Hacking Sm4shCommand -- Smash 4 Moveset Editor

Sammi Husky

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello people of the temp, the first functional smash 4 moveset editor. With it you can view and edit fighter, weapon, and item scripts.

Usable Features
  • Basic code completion
  • Features a Multi-tabbed text editor.
  • Basic Syntax highlighting.
  • Supports parsing animation files to retrieve script names.
  • Expandable event dictionary (Events.cfg in startup directory)
  • Customizable event syntax keywords and descriptions. (Events.cfg)
  • Supports opening full characters or single files individually.
  • Marking of changed actions in the tree view.
  • Exporting event lists as plaintext.
  • Tooltips when hovering over commands.
  • Exporting full character dumps as .txt.
  • IDE features like Projects and "Workspaces".
Planned Updates

• Realtime error checking of the code box.
  • Adding new event lists to files.
  • Creating entirely new ACMD files.
  • Creating entirely new MTable files.
Source Code: https://github.com/Sammi-Husky/Sm4sh-Tools

Downloads:
  • Stable Build - Latest official release. More stable, but missing latest developements.
  • Nightly Build - Built from latest commit to master branch. Includes latest features, but less stable.
687474703a2f2f692e696d6775722e636f6d2f334842526473772e706e67
  • How do i use this? What files do i open?
  • You can either open individual fighter files (File->Open->file..) or you can open the full fighter folder at once. Just browse to the folder containing the character's AnimCmd files. (File->Open->Fighter..). The fighter files consist of the effect, expression, gfx, and sfx .bin files as well as the motion.mtable.

• All i see is a bunch of numbers! How do i know what scripts belong to what animations?
  • View->Parse Animations. Browse to the characters animation directory. For the 3ds, this is the motion/fighter/[fighter name]/. On wiiu, it is fighter/[fighter name]/motion.

• Where do i get these files? I extracted the game, but all i have are two large files called dt and ls.
  • Those are the archives that the game stores all of it's files in. Unfortunately, we have to extract this in order to edit any files. Download and use the DTLSExtractor from this thread.

• What about updates? how do i unpack those? Help!
  • To unpack update files, simply use the DTLSExtractor from command line with the resource file as the only parameter. This will place update files in the "data" folder matching the resource file's name.

Last edited by Sammi Husky,

Sammi Husky

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I updated the main post. Refactored it a bit, added a FAQ, Download Section, and information on how to unpack the DT file. The download is in OP. Just run it from the command line.
Code:
DTLS <dt file(s)> <ls file>

Last edited by Sammi Husky,

Zedd91

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I can not believe that this does not receive more attention, because they could hack sm4sh mechanics. sm4sh and it is one of the best games of the wii u to attract more attention.

Sammi Husky

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good job! Have people been testing files ingame for you Sammi?

Thanks! and nope, not as far as i know at least :c Though using the 3ds i've been looking into repacking the DT archive. Only hit a small snag (compression length was wrong) but after writing the dtls extractor i have a pretty good grasp on the structure. The only thing left i need to do is write a good way to map the string section in the resource files correctly.

Any developments on your end? Last i checked you were working on mscsb scripts.

Sammi Husky

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
New version of DTLSExtractor. It's now able to unpack sm4sh wiiu patches. I've added a FAQ to the OP with instructions as well. Just use dtls extractor with the resource file for the region you want to unpack as the only parameter. e.g
Code:
dtls.exe resource
or
Code:
dtls.exe resource(us_fr)

The extracted files will be in the matching "data" folder. You can also just drag the resource file you want to use onto the .exe, it should extract it just fine that way.

soneek

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll try to get my patchlist and resource editor finished soon. I'd like to see research make more progress, even though I can't personally test stuff indefinitely.

Reactions: I pwned U!

Dantarion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks! and nope, not as far as i know at least :c Though using the 3ds i've been looking into repacking the DT archive. Only hit a small snag (compression length was wrong) but after writing the dtls extractor i have a pretty good grasp on the structure. The only thing left i need to do is write a good way to map the string section in the resource files correctly.

Any developments on your end? Last i checked you were working on mscsb scripts.
Haven't been working on it much. WiiU scene needs fully working breakpoints before I really can give into it. I will build an SD loader and then I am pretty much done...Zzz

Sammi Husky

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It crash again :(
(With DTLS 1.2)

Whoops, sorry about that. I fixed this issue actually, i just uploaded the wrong binary. Go ahead and re-download, it should be fixed now.

Haven't been working on it much. WiiU scene needs fully working breakpoints before I really can give into it. I will build an SD loader and then I am pretty much done...Zzz

An SD loader would be much easier to deal with. I've looked around in the code a bit to see where the game hooks into the archive, but i couldn't make much of it.

I'll try to get my patchlist and resource editor finished soon. I'd like to see research make more progress, even though I can't personally test stuff indefinitely.

This is probably the easiest way to go besides an SD loader, though, how do you get the game to read your update data? Or are you simply editing and replacing the existing installed update data on the system? Im not really up to date on what is possible in the wiiu scene nowadays.

Reactions: Mega-Mew and Zedd91

Sammi Husky

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Updated the OP! You can get the new version of the DTLSExtractor there. To patch game files, put the files you want to patch into a seperate folder, but mimicking the original filestructure.

Example, if you want to patch in a moveset edit for captain falcon, you would put the changed ACMD files in <yourpatchfolder>/animcmd/fighter/captain/.

Then all you do is run
Code:
DTLS.exe -r dt ls <yourpatchfolder>

i don't have a wiiu to test with, but this should work with cafiine, albeit probably slow because it would have to replace the entire DT archive :unsure:

Mikenuun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
SmashSet for name maybe ? :P

Anyhew great work, i'll try again later this week because yesterday was National Race Attack Failed day

mariosonicds

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alrighty, its trying to patch the resources file???
f3b932a657.png
I will try other files but the fact of it is, the wii u will only load the patchlist/resource files from the update for attack data. So there isn't much room to do much on wii u unless you can make a patches for wii u update files, or @soneek will release his script to do the same.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Watch chess streamers on Twitch and you'll pick up a thing or two.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Not to mention there's an infinite number of chess games for every possible platform.
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    just play it, get beaten a few times and start dominating
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude chess is best
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    strip checkers > nude chess
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude checkers get jumped
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, I guess you'd pick up something while watching tub streams.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Dick fights. :tpi:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Turkish olive oil wrestling.
    +1
    Veho @ Veho: Turkish olive oil wrestling. +1