Slashy Souls - Dark Souls Inspired Mobile Game From Bandai

slashy_souls-600x302.jpg

Tired of screaming at Dark Souls on your TV? Perhaps you'd like to scream at things on the go? You're in luck, as Bandai has taken its souls experience mobile with its new release, Slashy Souls!

Bandai Namco was quick to point out that Slashy Souls is inspired by Dark Souls but is not directly connected to the series. It follows similar themes, including a focus on challenge, but it's not developed by From Software.

Instead, Slashy Souls reimagines Dark Souls' gameplay through the lens of 16-bit graphics and the endless runner genre. While the gameplay is different than fans might expect, it will include weapons, spells and bosses that are familiar to anyone who's played Dark Souls.

The game is releasing on IOS and Adroid today!

:arrow: SOURCE

Reactions: Prans

CathyRina

Digimon Tamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
"not developed by From Software"
"endless runner genre"
"presented by Gamestop"

It's just your generic 2D endless runner with a Dark Souls skin that probably won't catch the essence of Dark Souls.
I'll wait for Salt & Sanctuary (a proper Dark Souls inspired 2D game).

Last edited by CathyRina,
Reactions: KingVamp and Vappy

BurningDesire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I just got it. First thing you see is "presented by GameStop" so you can already tell it's going to be shitty. I don't know if I suck but I can never swing the sword. All you can do is roll. I'm glad this was free. I'll try practicing some more.

Terenigma

Terenigma everywhere
Trophies
XP
Country
Im going to create a game with a square that travels along a road and you press left and right to dodge things.

...Inspired by Need for speed. Called Need for dodging

Reactions: KingVamp

Ericzander

GBAtemp's residential attorney
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
Im going to create a game with a square that travels along a road and you press left and right to dodge things.

...Inspired by Need for speed. Called Need for dodging
I'm going to make a game where you tap the screen to make your character clumsily flap its way between pipes that are ripped directly from Mario.

I'm going to make millions.

Reactions: Fluto

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Oh boy! Just what the mobile gaming market needed more of! Another "inspired by" game tied to a big game title, but is really just a shit uninspired game cashing in another game's title!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1