TServo2059

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

Through an American friend in Japan, I've been able to obtain a copy of Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure for Wii U. However, I can't get it to load correctly. I just get stuck on a black screen, forcing me to shut off the console and turn it back on.

I've tried loading the actual disc with OurLoader, and I've tried installing it to my USB HDD with wudump+DiscU+WUPinstaller. With the latter method, I have the correct icon on my menu, when I have sigpatches enabled through Haxchi it launches the splash screen and music, but then I still get stuck on a black screen.

I hope this isn't a bad disc, after all I went through to obtain it, but it dumped and installed properly so I'm not sure that's the problem. Am I missing something? Does this have something to do with it being a Japanese game? Is there any way I can get this game to load properly on my system?

Last edited by TServo2059,

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK, how do I do this? Does it require me to run it through Loadiine?
You can edit the files with ftpiiu everywhere to patch it like loadiine. However their is no info on running out of region on this game. I guess their isn't enough interest to try out of region

TServo2059

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know if anybody outside of Japan has ever even gotten their hands on this game. I may actually be the first one.

So am I out of luck for now?

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know if anybody outside of Japan has ever even gotten their hands on this game. I may actually be the first one.

So am I out of luck for now?
You can look through the files in loadiine format and see if any files say JP or JPN and change to US or USA.

TServo2059

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope. Nothing came of it, nobody else has tried to make this work and I sort of forgot about it. All I know is that even with Haxchi and sign patches and USB installation, on a non-Japanese console the game will get stuck on a black screen after the WiiU menu splash screen is finished. Someone on another forum tried on a EUR console, had the same problem as me, but on a JPN console it ran just fine.

I am going to try that Spiik thing and see if that helps.

Last edited by TServo2059,

TServo2059

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update: I tried forcing Japanese language/region with Spiik, and yes, that makes this game successfully launch on my USA console. Yay!

Reactions: pelago

pelago

Trophies
XP
Country
Update: I tried forcing Japanese language/region with Spiik, and yes, that makes this game successfully launch on my USA console. Yay!
Great! I wonder if it will work on a EUR console too.

Silly question, but now you've got it boot, is the game only in Japanese? I mean, is there an in-game option to switch to English? Presumably not, but you never know!

Last edited by pelago,

pelago

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks, thought as much.

So I guess the only chance of getting this in non-Japanese on Wii U would be a fan hack. I guess the existing language text from, say, the non-Japanese Wii version could be used, but there's still the considerable matter of actually hacking the executable and dealing with font and layout issues etc.

I imagine many would say it's not really worth the effort given the game is available in non-Japanese and in HD on PS3 (even compatible with Wii/Wii U portal) and Xbox 360 (needs different portal). But those if us (or those of us with kids) who are used to playing other Skylanders games with Wii Remote and Nunchuk, or GamePad, will think it's not quite the same on PS or Xbox controllers, so it's a shame.

D

Deleted User

Literally solution to this was: Spiik or RegionHax yet people recommend broken OurLoader. (It used to work before dev decided to give up development)
So I guess the only chance of getting this in non-Japanese on Wii U would be a fan hack. I guess the existing language text from, say, the non-Japanese Wii version could be used, but there's still the considerable matter of actually hacking the executable and dealing with font and layout issues etc.
Wii U uses different font so you would get bunch of ÄÂÁÀÄ instead.

Reactions: pelago

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Were actually bots