Hacking Sky3DS+ Won't Go Online After Firmware Update

drfsupercenter

Flash Cart Aficionado
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK, so this pisses me off - I'm pretty sure they intentionally crippled their own device in order to sell Skydocks, making that a requirement to get your game's unique key in order to go online.

I had everything working great on firmware 1.30, updated it to 1.40 before attempting to play Pokémon UltraSun in case they added any new anti-piracy bypasses. Next thing you know, I'm getting Error 002-0123 "you cannot use online services with this game card"

So I thought maybe it was just UltraSun, which I had newly added to my card. I checked the first ROM I have, Pokémon Y, which has been able to go online since day one, as I use my own cartridge's private key. On firmware 1.30, it worked just fine. Tried it on 1.40... nope, same error!

Here's a screenshot of my config, the only change is that the firmware version was updated to 140 from 130.

zYGk9u2.png

My config files match this thread's instructions as well.

So my only theory is that they changed how the config has to be made when going from firmware 1.30 to 1.40... has anyone managed to get their games going online again after the update? I really do not want to go buy a Skydock. I own the game cards I'm using on the Sky3DS+ (Just consolidating them so I don't have to lug around 15 games), and dumped them using Gateway to get the private keys. Copied and pasted from Gateway ROM Patcher.

Bu2d85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The 1.4 config does not have a gamesave key. Of course you can’t go online. The gamesave key is your private header.

Copy the gamesave key from the 1.3 config to the 1.4 config.

EDIT: Maybe I read that wrong. Are both of those for the 1.4 update?

Last edited by Bu2d85,

xCasey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would a "shameless pirate" dump his own cartridges to get the private header instead of just using one I stole from a site?
No, a shameless pirate wouldn't be a moron and actually research before stealing from developers. Seriously, don't be so selfish and take people's hard work for free.

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
If you're going to shamelessly pirate games, atleast do it the right way.

No, a shameless pirate wouldn't be a moron and actually research before stealing from developers. Seriously, don't be so selfish and take people's hard work for free.

Did you sign up just to post this? :creep:

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would a "shameless pirate" dump his own cartridges to get the private header instead of just using one I stole from a site?
sorry for the off-topic interjection but . . . one obtained for free online would likely be in use and as such might would likely result in a ban . . . so the answer is yes a shameless pirate would indeed dump and use his own private header . . . i should know i paid 3 whole usd for a sealed copy of duck dynasty solely for that purpose . . . (and those fuckers at the store wanted me to pay "tax" on it)
OK, so this pisses me off - I'm pretty sure they intentionally crippled their own device in order to sell stargates,
fixed it

Last edited by wormdood,
Reactions: AutumnWolf
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you're going to shamelessly pirate games, atleast do it the right way.
Nobody cares

If you are not willing to help OP please leave...
or perhaps you'd like to buy him some 3DS games?

remlei

Trophies
XP
Country
well, you got banned. that's it.

if youre a pirate, the safest way to play the game is download it using freeshop.
its too easy to detect if youre game is illegal since they can be identified by the cart id. if the cart id is used by many users at the same time, then you get the flag of ban hammer..

Skur3byk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Post the screenshot of your ultra sun config, you might need to adjust your header ( wich seems too long for me...) And the cardid should start with c2 , depends from what game you got your header...

The other problem may be the save itself... Have you played it before adding header to your config?

Redferne

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You don't need a skydock. It should still work.
Make a backup of your cfg and sav file and try from scratch. If it works there might be an issue with your save.

pustal

Yeah! This is happenin'!
Trophies
Website
web.archive.org
XP
Country
Portugal

Just ignore him. There are kids here with enough money to be cocky and quick enough to judge, that care not for any different opinion or take on copywright dogmas. The same arrogance comes alike from comments like "why don't you just buy a second console?"....

Anyway, it's been far to long since I used a Sky3DS, what is the reason behind the latest update?

I have to agree though, for online play, CIA's are far more secure, since they require no headers.

Reactions: DayVeeBoi

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Wish I could use that for video editing lol