Hacking Sky3ds takes FOREVER to switch games.

MelonGx

Trophies
XP
Country
China
Are you sure you got an original SanDisk product ?
With SanDisk Extreme (60 MB/s), I have always 7.70 seconds between any game switching (any game size).
I confirmed my card is a genuine one. But so what? Either 7.70 or 10 is slow.

milerwan

Seasoned technician
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Sure it is slow that's the reason why there is no interest to place too much games in the microSD card .
Full 32B is not a good idea, 16GB with 10 games max is enough and more practical.

tbb043

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Definitely sd card Op.
Sandisk sucks for this purpose. Pickup a PnY card and you will be looking at 5 seconds tops.
I tested this.

That's an odd suggestion. Sandisk is a top tier card maker, while PNY is the cheapo stuff they sell at the checkout of K-Mart. If your Sandisk sucks, either it's old and outdated or a fake.

Reactions: DSlite2

MelonGx

Trophies
XP
Country
China
That's an odd suggestion. Sandisk is a top tier card maker, while PNY is the cheapo stuff they sell at the checkout of K-Mart. If your Sandisk sucks, either it's old and outdated or a fake.
This theory is not true.
Even though they are top brands, they can't provide anything better about random seeking speed, small file reading speed, etc., which may be something Sky3DS game switching really wants.

For the probability I have listed above, I only trust SLC chips, but they only appear in Industrial Models and they're ultra expensive - several times to Sandisk Extreme Pro 95/95, the top prized consumer product but MLC.

abaddon41_80

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been trying different SD cards today and I am looking at between 6-8 seconds for Samsung (32GB), Lexar (16GB), PNY (16GB), Kingston (16GB), and Sandisk (8GB) microSD's. They are all class 10. The brand and capacity don't seem to matter for me. The Kingston was the fastest by a very small amount, a second or 1.5 seconds at the most.

DSlite2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just ordered a Lexar U3 95MB/s and it should arrive on Wednesday. I'll test it against my SanDisk Ultra U1 48MB/s and report back either Wednesday night or Thursday. I'm expecting to see a significant speed increase.

**FOLLOWUP**

So my new Lexar U3 95MB/s card arrived today and I compared it to my SanDisk Ultra U1 48MB/s card. There seems to be no difference/improvement when switching games. It takes me 8 seconds between blue light and game loaded for both microSD cards.

finiarel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi, I can't wait more to get the new gateway's update so I plan to buy a Sky3DS (I'm on 9.2 EU)

I have some questions:
What is the order for switching the games ? Random? Alphabetical ? Date ?
If i just want to play free games (online or not) is it better to buy Sky3DS or Gateway ?

Thanks for your answers

DSlite2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I can't wait more to get the new gateway's update so I plan to buy a Sky3DS (I'm on 9.2 EU)

I have some questions:
What is the order for switching the games ? Random? Alphabetical ? Date ?
If i just want to play free games (online or not) is it better to buy Sky3DS or Gateway ?

Thanks for your answers

The order is determined when you write them to the microSD card via their Disk Writer Tool. If you write them all at the same time (in one shot) they'll be in alphabetical order. But the moment you add more games, the new games will be at the bottom of the order. Even if you delete something in hopes of copying the new game to that spot.

Until Gateway releases their new support for 7.x-9.2, the only true "better" option right at this moment is Sky3DS. But Gateway will be the better choice for those under 9.3 once they release their support for them. I have both and I'm happy to have my Sky3DS card to hold me over until Gateway's support is out.

DSlite2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everybory says Gateway is better but nobody says why...

Can you explina why please ?

Sky3DS will only load games from the region your 3DS supports. So for you I'm assuming your 3DS is PAL (EUR). Sky only supports homebrew through Ninjhax which requires 4.0-9.2 firmware. If you are 9.3 or above, no homebrew support. Sky3DS also takes time to switch from game to game. No Emunand

Gateway offers Region Free support. Homebrew support with or without Ninjhax. Emunand support. Quick and easy Multi-Rom selection interface.

wiiuser2

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I heard Gateway's hack must be relaunch at EVERy restart of the 3DS. Is it true ?

not true if you keep the 3DS in standby mode when not in use. If you fully switch off your device you must boot again via the profile exploit (firmware 4.x) or the Mii QR scan on 9.2 (if ever released)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended