OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
gallery_125443_893_15461.jpg
Modders rejoice! We’re pleased to announce that the Skyrim Creation Kit is now available!

With the Creation Kit’s release, fans can now upload, download, and install custom content through the Skyrim Workshop on Steam. Get a crash course by reading level designer Joel Burgess’ blog post, and be sure to read up on our list of best practices for modding. Need more help? Don’t forget to to check out the official Wiki at www.CreationKit.com. In the coming days and weeks, we’ll be sharing tutorial videos for beginners and experts alike. Check out the first tutorial above, and visit the Bethesda Game Studios YouTube Channel for more.

In addition to releasing the Creation Kit and Skyrim Workshop, today we’re allowing players to experience Skyrim as you’ve never seen it before with the Skyrim High-Resolution Texture Pack. Before downloading it from Steam, make sure your system requirements exceed Skyrim’s recommended specs before attempting to install, including Windows Vista/7, a minimum of 4GB of system RAM, and a DirectX 9.0c compatible NVIDIA or AMD ATI video card with at least 1 GB of RAM and the latest drivers

[yt]gDKivlGmia4[/yt]

icon11.gif
Source

Who's excited for the mods that will be made with this? Are you going to play around with it yourself? I sure am going to!
Also, the texture pack: are you going to use it?

Edit: added video from Source. And why did there get so much space between the image and the quote...?

Reactions: 1 person

Ryupower

Brood
Trophies
Website
techmantis.net
XP
Country
United States
there also this

Valve and Bethesda have teamed up to bring users the Space Sphere mod
see
http://www.joystiq.com/2012/02/07/skyrims-creation-kit-released-with-surprise-high-resolution-t/

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I assume that if this officially mod makes the framerate on my PC go to crap, I can easily uninstall it, right?

CPU: Core 2 Duo E8400 3.0GHz (x64) SSE, SSE2, SSE3, SSSE3, SSE4.1
GPU: eVGA GeForce GTS 250 1GB GDDR3
RAM: 3GB DDR2 SDRAM PC2 6400

(I use to have 4GB, but the other RAM module freaked out and caused the PC to lock up during the POST/Boot process).

Weird. Just installed the mod, and the data files do indeed indicate that the mod is installed, but....I saw no drop in framerate. Does anyone know just what textures were affected, and how can I tell what changed?

D

Deleted-236924

I would never have thought that a high-res texture pack would have been needed.

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any insight on why this is happening to me, that is, why I can't see any improvements? I honestly don't see any changes.

http://i.imgur.com/I3HsR.jpg

Weird..I do see a very perceptible difference in that picture alright...maybe I'm just not looking hard enough, but here's a video I captured using Bandicam (and I know that the fps in the video is low, but when I'm not recording in 720p, I get 50-60fps). Is the mod in effect or not?

CPU: Core 2 Duo E8400 3.0GHz (x64) SSE, SSE2, SSE3, SSSE3, SSE4.1
Shame on you! You should have at least a 20% overclock on that CPU. :P

What, and cut the CPU's life in half? Fat chance. Besides, I only have the stock cooler (okay, I confess that don't know jack squat about overclocking safely). Plus I don't want to fry any of the motherboard components, as I'm trying to save up on on apartment and don't want to spend money on a new one.

Oh, and I'm 100% convinced the bloody mod isn't working for me. Out of all the millions of people who have this game, I happen to be the only one who can't see a difference. My hardware isn't THAT bad to the point of not having it work. I have half the settings on High while the other is on Ultra.

D

Deleted User

Can you at least let me know why I can't see a difference with the mod (in the video)?
I think it might be because of your CPU. I have that exact processor inside my old PC (Clocked to 3.6) and a AMD FX4100 inside another. There seems to be a differance to me between the two machines running the same game. You'll notice the Hi rez textures when you're inside more than you would just travelling outside with the E8400 it seems. I had a look at the game running on my other machine (FX 4100) and everything looked better, inside or out.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think it might be because of your CPU. I have that exact processor inside my old PC (Clocked to 3.6) and a AMD FX4100 inside another. There seems to be a differance to me between the two machines running the same game. You'll notice the Hi rez textures when you're inside more than you would just travelling outside with the E8400 it seems. I had a look at the game running on my other machine (FX 4100) and everything looked better, inside or out.

Well that's a bunch of bullocks.....are you sure? What can I do?

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I read somewhere that not all textures have been res'd up, so that could be the problem.

Well that would certainly explain it, as it sounds like it's a work in progress. At least could someone tell if the weapons/shields I showed in the video have been re-textured or not? Funny thing is, I can run the game at nearly 60fps with high/ultra settings. FSAA/FXAA and Anisotropic filtering kill the performance like there's no tomorrow.

Edit 4:31PM - Apparently, the modified textures are just the originals (no new textures), but they are improved, yet more subtle to notice right away. Glad to know that my specs aren't that crappy.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.