Hacking Skyward Sword disappeared from USB loader.

Jokerkun890

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey there. I followed one of the great guides from this site and got my Wii soft modded a couple days ago. I'm nearly done loading my games, however after going through my list Skyward Sword is missing from USB loader gx.

SS was the first game I loaded onto my hard drive and it was working prior to loading any other games (I even booted it to the main menu.)

I removed it using the manager, and and re-transferred it, but it's still not showing up. All other games show up and work fine.

Any idea of what it could be?

mikefor20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a couple ideas..
  • Maybe your HDD is failing. Is it FAT or WBFS? Both have it's issues. Chkdsk if it's FAT. Does Wii backup manager see SS?
  • USB Loader GX has filter options for the games list. Did you accidentally activate an option that excludes it? Is SS the only missing game?
  • Last I knew (correct me if I am wrong) USB Loader GX hasn't been supported for a long time. Try Wiiflow maybe?

It's been a while but i had issues years ago with WBFS corruption. There was a tool.. But all my games were missing until I fixed it. Not just one. I would love to help you. More info may help out if my prior ideas didn't work. Tell me as much as you can about your setup. The sudden onset says it's either the options above or maybe someone was mucking around with the HDD.. Did it manifest immediately?

Last edited by mikefor20,

Jokerkun890

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thank you for the response. My setup followed this guide:

(cannot post link, but it's the 2015 beginners guide.)

Everything works except for the wad manager.

I checked the filter options and there is nothing affecting it. SS is the only game missing. Everything else shows up and boots.

My HD is FAT32. I'll try the check disk when I get home.

The game does appear in Wii Backup Manager.

No one has had access to the hd but me. I did download images and cancelled part way through cause it was frozen (once I hit cancel, and the other time I restarted the console.) I did read a random thread saying the images could mess with something. No idea if that's true.

mikefor20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
like like I stated before USB loader GX has not been supported for some time. Update pictures option that you used I'm not sure what program you're referring to. It could be the issue but I doubt it. If I were you I would use Modmii and tell the wizard that you've never hacked your wii before. It should download all applicable OS stuff that you need. Install all of the wads and follow the guide. As far as you're missing game goes I'm not sure. You could try deleting your loader and putting a new one on there fresh. That way if it is any latent settings that can be ruled out immediately. Make sure you delete the folder in the root as well . You could also try a different loader, I mentioned wiiflow earlier. I think it's a file allocation thing. Check disk and defrag may help. I saw that you can't try that now let me know if it works later.

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
like like I stated before USB loader GX has not been supported for some time. Update pictures option that you used I'm not sure what program you're referring to. It could be the issue but I doubt it. If I were you I would use Modmii and tell the wizard that you've never hacked your wii before. It should download all applicable OS stuff that you need. Install all of the wads and follow the guide. As far as you're missing game goes I'm not sure. You could try deleting your loader and putting a new one on there fresh. That way if it is any latent settings that can be ruled out immediately. Make sure you delete the folder in the root as well . You could also try a different loader, I mentioned wiiflow earlier. I think it's a file allocation thing. Check disk and defrag may help. I saw that you can't try that now let me know if it works later.

What? USB Loader is supported to this day. In fact, it's the only loader that still receives updates to its official branch.

mikefor20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cool. I haven't even turned on my Wii in a couple years. USB loader GX was in limbo last I knew. And WiiFlow was being actively developed. Good to hear GX was picked back up. I always liked its interface and its implementation of banners was superior in my opinion. Awesome. I did in fact have a problem with titles disappearing but it turned out to be my wbfs partition at the time was having issues I used Wiims WBFS tools. I don't believe that's the issue you're having. FAT32 would be my best guess as your culprit. Maybe try deleting SS manually using Windows before reinstalling Skyward Sword.

Last edited by mikefor20,

Jokerkun890

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Checkdisk said everything was fine. I also optimized it. I think it's the HD though, as all the games are slowly disappearing lol. They also seem to be going in chronological order (the ones I added first are disappearing first, even when I deleted and re-add them.) I was already planning on buying a newer HD, so it's not that much of an issue.

I am going to try a different loader. All the Gamecube games are working through Nintendont though...

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I just checked and they all show up in Wiiflow.

EDIT:

I was reading this thread:

nand/emunand channels disappeared! (USB LOADER GX)

and it suggested deleting GXGlobal.cfg

Everything is showing up again. I will still probably replace the drive soon.

Last edited by Jokerkun890,

mikefor20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Checkdisk said everything was fine. I also optimized it. I think it's the HD though, as all the games are slowly disappearing lol. They also seem to be going in chronological order (the ones I added first are disappearing first, even when I deleted and re-add them.) I was already planning on buying a newer HD, so it's not that much of an issue.

I am going to try a different loader. All the Gamecube games are working through Nintendont though...

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I just checked and they all show up in Wiiflow.

EDIT:

I was reading this thread:

nand/emunand channels disappeared! (USB LOADER GX)

and it suggested deleting GXGlobal.cfg

Everything is showing up again. I will still probably replace the drive soon.

Glad to hear some progress was made. I couldn't recall the filename for the config so I was gonna have you re-set up USB Loader GX. IIRC there are other CFG files too. Also there are cache files that can cause issues in one of USBL GX's folders too. Might look in to that. Not sure if it pertains. Like I said earlier I haven't turned on my Wii in years. Good Luck!

Reactions: Jokerkun890

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: They really wanna get the head