• Start date
  • Views 1,928
  • Replies 20
  • Likes 6
D

Deleted-355425

See: http://skyrim.nintendo.com/

boxart.png

Winner of 200+ Game of the Year Awards, Skyrim® arrives on the Nintendo Switch console. The open-world adventure from Bethesda Game Studios® where you can virtually be anyone and do anything, now allows you to go anywhere—at home and on the go. New features include motion controls, gear based on the Legend of Zelda™ series, and amiibo™ compatibility.

Dragons, long lost to the passages of the Elder Scrolls, have returned and the future of Skyrim hangs in the balance. As Dragonborn, the prophesized hero born with the power of The Voice, you are the only one who can stand against them.

Live another life, in another world—from battling ancient dragons, exploring rugged mountains, building a home, or mastering hundreds of weapons, spells and abilities. For the first time ever, go into battle Legend of Zelda style: fight with the Master Sword, guard with the Hylian Shield, while wearing the Champion’s Tunic.

Features:
  • Includes all content from official add-ons: Dawnguard, Hearthfire, and Dragonborn.
  • Uncover the mystery behind the return of the dragons in a massive open world to explore any way you choose.
  • Create your own custom character and do virtually anything you want.
  • Choose from hundreds of weapons, spells, and abilities. The character system allows you to play the way you like and define yourself through your actions.
  • Your decisions matter in a world that changes dynamically based on your choices.

Exclusive new features:
Motion controls:
  • Use motion controls to battle with melee weapons, aim your bow, or pick locks, exclusively on Nintendo Switch.
amiibo compatibility:
  • Tap compatible Legend of Zelda™ character amiibo™ figures (sold separately) once daily for the chance to gain gear inspired by the series. Take down enemies with the Master Sword, protect yourself with the Hylian shield, and feel heroic in the Champion’s Tunic!
  • Tap other compatible amiibo figures to receive a chest of loot, exclusive to the Nintendo Switch version of the game.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
"Use motion controls to battle with melee weapons, aim your bow, or pick locks, exclusively on Nintendo Switch."

That's the neatest feature about the Switch version assuming it's executed well, since no-mod Skyrim combat is boring as hell.

BlastedGuy9905

where's the updated autopsy report
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"Use motion controls to battle with melee weapons, aim your bow, or pick locks, exclusively on Nintendo Switch."

That's the neatest feature about the Switch version assuming it's executed well, since no-mod Skyrim combat is boring as hell.
I don't want people slashing their screens and then suing Nintendo and Skyrim...

and then they even lose

D

Deleted User

No mod support..... well, I'll be skipping this. That was the only thing I was waiting for, and it would have made the Switch version perfect. Fuck the motion features, they'll be used once and that's about it.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No mod support..... well, I'll be skipping this. That was the only thing I was waiting for, and it would have made the Switch version perfect. Fuck the motion features, they'll be used once and that's about it.

The site isn't even finalized, there is no confirmation that states there won't be mods or not, why can't people just wait ffs? Or just mod the damn PC port.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Buy it and they might make more games.
Yeah, I don't buy into this line of thinking, even it's the way some developers want to do things. Give me games I want to play and I'll buy them. I want to play DOOM(4) on Switch, not a six-year-old game with meh combat. I won't be blackmailed into buying Skyrim, a game I've already bought and played to contentment, for the better possibility of DOOM(4) on Switch. I'm the consumer, it's my money, I hold the power in this situation.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
You are really expecting mods in a Nintendo game? Get real...
Well, it's not a Nintendo game, and Bethesda is pretty stingy about mods on consoles to begin with, so yeah. I don't even mind that mods aren't available on Switch, things should be simplified for a hybrid console. The issue is that the vanilla game isn't that great to begin with, not that mods and other gameplay changes can (somewhat) fix it. I 100% would've preferred a Morrowind remaster or Fallout 3/New Vegas remaster, but more likely they would've given us FO4, the worst of that series.

Last edited by Xzi,
Reactions: TotalInsanity4

pandavova

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Well, it's not a Nintendo game, and Bethesda is pretty stingy about mods on consoles to begin with, so yeah. I don't even mind that mods aren't available on Switch, things should be simplified for a hybrid console. The issue is that the vanilla game isn't that great to begin with, not that mods and other gameplay changes can (somewhat) fix it. I 100% would've preferred a Morrowind remaster or Fallout 3/New Vegas remaster, but more likely they would've given us FO4, the worst of that series.
Yeah but i meant for a nintendo console. Is there any game that has mods on a nintendo console? With official mod support?

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Yeah but i meant for a nintendo console. Is there any game that has mods on a nintendo console? With official mod support?
There was no game on any console with mod support until only very recently. And I don't have a PS4 or XB1, so I don't know how limited that support is compared to PC, either.

Jackson Ferrell

I don't like SJWs
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Yeah, I don't buy into this line of thinking, even it's the way some developers want to do things. Give me games I want to play and I'll buy them. I want to play DOOM(4) on Switch, not a six-year-old game with meh combat. I won't be blackmailed into buying Skyrim, a game I've already bought and played to contentment, for the better possibility of DOOM(4) on Switch. I'm the consumer, it's my money, I hold the power in this situation.
Well there's rumours about Fallout 4 coming to the Switch. It was put up on some game site as a preorder, but nothing else's been confirmed.

Risingdawn

Tempallica
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Guessing you're pretty happy then

Zero72463

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is no mods for Switch Skyrim as far as we know. Most likely there will not be. I can't wait for someone to decrypt this game so I can extract the amiibo armor and make a mod out of it. I know there are already mods for this probably, but this one is by Bethesda so it will probably be really nice. As long as the game doesn't have some special format for the Switch like a Switch header for the files. I don't think they would do that though. I am excited! :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    i dont know why tv manufactures put the hdmi ports in dumb locations so the cables have to stick out, and then down, putting strain on the ports. Instead of having the ports along the bottom edge of the tv facing downwards.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    windows me was mostly on laptops if i remembered correctly
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @RedColoredStars, I hate that too where you have to use an HDMI extension for an Amazon Fire Stick.
    +1
    I had a desktop with ME on it.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, And also cheap-ass desktop PCs like eMachines.
    Worst MS OS in history. Period.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My entertainment centers blocking all my io gotta fix that eventually
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I had used win 98 SE till XP arrived
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Had a ton of bugs and often crashed. It even didn't support DOS compatibility with older games. :feelsbadman:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I only grew up with Windows XP because I was lucky.
    I downloaded XP on dialup when it came out. Overnights for like a week. cuz I couldn't tie up the phone line during the day. It was so awesome and worked so great going from ME to XP.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Vga pins were a dick
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I kind of want down a large pizza at 10am then crash out
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Having pizza all day? done it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah pizza hut open at 10:30
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    just buy a stack of pizza and keep the rest you don't need yet frozen
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or buy frozen pizza
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I buy the regular kind, not the frozen stuff
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    supermarket pizza is ass
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    x65 would just yell at me
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sounds ok, he didn't pull a gun out ,so...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $12 large any style pizza deal
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Each bite is a $1 well spent
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, Agreed. I hate oven pizza, only from pizza place.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah I can still go for totinos
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nah I can still go for totinos