Gaming slow saving [pokemon xy digital issue]

september796

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
I don't know if it's just me but I have always had this issue with my digital copy of pokemon y on my 3ds ever since the release day. The game works fine as expected but when I save it, it takes way too long compared to the physical copy that is almost instantaneous. I didn't care much until now..
I'm using a [16gb kingston SDHC class 4] card. I think the default card is class 4 as well... so idk what may cause this issue... for those of you who bought the digital release of pokemon xy... have you experienced this?

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I know the digital version of Pokemon freezes for a second or so (including the music) while saving, yes...

Fragmentation and block sizes are probably more of a factor than write speed (remember that class is sequential write, so any fragmentation in the save file makes the concept of class useless)

Inochi.no.Zenmai

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You could try making a backup of the SD card in your PC, then formatting the SD card with Guiformat or SD Formatter. You should format to FAT32 and get a cluster or allocation unit size of 32 KB. All my SD are formatted like that and it works like a charm. Digital copies of Pokémon tend to freeze a really tiny bit but I only notice it since I also have the carts.

Mind you, I even use Class 4 SD cards. Zero problems.

september796

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
You could try making a backup of the SD card in your PC, then formatting the SD card with Guiformat or SD Formatter. You should format to FAT32 and get a cluster or allocation unit size of 32 KB. All my SD are formatted like that and it works like a charm. Digital copies of Pokémon tend to freeze a really tiny bit but I only notice it since I also have the carts.

Mind you, I even use Class 4 SD cards. Zero problems.

but you still have the freezes on the digital copy

september796

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Digital copies of Pokémon tend to freeze a really tiny bit but I only notice it since I also have the carts.

Freezes? Not really. Like I said, when I save the game it takes slightly longer time than the carts, but that's less than one second still. How long are your freezes when you save?

mine takes 5-6sec to save while music gets freezes. I think I should try to format my sd card like you did, right?

Last edited by september796,

Starry Windy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
You can reformat SD card just like the others said. However, if none of these methods works, I think it's best to add a bigger SD card (like 32 GB, for instance), since probably 3DS might be a bit burdened by the lack of free space in the SD card. Well... it's the things that I figured out just recently while dealing with the similar issues with my New 3DS XL.

Please to be noted that if you wanted to use SD card that is bigger than 32 GB, you still have to format it in FAT32 format with special partition tools like EaseUS or the others, for the sake of compatibility with your 3DS.

Last edited by Starry Windy,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://youtu.be/ngNaUaQOfPU