/146327 and when I have it on c04, it periodically gives me "An error has occurred" (usually anywhere from 1-15+ games).

While Today I moved it to c00 and have had no problems (played about 30+ games).
Error does happen at least once per my play sessions when it is on c04.

I think it's because the 2 files that weren't packed in c04 (model.flp & model.ik) messed with the vertex edit where the error could happen?

Just want to know why only Roy has this problem where not everything is fully packed...

Last edited by Xanek,

KillzXGaming

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well that's an issue.
@deinonychus71, I'm having an issue and alot of others now where you add alot of costumes the game no longer loads the rest.
More detailed explanation by this guy here http://gamebanana.com/threads/202196

What I feel could fix the issue is packing all the chr files into one big packed one which you cannot do with the latest one as i explained awhile ago, you can only pack certain folders but not this.

ultramario1998

no woof tipsic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm very suddenly getting crashing whenever I go to open up the custom music plugin; crashing started after adding a music file to the sm4sh sound directory and reloading BGM. Is there a solution for this?

superteletubbies64

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
@deinonychus71

Label
: portraits for yoshi and zelda in the CSS have disappeared, longer CSS loading times, portraits won't show up immediately after CSS is loaded
Sm4shexplorer version used: 0.07.1
Game version: 2.8.8
Game region: EUR
Language used: dutch
Environment setting: both full dump and patch

Description of the problem: the portraits for yoshi and zelda have disappeared from my CSS for no reason. this apples to both the portraits for the custom skins and the default ones. in addition, the loading times for the CSS have become longer, and portraits don't show up immediately after the CSS is loaded.
also, whenever I play a match with a skin with a missing portrait, the portrait reappears after that match. I'm pretty sure this is reset when I leave the CSS. the battle portraits, results screen portraits and stock icons are unaffected.
it appears someone investigated this issue: http://gamebanana.com/threads/202196
it explains the issue is caused by having too many portraits, and the game runs out of memory to load all of them. but there shouldn't be a limit since the actual limit for costumes if 255 per character meaning you can basically add everything to your heart's content. however, this issue severely hampers our possibilities.
the portraits for dlc characters take up twice as much space.
it was also stated that the problem is not caused by mods other than portraits. in fact, removing those mods even worsened the problem.
the problem is not caused by the quality of the sd card. the person who wrote this had a class 10 one.
I currently have 356 skins with portraits of which 32 are for dlc characters. I'm currently using a sandisk 16 gb class 4 sd card, but I ordered a new one, a sandisk 8 gb class 10 one, specifically to fix this problem.
I have 9 custom skins for yoshi and 6 for zelda, which means a total of 31 portraits aren't loaded.
it's stated that the problem isn't caused by the game itself, but rather because of the way sm4shexplorer packs the files, so that's why I ask this here.
Did it ever work at all: it used to work till I added some more skins, which put me above the limit of portraits it could have before portraits would start to disappear.
Screens: I have no screens, sorry about that
Logs: I don't think logs will provide any help for this issue

Last edited by superteletubbies64,

Deleted member 397079

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was able to download Sm4shExplorer and hopefully no malware came with it
However im having a NEW problem where Sm4shExplorer cant detect my SD card
No pop up comes on about sending the mods to the SD card and when I try to send it to the SD Card after building it says "No SD Card containing an installation of SDCaffiine or Loadiine is found."
Any help??

KillzXGaming

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Description of the problem: the portraits for yoshi and zelda have disappeared from my CSS for no reason. this apples to both the portraits for the custom skins and the default ones. in addition, the loading times for the CSS have become longer, and portraits don't show up immediately after the CSS is loaded.
also, whenever I play a match with a skin with a missing portrait, the portrait reappears after that match. I'm pretty sure this is reset when I leave the CSS. the battle portraits, results screen portraits and stock icons are unaffected.
Question, how many costumes load from chr13 from letters A to the characters that start to not load? (CSS loads alphabetically) I have exactly 316 including DLC which seems to be the limit.

Last edited by KillzXGaming,

deinonychus71

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For everyone talking about CSS issues: I never even tried playing around with CSS before. My job was mostly making sm4shmusic work.
Being slower is probably related to those files not being packed as some people said, but as mentionned many times before, I do not currently have time to spend on sm4shexplorer, work is just too stressful right now, sorry.
There is a lot of unknown, you are free of course to add tons of skins but nobody (certainly not me) what are the limits, if any.

The code source is available, if someone feels like helping and pushing a version with this fix, I have no problem with it though.

KillzXGaming

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For everyone talking about CSS issues: I never even tried playing around with CSS before. My job was mostly making sm4shmusic work.
Being slower is probably related to those files not being packed as some people said, but as mentionned many times before, I do not currently have time to spend on sm4shexplorer, work is just too stressful right now, sorry.
There is a lot of unknown, you are free of course to add tons of skins but nobody (certainly not me) what are the limits, if any.

The code source is available, if someone feels like helping and pushing a version with this fix, I have no problem with it though.
Yeah that's fine, it seems to be an issue where it previously was packed in an older version but the newest one does not and even the manual packed feature won't work on that folder. Is it possible to maybe have a build where it has the latest features without the pack changes? If your busy it is fine and i can still make due with using and older version.

I can also try editing the code myself using the 0.7 branch and try overriding the settings to pack it but still no expert in coding myself. Hopefully packing that one folder won't break anything.

N3UN0nt.png

Manually pressing packed doesn't seem to pack them still so i'm trying to force them to pack upon building the pack. Have it set to this yet no changes.

All i need is basic understanding of it. Like what is OffInPack? Is that files that do not go in packed files?

Last edited by KillzXGaming,

deinonychus71

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All i need is basic understanding of it. Like what is OffInPack? Is that files that do not go in packed files?

Offset in package. Basically where in a packed file does the file data start. That along with the file size is stored in the resource file.
That's why you can't unpack a packed file without the resource file it was built for.

So if you have file omelette.from and the RF tells you offinpack 0xF4 (random value) and file size 0x68, you know the file you're looking for starts at 0xF4 and ends at 0x15C.
To understand how the RF works and store everything you can either look at DTLS or my repacking class (ugh...).

My current project ends after this weekend, if the next one isn't too time consuming I don't mind going through the basics of how it all works. This scene -needs- more devs.

KillzXGaming

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Offset in package. Basically where in a packed file does the file data start. That along with the file size is stored in the resource file.
That's why you can't unpack a packed file without the resource file it was built for.

So if you have file omelette.from and the RF tells you offinpack 0xF4 (random value) and file size 0x68, you know the file you're looking for starts at 0xF4 and ends at 0x15C.
To understand how the RF works and store everything you can either look at DTLS or my repacking class (ugh...).

My current project ends after this weekend, if the next one isn't too time consuming I don't mind going through the basics of how it all works. This scene -needs- more devs.
I talked about devs working for programs and plguins for sm4sh explorer yet many devs seem to go for python based code rather than c++. Regarding the issue though do you know why sm4sh explorer skips over packing added files that is in the same folder as default files (which 0.06 does fine and lower versions). To better illustrate the issue i have these files
mkDIK1o.png

Ones in green do not pack. I've tried looking over the code and editing it but i can't get it to work still.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftyFz0yBxj8