Hacking Skylanders Giants WiiU/Wii

TestNtune

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In case anybody decides to give it a shot...
I have Skylander Giant for WiiU with the WiiU portal. I was not able to get the portal to work with the original Wii. Tried different loaders and Cios's to no avail. Apparently the portal is not cross platform.

Ryupower

Brood
Trophies
Website
techmantis.net
XP
Country
United States
some are, some are not
http://skylanders.wikia.com/wiki/Portal_of_Power

some portals will work with others system some will only work with the system it is for

Portal Compatibility for Consoles

The Xbox 360 portal will only work on an Xbox 360. The 3DS portal is universal and will work on any system except an Xbox 360. The PS3 and Wii have the same portal and will be interchangeable; they can also work with the PC version. The PC portal will only work on the PC version of the game.

joeatcre

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if its not a xbox 360 one it will work cross platform to use it on the vwii or wii u need to have the d2x vwii alt beta 53 installed properly and you need to insert the portal into the bottom port in the back or turn the wireless portal on whichever you have before loading wiiflow the game does not work through usbloader gx. if you couldnt get it to work on the original wii then you most likely need to try a different ios to load it with.

also if you are trying to plug it into the front usb ports i dont think the front ports have been added to the cios yet so i dont think they work.

the pc portal works cross platform as well one of our portals is a pc one.

TestNtune

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
like I said, This is the new portal for WiiU. It will not work with the Wii system. Just the WiiU. I have tried all the cios including the proper 223. Just wanted everyone to know that it wont cross platform anymore.

ST75

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
like I said, This is the new portal for WiiU. It will not work with the Wii system. Just the WiiU. I have tried all the cios including the proper 223. Just wanted everyone to know that it wont cross platform anymore.

I have skylanders giants for wii u and have had no issues getting it to work on my launch wii. Have not tried on the vwii but assume it would work fine.

TestNtune

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nevermind.....I updated all my cios's and it works fine on 249 now. SWEET!
Mods please delete.....its a useless thread

TestNtune

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used the evil Pimp My Wii to update everything. I know its shunned, but it worked for me.Skylanders giants iso on the wii in the kids bedroom with WiiU portal. WiiU in the livingroom without a bunch of action figures by the tv. Yayeeee lol

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, I'm here.