Hacking Sky3DS released a new card - no limit for games.

Ra1d

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
If that is rude for you you should look at what this Gateway team does! They just break other 3DS system without shame! SKY3DS will never do something like that!

Don't mind him guys, just a mindless sheep paid by Sky3DS, if you think he understands anything in consoles or firmware(let alone programming), you're wrong, he's just here to talk shit on Gateway for moneyz.

These roleplayers deserve no profit, I bet they will release a new cart every month. :sleep:

vinci89

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Does Either gateway or Sky3ds support gba emulator?I miss some of those games real bad.

Nice try Team Gateway! But the SKY3DS can not get blocked! And even if it can get blocked we could make a new SKY3DS card that works on future FW! Thats no Problem!
I Personally don't pirate accessible games but boy did u shoot yourself in the foot with this statement :rolleyes: If I am not wrong most people who pirate will do so cuz of money crunch...so how do u plan on supporting your business everytime nintendo throws an update? Shouldn't u be doing firmware updates or something?

CarefulCrysis

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Nice try Team Gateway! But the SKY3DS can not get blocked! And even if it can get blocked we could make a new SKY3DS card that works on future FW! Thats no Problem!

They break other 3DS from clone buyers! Please do not buy your card from them!
You seem as bad as the crackheads selling Cubic Ninja on eBay for £50+, who would want to buy a sky3DS twice?

davhuit

Trophies
XP
Country
France
This guy made the right decision! Do you see? You can play every game on every firmware! SKY3DS is the best flashcaerd ever!

- How do we play import games with Sky3DS?
- How can we use homebrew with Sky3DS?
- How can we install .cia files with Sky3DS? (required if Nintendo block it and that you can access eshop anymore to download the updates).
- How can we upgrade without paying again if Nintendo block it?

Questions I honestly don't know the answers :
- Does Sky3DS play dumped Eshop games by the way?
- Does Sky3DS able to play games online?

Will be the best when it'll does all of that. Gateway is not perfect too, it'll be perfect if they find a way to enable emunand on 9.x one day, which is not the case yet, but it able you to do all the things I quoted earlier, and it cost less than the Sky3DS... (not to mention they give you two linkers, a 3DS one and a DS one).

"Play every game on every firmware"? Seems to be a lie. That would mean it works on 1.0 for example, and Smash Bros require, at least 8.x firmware to work so there is no way you can make it work on older firmwares. Most recents games need, at least 7.x to work.

I understand what you want to mean, that every 9.x versions work with it, but the way you say it sound like a commercial lie. You rather should say you can play every game on the last official firmware (which is basically the same, but this sentence is true, contrary to the previous one).

Why don't you use the same exploit as gateway by the way? I don't see any reason except the fact that you can sell multiples revisions of the card. If they managed to find one, why can't you find the same exploit and do like them? So a cart that is region-free, that able you to install .cia files, run homebrews, etc... and which run on 9.2 or older firmwares?

If you really want to make a lot of sells, that why I would do personally. Release such a thing before them and they will be screwed. I assume a part of the people who want to buy a linker for 3DS want it because of the region free (which avoid you to buy another 3DS just for that). That's why I bought my gateway personally. Wanted a japanese game, game cost was 60 dollars, gateway was 70 dollars, thought "if Nintendo made a region-lock, it mean they don't want my money for import games so let's respect them and only give them my money for my own region games) and here we go.

And if you want to have a better reputation, I would avoid to criticize others, calling them "crap", and also offer the new SKY3DS to people who bought the first one and want an exchange (something like "send back your Sky3DS to your reseller and he'll send you a new one for free"). Gateway did it with the few 3DS bricks (they gave 4.5 3DS to people who got bricked and asked for a replacement), so why can't you do the same? (not to mention a 3DS cost higher than the chinese manufacturing of a flashcard) .

luney

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had a scary thought too. The same day that someone else, not sky3ds team mind you, finds a way around the 10 game limt, they already have this new version manufactured and available to order at resellers? I call bullshit. I was so tempted to actually buy one so I could actually play roms on my current fw 3dsxl. But especially after this douche posted that if big N blocks the blue button cart that they will release another version again for everyone to spend more money on, again, screw that! Sounds more and more like this was the plan right from the very beginning. Sell the first version until interest dies off. Then magically have a new version already manufactured and sitting on the shelf that has the 10 game limit fixed. Then magically have another version already sitting on the shelf waiting for the blue button version to be blocked so they can sell everyone a third unblocked version. Hell, it will probably have the 10 game limit again so that a fourth version can appear like magic, to fix the 10 game limit again until it gets blocked. Then we will see yet another version.............etc, etc, etc...............

slowmotioning

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well damn. Sky3DS has survived two updates while being released, and Gateway succumbed to the very first one even though it's not released yet.

Can Sky3DS be stopped?! Will Gateway's solution come out before Find out on the next episode.

Muskusrat

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Why are most people so ticked off by the fact that Sky3DS released a new version of the card? This happened all the time on the GBA and DS scene. Hell all companies do it, look at Nintendo, Microsoft or Apple for example. So this is nothing new, yes maybe it was planned, but you knew what you where getting with the first version. They didn't hide the 10 game limit. Even with the 10 game limit it is cheap if you put 10 games on it, which each cost 40 euro in the store.

By the way I do not own any flash card at the moment, waiting for the Gateway update or Sky3DS blue version. Which ever is released first I will buy.

Reactions: Des_Kaje and Zidapi

Sonicx64

任豚好騙!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why are most people so ticked off by the fact that Sky3DS released a new version of the card? This happened all the time on the GBA and DS scene. Hell all companies do it, look at Nintendo, Microsoft or Apple for example. So this is nothing new, yes maybe it was planned, but you knew what you where getting with the first version. They didn't hide the 10 game limit. Even with the 10 game limit it is cheap if you put 10 games on it, which each cost 40 euro in the store.

By the way I do not own any flash card at the moment, waiting for the Gateway update or Sky3DS blue version. Which ever is released first I will buy.

The blue version is already out and can be purchased now. As tempting as it is, I'll be waiting a little bit longer for Gateway.

fuzzdawg11

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First of all, TeamSky3DS could just as easily be someone from Gateway trying to delegitimize Sky3DS as someone from Sky3DS themselves. The FIRST place to go for actual information from Sky3DS themselves is their official website, which is fairly easy to find doing a Google search. With that said, it very well could be a troll or an actual employee.

The fact of the matter is that anyone that bought a first gen flashcart got exactly what they paid for and Sky3DS is making an effort to allow a workaround for the OLD flashcart by posting a link to a tutorial. They are NOT just trying to sell a new flashcart to their old customer base.

IMO, Sky3DS released a product and got tremendous support. This brought it extra finance and I'm sure it kickstarted their operation. Surely they have some new additions to their team and they will be working hard to continuously update their flashcart's firmware and combat Nintendo's firmware revisions. Sky3DS is confirmed to work on 9.4 now, which is already 2 versions ahead of Gateway's 9.2 release.

As for Gateway being the "perfect company" and devoid of greed.... you guys are fooling yourselves. They are just as greedy as any other company on the market, however, they will do their best to maintain a loyal fan-base. It is a balance between customer relations, innovation, and skilled release of new technology in order to milk the market. Apple is the BIGGEST example of this tactic.

Lastly, the question was asked "What will you do when Sky3DS is blocked by an update?" We will do the exact same thing that those of you with Gateways have been doing.... we will wait until their is a workaround for this issue and run the last compatible version of the software (it has ALREADY been proven via the 10 game limit hack that Sky3DS cards are somewhat flexible and their firmware's can be modified).

Reactions: Deleted-355425
D

Deleted User

Lastly, the question was asked "What will you do when Sky3DS is blocked by an update?" We will do the exact same thing that those of you with Gateways have been doing.... we will wait until their is a workaround for this issue and run the last compatible version of the software (it has ALREADY been proven via the 10 game limit hack that Sky3DS cards are somewhat flexible and their firmware's can be modified).

That's the problem. There is no workaround for this issue. Atleast not in a practical timeframe.

It usually takes around 2 years for a new "workaround" to emerge.

jimwhat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First of all, TeamSky3DS could just as easily be someone from Gateway trying to delegitimize Sky3DS as someone from Sky3DS themselves. The FIRST place to go for actual information from Sky3DS themselves is their official website, which is fairly easy to find doing a Google search. With that said, it very well could be a troll or an actual employee.

TeamSky3DS was Smea's troll account. No harm done (i.e. Dont take it seriously).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Talk about propaganda.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Illinois is working to ban toxic food additives that have been banned for decades in other countries; additives that can be replaced and all those countries still have Skittles and Mountain Dew. Title of the piece: GUBMINT WANTS TO TAKE AWAY YOUR CANDY
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Gee, I wonder if the author is biased?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Sounds and smells like bullshit. They don't give you cancer, and California should know that. I don't get why they stick labels that say "may or may not cause reproductive harm or cancer".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Arsenic doesn't give you cancer either.
    +2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    California has already banned those additives BTW.
    +2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Psi has been banned in the state of California.
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I am the cancer!!! lol
    Yayyy got arcade games on the Pi working lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Cool.
    Now to spend 6 months deleting all the garbage lol
    Mame should be two sets one for preservation of everything and one set for people who just want to play and enjoy the old old ganes
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Psionic Roshambo, Shouldn't preservation be legal tho?
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Psionic Roshambo, I always see this dude's shorts, he sounds pretty annoying.
    +1
    Preservation yeah it absolutely should be legal
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Psionic Roshambo, Believe Japan was going to make it legal at some point, according to a Kotaku story.
    +1
    I swear like 99% of arcade games wouldn't even exist these days outside of MAME the arcade machines are old and busted very few ever saw any sort of home conversion
    We get 37 versions of Super Mario Bros but 0 of Beast Busters
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Psionic Roshambo, There's a lot of obscure Japanese arcade titles that are either lost to time or dumped.
    +1
    It's so unfair, maybe AI can save us lol
    I mean if a company could use AI to do the work of a home conversion for essentially free why not? The rights for some games are completely lost though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Psionic Roshambo, AI is taking our jobs!
    +1
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol